PDA

View Full Version : '09 Tire Contingency Options

cjb25hs
01-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I have not been able to find anything out yet in regards to any Tire Manufacturer. From what research I have done.

Anybody know if anyone is going to offer anything on the Regional level?

jay05
01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Talked to Rudy at Kumho and they will have a regional contingency next year. Not sure of the pay out.

Go Browns - maybe next year?

RedMisted
01-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I have not been able to find anything out yet in regards to any Tire Manufacturer. From what research I have done.

Anybody know if anyone is going to offer anything on the Regional level?

I think Hoosier will probably be in the contingency game this year, but don't quote me on it.

I'm a Brownie fan to the core, but how the hell am I supposed to chose between Steelers and Ravens this weekend?:shrug:

quadzjr
01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I haven't heard that anything has changed since last year. Is there a reason why it would be different?

erlrich
01-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Don't know what it means, but I see Hankook has pulled all of their contingency forms off of the web site. Could mean they're just updating the page...

I did try to call their motorsports rep last week (Liz?), but got put through to her voice mail. I'll try again this week.

dominojd
01-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Don't know what it means, but I see Hankook has pulled all of their contingency forms off of the web site. Could mean they're just updating the page...

I did try to call their motorsports rep last week (Liz?), but got put through to her voice mail. I'll try again this week.

From what I have been told by a reliable source NO HANKOOK contincency this year for sure.

Greg Amy
01-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Honestly, guys, I would not plan on ANY contingency this year from ANY manufacturer.

Times is tough. Watch for a rise in Toyo usage...

cjb25hs
01-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Watch for a rise in Toyo usage...

I was thinking the same thing, almost dead heat cycled hoo-hoo's or fresh Toyo's

ebb
01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Here is the Kumho 2009 form, significantly reduced payouts.

http://kumhomotorsports.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/contingencyregional.pdf

What are the other options?

robits325is
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I just discovered that Hankook will not be having any contingency program at all for 2009.

tnord
01-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Here is the Kumho 2009 form, significantly reduced payouts.

http://kumhomotorsports.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/contingencyregional.pdf

What are the other options?

it is significantly reduced, but i'm very grateful they are continuing the program on any level. i have kumho tires on my street miata, and will be running V710s on the race car this year.

erlrich
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I just discovered that Hankook will not be having any contingency program at all for 2009.

Of course...in this year when the terror known as AJ will be off running the TDI Cup, and I've got the car just about to the point where I have a decent shot at a top-3 finish, they pull the plug. Why does that not shock me. I guess I'll still be on Kooks, since I refuse to buy K tires and the purple crack is so much more expensive.

terryg
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Hoosier corporately does not offer a regional program, but Hoosier Tire Midwest has offered a regional program for many years for the drivers in MidDiv, CenDiv, and GLDiv.
Not as many tires given away as on a National level, but better than a kick in the pants!

Call for the details, or see us the track!!

Hoosier Tire Midwest
574.936.8344:026:

jumbojimbo
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Rather than just whine here about the lack of regional contingency information on the scca.com website, I contacted the appropriate person at scca and provided the info about the Kumho and Hoosier Tire Midwest info.

I got a prompt and professional answer which indicated "if the companies choose not to post their programs with us we are not able to add them to our website". But as a competitor I'm free to post the info on various forums.

Needless to say I find that answer disappointing. What is the point of the national club website if it is not to provide the best possible information to the club membership? Oh well, long live improvedtouring.com. It's not like scca.com is in my favorites anyway.