PDA

View Full Version : Monticello

raffaelli
12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Received a note today that they will rent the south track to clubs in 2009 when I asked if they will host SCCA or NASA type events.

http://www.drivemmc.com/

dtanthon
12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Did you contact the NYR race chairman? Get him all the information.
This is a true country club and would be great if we can race here.

Serge
12-23-2008, 03:42 PM
First, Monticello needs the track approved by SCCA, I don't believe that this has been done. Additionally, 2009 schedule is already set. So maybe in 2010?

Serge Lentz
NER CRB Chairman

philstireservice
12-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Ooooooooooooo only 20 minutes from our shop !!!!!:happy204:

dtanthon
01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I have been in contact with Monticello.

Any event would be during the week. Weekends are booked for MMC events.
This would be a one day event, we can race. A PDX / Club Trial or Time Trial would fit as well. This is using the 1.8 mile south course. The right side of the track map.
http://www.monticellomotorclub.com/

What do you think?

Yes, the circuit would have to be inspected and approved for SCCA use. We did that this year at NJMP.

Andy Bettencourt
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
No weekday only events for me.

gran racing
01-16-2009, 11:02 AM
I understand the whole time off from work thing Andy, but would you be okay with a Friday qual then Sat race? Just curious because I had the same initial thought.

(If you feel like trying out the track, SCDA will be there on Friday, July 31st)

Andy Bettencourt
01-16-2009, 11:48 AM
I understand the whole time off from work thing Andy, but would you be okay with a Friday qual then Sat race? Just curious because I had the same initial thought.

(If you feel like trying out the track, SCDA will be there on Friday, July 31st)

Yes but I don't think Sat is avail...no?

philstireservice
01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
How about a testing day during the week? You might even be able to get tire support for that day during the week.....:024:

lateapex911
01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Testing on a track that we don't race on is of somewhat limited value.

I'd do a midweek race for sure if that's the only way I could drive, say, Laguna Seca...but...it's a different story with a place that has no history. If it fit the schedule, sure.

StephenB
01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I would be interested no matter what day it was. I live in the world of Retail so weekends are actually harder to take off than weekdays! Count me in! How about a PROIT race here :)

Stephen

philstireservice
01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Testing on a track that we don't race on is of somewhat limited value.

I'd do a midweek race for sure if that's the only way I could drive, say, Laguna Seca...but...it's a different story with a place that has no history. If it fit the schedule, sure.

Sheeesh Jake !! What gloomy Gus....:024:

You gotta start somewhere. Who's to say that this track might be in the future of SCCA Northeast someday.......

gran racing
01-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Jake, you could do it because it's a new track and would be fun. LOL

Andy, my basic point was why wouldn't we be willing to do a weekday only event if we'd be willing to do a Fri qual, Sat race event? I know, a single day event...then again, I'm not fond of the whole two day events and using one for qual.

Stephen, why don't you and Ray go with me to the SCDA event and we can have some fun.

Andy Bettencourt
01-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Andy, my basic point was why wouldn't we be willing to do a weekday only event if we'd be willing to do a Fri qual, Sat race event? I know, a single day event...then again, I'm not fond of the whole two day events and using one for qual.

I would, it just didn;t seem like Sat racing was an option. A test day without a race on the schedule is a no-go for me too. Too far for not much in terms of my personal goals.

dtanthon
01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
No weekends, just during the week. I'm just testing the waters to see what if anything we may be able to do with this facility. We need to look at everything available.

But this is a one day event. So doing something like Pro-IT would be the way to go, a restricted regional. All clubs that I know of are doing a PDX.

philstireservice
01-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Now that's a good idea .....:happy204: