PDA

View Full Version : what kinda of engine management?

ismaelae86
01-11-2009, 06:22 AM
hey fellas ive been looking up standalones for my car and i was wondering what kinda of engine management do u guys recommend?? ive heard good things about haltech e6k on rx7club and pretty good prices too but i would like to know ur guys input on this subject..
thanks
ismael

JeffYoung
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Fast guys spend the bucks on Motec.....

However, contact Chris Ludwig at Ludwig Motorsports. He's a US Haltech dealer (I'm putting one in my TR8), and has developed a stand alone solution for the 2nd Gen RX7. Travis Tappers has one and likes it a lot.

shwah
01-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I also suggest that you look into Megasquirt. This is an 'open source' style system, in hardware and software, that offers tons of flexibility, and to those with the ability, customization. It can be purchased in kit form and owner built, but I prefer buying one prebuilt, to minimize chance of failures.

DIYautotune.com will have more information. I know they have plug and play systems for Miatas, not sure about other Mazdas.

ismaelae86
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Fast guys spend the bucks on Motec.....

However, contact Chris Ludwig at Ludwig Motorsports. He's a US Haltech dealer (I'm putting one in my TR8), and has developed a stand alone solution for the 2nd Gen RX7. Travis Tappers has one and likes it a lot.

what type of motec system?? like what model?? hmm let me see if i can find chris's sn so i can pm him...just wondering when u say developed do u mean plug and play?? thanks for ur time

I also suggest that you look into Megasquirt. This is an 'open source' style system, in hardware and software, that offers tons of flexibility, and to those with the ability, customization. It can be purchased in kit form and owner built, but I prefer buying one prebuilt, to minimize chance of failures.

DIYautotune.com will have more information. I know they have plug and play systems for Miatas, not sure about other Mazdas.

is there a website that sales as whole kits???

ismaelae86
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
what type of motec system?? like what model?? hmm let me see if i can find chris's sn so i can pm him...just wondering when u say developed do u mean plug and play?? thanks for ur time

is there a website that sales as whole kits???

nevermind just notice u left me a site lol

C. Ludwig
01-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the mention Jeff. If the OP would like to call the number is 502-515-7482 or email to [email protected]. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Andy Bettencourt
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Chris,

You still sell the 'in the box' solution?

We have 2 certified Halltech techs at our place now and it's great for the ITS stuff but I still have a market for the 'in the stock box' requirement for 2nd gen RX-7's...

C. Ludwig
01-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Chris,

You still sell the 'in the box' solution?

We have 2 certified Halltech techs at our place now and it's great for the ITS stuff but I still have a market for the 'in the stock box' requirement for 2nd gen RX-7's...

Not selling them anymore. I feel it's a good product, it's just not a good business deal for us. I've also seen enough worn out, rotten stock harnesses to appreciate how a well built standalone harness can exercise troublesome demons.

Saw your guys in Kentucky. Small world. :)