PDA

View Full Version : I am proud to be associated with you guys!!

pballance
12-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Recently there have been several posts by new racers, new forum users, want to be racers, people from sanactioning bodies other than SCCA, etc and this forum has quite simply been cordial, factual, and welcoming. :happy204:

That is refreshing as some of the boards I haunt "eat their young" with "use the search noob", or "go read this thread and come back later and then we will answer your question".

Now I will run and hide and learn how to use the search button before I post again, OK?:cavallo:

GBugg
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Obviously trying to cover up the true OGRE you really are, huh Paul?

:happy204::D:happy204:

gran racing
12-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Did you run out and buy a Miata Paul? :D

pballance
12-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Did you run out and buy a Spec Miata Paul? :D

Fixed that for you Dave! :)

ROFLMAO, That is a painful shot, I will buy the brew at IT Fest Dave, if I make it :rolleyes:

924Guy
12-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Group hug! LOL

ismaelae86
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
hey everybody :006: im one of the new guys on the fourm and i just wanted to thank u guys for helping me out with all my noob questions lol and i will soon start a thread on my ITS rx7 build imm start on it some time in the middle of this month :023:

raffaelli
12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Good luck with it! Post photos!

mom'sZ
12-02-2008, 06:09 PM
yeah Paul, I noticed you been hanging out in the sandbox lately. Ya gotta have some thick skin to survive in that place, ask jeff young.

jwesleyc3
12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I am a newbie too and have been receiving great help on my ITA/7 build. I would like to thank this forum a ton for the great help. I also would like to thank the fellow RX-7 racer who referred me to this great forum when I was out visiting the Pocono races on May of this year.:D

ismaelae86
12-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Good luck with it! Post photos!

thanks and will do

Xian
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
yeah Paul, I noticed you been hanging out in the sandbox lately. Ya gotta have some thick skin to survive in that place, ask jeff young.

Sounds just like the typical race paddock... ;)

JeffYoung
12-02-2008, 11:47 PM
That place settled down quite a bit once the Little Boys Club realized that all racers/autocrossers aren't white male Christian right wingers. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

pballance
12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Sandbox can be brutal, but i still retain my thick skin from my pre-retirement career (and my 9mm) :)

Chris Wire
12-03-2008, 03:11 PM
That place settled down quite a bit once the Little Boys Club realized that all racers/autocrossers aren't white male Christian right wingers. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Not all, but we're working on it !!! ;)

:D

toddgreene
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Did you run out and buy a Miata Paul? :D

OUCH!!!
I've learned the hard way, if you do buy one, not to let you guys know!!!

I whole-heartedly agree with Paul.
Seriously, this site was very helpful while building a car and continues to be.

Todd

philstireservice
12-12-2008, 07:09 PM
the good thing about teh Sandbox is you can say anything you want, right, wrong or indifferent....just like if you were standing in front of someone...well not right in front of them.....:) :024:

Very opinionated bunch to say the least....

JeffYoung
12-12-2008, 07:18 PM
It's interesting......I think that would be a good rule (and I can't take credit for this, Ron Earp came up with it). Don't say something on a board unless you would say that to the person you are talking to's face.

While I enjoy some things on the Brown Board, and most of the people on it, quite a bit of what passes for "debate" over there would fail that test I think.

Xian
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Very true... teh Sandbox covers very nearly all aspects of racing and, well, everything. I've been a little surprised at the number of folks that have found there way over to the site in little more than 2 years.