PDA

View Full Version : Teamdi Proit Coming To Nelson Ledges?

Robert Zecca
11-15-2008, 06:07 PM
We were approched by Scott who mangages Nelson Ledges and he asked if our series come out and be a support race to the 24 Hour Longest Day race in 09. He also asked that we pay the drivers 50% of the entry in prize money. Our series was started in 2008 as a predominately NE series with events at LRP, NJMP and Pocono. For 2009 this will expand to NHIS and the Glen.

Please visit: www.proitseries.com to see learn more about it and see our 2008 results. This series pays money and prizes. So how many people will be interested in participating if we come to Nelson Ledges. Our past events have had 37 and 38 cars and I would hope we could attract over 40 for this event. I am not sure how many of our regulars would make the trip to Nelson Ledges but I hope a good percentage would. I am hoping that we will attract many from your area. PLEASE let me know who is interested. I want to make a great showing for Scott and support his track. If you have any questions feel free to write me or call me at work at 1-800-275-4667. Thanks in adavance for your help.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com
www.proitseries.com

RSTPerformance
11-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Stephen and I have always wanted to race at Nelson, I have been several times as crew or steward but never raced... I have also wanted to do the 24hr race.... Hummmmmm. Sounds like fun all only depends on work and funds.

Raymond

dj10
11-16-2008, 11:14 AM
We were approched by Scott who mangages Nelson Ledges and he asked if our series come out and be a support race to the 24 Hour Longest Day race in 09. He also asked that we pay the drivers 50% of the entry in prize money. Our series was started in 2008 as a predominately NE series with events at LRP, NJMP and Pocono. For 2009 this will expand to NHIS and the Glen.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com (http://www.teamdi.com)
www.proitseries.com (http://www.proitseries.com)

Bob, by any chance did Scott mention any improvements to the track surface for 2009? It's a great fast track and Scott & Kerri are top of the line people but it's not the smoothest track around.

Robert Zecca
11-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Dear Dan,

I honestly do not know but I will make a call and get back to you on this. I think as racers we need to support Scott and his sister and their efforts at Nelson Ledges for the future. I hope he can have a successful Enduro and he is allowing us a inexpensive way to have a race. We can open this up to all the IT guys in this area to PROIT and hopefully the regions out their can follow our lead. I realize that you do not have the number of licensed drivers out there like you do in the NY metro area and NE but we need to pool our efforts and get people who would normally go to the Glen, Beaver Run, Grattan and Mid Ohio to support this race. I need to see more interest in order to let Scott know if we will be there or not. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
1-800-275-4667

RSTPerformance
11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Bob-

Not that I was excited but I thought that you decided to cancel the race because of a conflicting race???

Raymond "Just trying to keep up to date!" Blethen

Weasel Keeper
11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Having driven the Longest Day 08 at Nelson, I'm wondering how they can have a support race in the mix. The entire weekend is used for day practice, night practice, quals...oh yeah, and a 24 hour race. :) Don't get me wrong, I love seeing any kind of racing, but there was barely a moment at the last LD that there weren't cars on course for some part of the LD practices and race.

If you do get this to go and haven't been to Nelson before, it's become one of my favorite courses. I raced there last year twice during a double regional and then three 1.5 hour stints (night and day) for the LD. Without some track work, the track eats up a lot of cars. There's not much runoff and there are billions of tire piles for safety that like to grab your car and throw it if you go off. I lost count of how many cars rolled during the LD, and I even rolled during one of the regional races I was in. If you don't drive like a madman and keep it on course it's very fast and a lot of fun. :p

dj10
11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Dear Dan,

I honestly do not know but I will make a call and get back to you on this. I think as racers we need to support Scott and his sister and their efforts at Nelson Ledges for the future. I hope he can have a successful Enduro and he is allowing us a inexpensive way to have a race. We can open this up to all the IT guys in this area to PROIT and hopefully the regions out their can follow our lead. I realize that you do not have the number of licensed drivers out there like you do in the NY metro area and NE but we need to pool our efforts and get people who would normally go to the Glen, Beaver Run, Grattan and Mid Ohio to support this race. I need to see more interest in order to let Scott know if we will be there or not. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
1-800-275-4667

Boib,
I agree, I'll do my part on spreading the word. I've been a proponent of the ProIT Series from the get go and a support race for the 24 hour is a great idea. It's unfortunate that Nelson Ledges doesn't have a lot of money behind it. It would be fun weekend becaues of the great people like Scott & Kerri. Since this is one of my home tracks if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. FYI, Nelson's does pull a few people from the Glen Region to these races and we might get some people from the DC Region as well. What about a ProIT @ Watkins Glen?

RedMisted
11-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd definitely do the Pro IT race. The reason why the series should fit into the weekend schedule is because the track may be looking at having a shorter enduro as opposed to a full-out 24 hour race.