PDA

View Full Version : announcing recording??

924Guy
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey, Butch - there was mention at the driver's meeting that there was going to be an attempt, at least, to record the announcing... did that happen? Would be interested to hear what all was happening... maybe downloadable off the website?

Butch Kummer
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
The recordings were made using an old cassette recorder and Group 1 has been converted to an .mp3 file. I listened to it last night and it's fairly decent, so I sent a note to our webmaster asking about the logistics of making it/them available for downloading from the website.

Clyde Bales (aka - Papa Smurf) from our T&S team will continue to convert the recordings as time allows. The issue there is he is leaving this weekend for a month-long gig in Louisiana as Santa Claus so we'll need to work out getting the .mp3 files transmitted as they are created.

Not insurmountable problems, and I'll let everyone know when as we make progress.

924Guy
11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Kewl. :D

shwah
11-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Imagine how cool the in car footage will be with the announcer soundtrack layed over.:happy204:

TAC
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Imagine how cool the in car footage will be with the announcer soundtrack layed over.:happy204:

Well except for the whole Oh No! Schaafsma is in the WALL!!!!! At least that's what I heard at T-5.

shwah
11-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, that's only because that is where I drove my race car.:shrug:

I'll do better next time.:eclipsee_steering:

bobpink
11-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Race 1 as an mp3 has been posted to the main page of the ARRC website. Please, please, please download the file instead of playing it directly from the website. The whole bandwidth thing.

lateapex911
11-22-2008, 01:31 AM
The issue there is he is leaving this weekend for a month-long gig in Louisiana as Santa Claus ....

He's doing it wrong. Reindeers, Reindeers, REINDEERS! Turn that assignment from 1 state in a month to the world in 24 hours!

Butch Kummer
11-22-2008, 11:28 AM
As BobPink has noted above, the audio for Saturday's Group 1 race is now up on the website (www.ARRC-Online.com (http://www.ARRC-Online.com)). We will be adding others as they become available from Clyde, plus we may have to come up with other technology solutions because of bandwidth issues (I'm a mainframe guy so I don't know nuthin' from nuthin' about the bandwidth stuff).

And as BobPink also asks:

DOWNLOAD the audio - do NOT play it directly from the website!

(And yes, it IS pretty cool... :cool:)

924Guy
11-22-2008, 05:40 PM
I synched it up with my in-car and cranked it out... VERY COOL!!! Makes me feel like a pro! ;)

I may in fact re-do the highlights reel, it's that cool!

Butch Kummer
11-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Got the word today that Papa Smurf finished up copying all the tapes to disk before leaving to play with the reindeer. I will be picking them up from the Club Office next week and then we'll resolve the space problem and decide where to load them. BobPink is in Wisconsin until after Thanksgiving, so look for the remainder of the races sometime in early
December.

We're not professional grade, but I expect we'll have all nine races available (for free) before you can buy the Runoffs CDs. :D

Stay tuned...

RSTPerformance
11-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Got the word today that Papa Smurf finished up copying all the tapes to disk before leaving to play with the reindeer. I will be picking them up from the Club Office next week and then we'll resolve the space problem and decide where to load them. BobPink is in Wisconsin until after Thanksgiving, so look for the remainder of the races sometime in early
December.

We're not professional grade, but I expect we'll have all nine races available (for free) before you can buy the Runoffs CDs. :D

Stay tuned...

I have been listening to G1, and it is almoast like I am at the track!!! Although I am not hungover and trying to sleep in my car :)

Raymond "VERY COOL :023:" Blethen