PDA

View Full Version : Muffler?

Spinnetti
12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi all... After a few years off, I'm getting my ITA Toyota back in shape. I used to run a open Supertrapp out the back, but want to go out the side now. Any recommendations for a muffler? I was thinking of just using a Vibrant SS resonator.. (I have one as part of the exhaust system on my street car, but not sure if that would be enough as a muffler for the race car). I do want something in stainless steel, and it has to be low profile that will meet sound requirements. This is a 1600 4age motor..

TIA..

quadzjr
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
We are running hushmaster.. They are a bit on the expensive side.. but they are very compact and are better than a typical glass pack.

chuck baader
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
NASCAR boom tube out the right side...no muffler/resonator, etc. Chuck

dick elliott
12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
I've tryed them all and the Morso spiral muffler works the best and its cheap. What more could you ask for?

Chip42
12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
wouldn't follow chuck's open and out advise as the 4A-GE is louder than hell for some reason. the hushmasters are good, but you may need 2.

Spinnetti
12-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the opinions....

I ran my supertrapp open, and it was fine, but one year the packing failed and I indeed didn't pass sound... amazing a bit of glass made that much different.. Yeah, its pretty loud.