PDA

View Full Version : Class groupings for I.T. fest (a.k.a. I.T.SPEC*tacular)

TAC
01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
O.K. gang it's time to set the race groups so here is my thinking. Any suggestions?

1. ITR, STU
2. ITA, IT7, ITC
3. To Be announced
4. ITS, ITB
5. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA
6. SM, SSM

race group #3 is still up in the air and will not be resolved till Jan. 18th

Todd

Spinnetti
01-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Just curious - is the grouping of B with S (instead of A and S for instance) and the like just due to evening out the size of the groups?

tom91ita
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
works for me Todd.

i am assuming the S with B, etc., is to keep the faster B's from running with the A's and the faster A's from running with the S's (or beating them......)

R2 Racing
01-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Running ITS with ITB and ITA/7 with ITC is to purposely create a situation where there will be little overlap between the front of the "slower" class and the back of the "faster" class, effectively keeping people out of other people races who don't belong there. Combine that with the possibility of a split start, and I think it's been working quite well.

They look good to me, Todd!

Z3_GoCar
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
O.K. gang it's time to set the race groups so here is my thinking. Any suggestions?

1. ITR, STU
2. ITA, IT7, ITC
3. To Be announced
4. ITS, ITB
5. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA
6. SM, SSM

race group #3 is still up in the air and will not be resolved till Jan. 18th

Todd

Not that I'll be able to be there, but here's something you might want to consider. Due to the allowance for IT cars in STU, the majority of STU cars would come from ITR. So you may consider grouping ITR with another class/category. Maybe STO would work better, make ITR the slow group, and run STU with ITE.

James

dj10
01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
What's STU?

Gregg
01-11-2009, 11:01 PM
See pg. 379 of your brandy new '09 GCR.

BTW, the groupings look good to me.

RacerBill
01-12-2009, 12:11 AM
ITB with ITS (split start) is fine with me - worked well last year. Group 4 is OK as well.

TAC
01-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Not that I'll be able to be there, but here's something you might want to consider. Due to the allowance for IT cars in STU, the majority of STU cars would come from ITR. So you may consider grouping ITR with another class/category. Maybe STO would work better, make ITR the slow group, and run STU with ITE.

James

Food for thought. My take is that STU can run anything under 2499 c.c.'s which would mean ITR for the most part would be the faster class. I think..... anyhow for Dan's benefit. STU and STO were created from the old BP/DP classes. The concept is to give other race organization participants a chance to race with us. I bet you can guess what organization that is. :D

Todd

dhardison
01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Any chance/possibility of breaking out ITE in to ITO/ITU just like you're doing with Super Touring (like they did at the ARRC)? ITO could run with exisitng group 5 (TCC, STO, GTA) and ITU with group 1 (ITR, STU). There are some of us in ITE with smaller displacement, lower horsepower engines that would enjoy the MUCH closer competition of ITR/STU vs. TCC/STO/GTA.

ITO/ITU could be broken down by the same c.c. and/or horsepower limits as STO/STU.

Thanks,
Dan

Greg Amy
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I looked for one thing...and it wasn't there. So, I'm happy...

:)

924Guy
01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Looks good to me...

Racerlinn
01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I looked for one thing...and it wasn't there. So, I'm happy...

:)

But you don't know what Group 3 will be.....

Z3_GoCar
01-12-2009, 04:04 PM
What's STU?

Hey Dan,

I'm looking out for you, it used to be DP.

Food for thought. My take is that STU can run anything under 2499 c.c.'s which would mean ITR for the most part would be the faster class. I think..... anyhow for Dan's benefit. STU and STO were created from the old BP/DP classes. The concept is to give other race organization participants a chance to race with us. I bet you can guess what organization that is. :D

Todd

Which GCR are you reading?? Mine says 6 cylinders and 3.0liters, so most of ITR can double dip with STU. Even so a full built STU "should" be faster than any IT car, but given that to date the fastest STU cars came from ITR, they're the same speed. Now STO will definetly be faster than ITR.

R2 Racing
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't see the point in jumbling so ITR and STU aren't in the same group. ITR will have what, maybe 8 cars at most? How many of them would be interested in double dipping into STU if they could? One, maybe two? Not worth it. Really, I'd be surprised if that Group 1 has any more than 15 cars in it, unless there's something I don't know about a bunch of ITR and/or STU cars planning on showing up.

I think this will be the first time GTA has ever ran at Mid Ohio. Hopefully a bunch of those guys will come up, because that'll be cool.

RSTPerformance
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Make group 5 be group 3
Make group 3 be group 6 and anounce that ProIT will be making a visit!!!

Looks good to me, not sure if the tow is in the budget, let's hope gas keeps dropping!!!

Raymond

RedMisted
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't see the point in jumbling so ITR and STU aren't in the same group. ITR will have what, maybe 8 cars at most? How many of them would be interested in double dipping into STU if they could? One, maybe two? Not worth it. Really, I'd be surprised if that Group 1 has any more than 15 cars in it, unless there's something I don't know about a bunch of ITR and/or STU cars planning on showing up.

I'm afraid you're right about the low car count for group 1. Very few ITR cars abound and STU is a new class. I think there were only two BP/DP-classed cars at the last IT Fest.

RedMisted
01-12-2009, 09:10 PM
What's STU?

Dan, didn't you know??? STU are the new jam cars for those of us in ITR! LOL. :D

Greg Amy
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Very few ITR cars abound and STU is a new class.
I would/will very likely enter STU as well, for the track time. My goal, of course, would be to embarrass as many ITR cars as is humanly possible... ;)

dj10
01-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Dan, didn't you know??? STU are the new jam cars for those of us in ITR! LOL. :D

You might be right Chris. In reality a well prepared STU/ DP should be faster than us. Depending on the car count & times, they might want to do a split start, especially if Greg Amy is in the group in his hopped up ITS machine.:eek:........http://72.167.111.130/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

"Hey Dan,

I'm looking out for you, it used to be DP."

Thanks Z3, I'm glad someone is.:)

TAC
01-19-2009, 10:32 PM
O.k. our last group has been settled. SRF, GP,HP,EP,FP,GTL

Todd

TAC
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
To all,

the groups for the I.T.FEST (a.k.a. I.T.SPEC*tacular) are set. STU and STO are explained in the 2009 GCR. They are very similar to the SEDiv./ ARRC definitions of ITO, ITU. I have left the GLDiv. version of ITE in the mix for those cars that still don't "Fit".

Todd

1. ITA, IT7, ITC
2. SRF, EP,FP,HP,GP,GTL
3. ITS, ITB
4. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA
5. ITR, STU
6. SM, SSM

RedMisted
02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Seems about right. Group Five will probably be small, but the mix is right and faster cars always need more room to run.

TAC
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks! I do anticipate group 5 to be small. I try to keep Tech in mind when looking at the order of things. Its always best to put small groups in between the larger groups. I figure SM, SSM will probably top out around 40 cars again this year.

TAC
04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Well.

I didn't do my homework or I would have known GP is no more. Also I did goof and left out AS. So things have changed a little.

1. ITA, IT7, ITC
2. SRF, EP,FP,HP,GTL
3. ITS, ITB
4. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA, AS
5. ITR, STU
6. SM, SSM