PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Rabbit07
01-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Thank you Central Florida Region. I ran my ITA car last weekend at the National in STU, at Sebring. I unfortunately had to use the wrecker twice. Everyone there is so great and helpful. I very much apprieciate it. Sorry to any of my competitors that got caught up in my transmission explosion.......

Thanks!

R2 Racing
01-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I unfortunately had to use the wrecker twice......Sorry to any of my competitors that got caught up in my transmission explosion.......
Chris, was this in your Neon? I'm starting to think that "you're doing it wrong". Can I interest you in a Honda?:shrug:

Sorry to hear it man, hopefully you'll be back out and running some more this year.

Rabbit07
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, it was in the Neon......URGH! I really think sometimes that I have fully exhausted everything that car can give me. I broke a axle in Q2 and then the clutch letting loose in the race. I haven't had a trouble free weekend with the car since Sebring last January. The first 2 years with the car were not problem, but I was not going as fast, so now I am finding the limits of some of these parts.

I do have the IT-fest on the schedule as well as the race at the new blue grass raceway.

downingracing
01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I expect to see you at that gratten weekend too..... I want another shot at getting around you when I can actually see where you are in front of me!!!!! :eek:

Rabbit07
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Matt,

You may have to wait for Mid-O. but who knows?

I think that next time you guys need to join me in Florida in January.

R2 Racing
01-14-2009, 02:48 AM
I think that next time you guys need to join me in Florida in January.
Hey, if you got a trailer to put my car on... :eclipsee_steering:

dominojd
01-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I do have the IT-fest on the schedule .

You better have It FEst on the schedule. No excuses this year. :)

JLawton
01-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah, it was in the Neon......URGH! I really think sometimes that I have fully exhausted everything that car can give me. I broke a axle in Q2 and then the clutch letting loose in the race. I haven't had a trouble free weekend with the car since Sebring last January. The first 2 years with the car were not problem, but I was not going as fast, so now I am finding the limits of some of these parts.

Chris,
It's these damn POS American made cars!! There are some weekends where I want to drive it off a f*ckin' cliff!! Especially when you're parked next to a Miate that only has to check tire pressures all weekend long!!! :mad:

Hang in there though. You've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears (and butt loads of money) into that car. When it's running right, you're having a blast!!

Good luck

(FL in January.......Hmmmmmmmmmmm. 3 below here with the wind chill)

Rabbit07
01-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I am just glad I had other things to do down here is Florida. Otherwise I would have been really ticked off if I drove all the way down here to blow up.:blink:

R2 Racing
01-15-2009, 01:41 AM
I am just glad I had other things to do down here is Florida.
Daytona next weekend?

Rabbit07
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Daytona next weekend?

That would be cool, but no. My Parents live close to Sebring, and I wanted to introduce them to there new grandson.

its66
01-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Chris, Nice meeting you this past weekend. I know you probably don't want to hear about it, but there are some pretty impressive photos. Stuff that you'll hate for a year, but love to show you kids in 20.

When they put out you were on the wall at T14, i was worried. I've seen ugly stuff happen there. I was relieved to see that it was a mechanical issue when I came around next.

IF you decide you want those pics, I'll get you in touch with Henry. Somehow, that dude is everywhere.

Rabbit07
01-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I wasn't interested in photos, but as it turns out my wife wants some. The story goes that I had flames 50 ft out the back of the car when the clutch let loose. If you can put me in touch with the photogapher that would be great.

Thanks

its66
01-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Chris,
The company is COLOUR TECH SOUTH.
www.colourtechsouth.com
407-252-7570
[email protected]
Henry Kowalski is the photographer you spoke to. Great guy. Even better pictures. I have blown one of his up to wall size, so I could get the detail of part of it. great resolution. I've seen the pics of your car, they are awesome. You won't be sorry. Heck, I'd buy them and it wasn't even my car. Tell him I twisted your arm and made you do it. :)

JLawton
01-18-2009, 09:34 AM
I wasn't interested in photos, but as it turns out my wife wants some. The story goes that I had flames 50 ft out the back of the car when the clutch let loose. If you can put me in touch with the photogapher that would be great.

Thanks

Post 'em up when you get them!! Sounds like a sight!