PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable front sway bar endlinks

RedMisted
01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm upgrading my entire suspension and steering system.(Shocks/struts, springs, bushings & modified lower control arms with adjustable spring perches.) I'm hoping to see some pretty nice gains at the track with these new units.

Also, I'm thinking about having customized adjustable sway bar endlinks made for my car. How critical are such pieces to a car's handling? I can't find any pieces "off the shelf" as nobody makes them for my car. Problem is, the guy who would make them for me is asking for several hundred dollars (at least $300) :eek: to do the job. Is this overkill?

rsportvolvo
01-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure what your endlinks look like, but I say make them yourself. Cheaper and you can make sure you get good quality components. This link should help get you started.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techtip/techtips/sway_bar_links.htm

Dano77
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
That depends on how important a balanced car is to you. 300 seems pricey,do you have access to the motorsports dept at Lowes,its near the hardware section. Or some of the local round track shops have smaller hiem joints in stock,say 3/8 or so depending on the distance a male into a female will have enough adjustment at least to get the preload out of the swaybar. Threaded rod and urethane bushings work well to. But then again I hold the raer axle in my RX7 into the car with chain /droop limiters. :shrug:

RedMisted
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure what your endlinks look like, but I say make them yourself. Cheaper and you can make sure you get good quality components.

Thanks for the response. I just found somebody else who'll make these links for me much cheaper. I thought that several hundred dollars was a bit much to pay for such pieces!