PDA

View Full Version : re integra bodies

dazzlesa
11-17-2008, 09:06 PM
i have a spare 1991 integra body with a auto transmission. can it be converted to the 5 speed and what needs to be changed?

R2 Racing
11-18-2008, 02:08 AM
i have a spare 1991 integra body with a auto transmission. can it be converted to the 5 speed and what needs to be changed?
Yes, it can. I haven't done one myself, but I believe all you need is the manual tranny, tranny cable, shift linkages, and the manual pedal assembly. I think that's all, but again, I have yet to do one myself. There might be some other issues like wiring the back up switch and a gauge cluster that might not be real happy, but it should work just fine.

Maybe check on g2ic.com for a "how to" thread on it. If one exists, it'll be there.

Doc Bro
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes, it can. I haven't done one myself, but I believe all you need is the manual tranny, tranny cable, shift linkages, and the manual pedal assembly. I think that's all, but again, I have yet to do one myself. There might be some other issues like wiring the back up switch and a gauge cluster that might not be real happy, but it should work just fine.

Maybe check on g2ic.com for a "how to" thread on it. If one exists, it'll be there.

Ric,

On BMW's there is an automatic transmission computer that "talks" to the ECU. Not sure about Honda's but you may have some head scratching there.

R

R2 Racing
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Being that it's an OBD-0 car, I'd be surprised if there's anything different you'd have to do to the ECU.

Again, I'd check g2ic.com.