PDA

View Full Version : Mintex F-series brake pads

rsportvolvo
01-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Does anyone here have experience with the Mintex F-series brake pads? Specifically the F4R compound.

This compound was recommended by a NASCAR brake engineer I've been in contact with.

rsportvolvo
01-03-2009, 05:45 PM
I just stumbled across this on the AP Racing webiste:

http://www.apracing.com/info/info.asp?section=Pad+Characteristics_105

This shows test results for various pad compounds as tested by AP Racing. So this is a pretty good apples-to-apples comparison. Unfortunately they haven't tested any of the common IT favorates (Hawk, Carbotech, Porterfield, etc.)

itmanta
01-07-2009, 02:34 AM
David, you may want to research the Hawk DTC60/70 compounds. My personal experience with them has trumped anything I have used. This is on the Volvo with Wilwood SL6's and my Manta with its puny stock brakes. The brake modulation is excellent with good bite hot and cold and as a bonus they are real easy on rotors.

P.S. You are going to be too old to drive before you get that car finished :lol:.

rsportvolvo
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Peter,

Thanks for the tip on the Hawks. I'm not familiar with those compounds. I'll look into them. Most likely I'll do some testing to see which compounds are best matched to me and the car.

I finally settled into a non-traveling job. If I can minimize helping friends with their race cars and bikes I should have my car track ready by the fall. I should have the Mumford linkage sorted by then.

itmanta
01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Peter,

Thanks for the tip on the Hawks. I'm not familiar with those compounds. I'll look into them. Most likely I'll do some testing to see which compounds are best matched to me and the car.

I finally settled into a non-traveling job. If I can minimize helping friends with their race cars and bikes I should have my car track ready by the fall. I should have the Mumford linkage sorted by then.

I am sure your car will be loaded with good stuff when it is done. Definately include those compounds in your tesing. Start with the 60 series unless you need more bite then try the 70's. if you need to balance the braking at all with compounds just mix f/r.