PDA

View Full Version : ITB - what a bunch of crap

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Ed Funk
12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
:eek:Oh no, the thread from hell is alive!!:o

Gary L
12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
:eek:Oh no, the thread from hell is alive!!:oAnd I'm glad. I want to hear more about the junkyard-shortblock, ill-handling, spank-your-ass-at-Road Atlanta ITB Audi's that are unquestionably too heavy. :)

R2 Racing
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I do feel that other cars with less front end weight should probably handle a bit better but I do not have this personal experience to claim this as true or not. (I have 830ish pounds on both front wheels and 420 pounds on each of the rears.) with a large wheelbase.
Stephen, I hate to tell you this, but my Integra corner weighs right around 870/430, and on a wheelbase longer than yours. I think it does alright.:shrug:

StephenB
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks kevin, I did not know that and it certainly is interesting. I think one thing that is still different is the location of the weight over the front wheels. My weight is all located in front of the front wheels where yours is located over the front wheels. (different placement of the engine which is the majority of the weight) Do you think this has any negative affects on the balance of a car aka handling ?
Thanks again for your response.
Stephen

StephenB
12-11-2008, 01:28 PM
And I'm glad. I want to hear more about the junkyard-shortblock, ill-handling, spank-your-ass-at-Road Atlanta ITB Audi's that are unquestionably too heavy. :)

I wish they were spank-your-ass-at-Road Atlanta ITB Audi's but they simply are not. Did we qualify pole and off pole yup... but that was one lap. I don't remember but I think I was drafting a golf back then that may have helped. look at the time sheets and you will see they are a few seconds slower than the develeped cars that are running now. Even the volvos back then ran faster just not that particular weekend. :shrug:

Do you really want to learn more or was this just a jr. high coment on the playground?

Stephen

gran racing
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Stephen, It's awefully hard to compare the lap times from when you guys were there compared to now with the repave and other factors. That track does seem like a place that would suit the Audi well with the hills and torque of your cars. Any interest in making the trip next year? Then or the next year I've got to go back down there.

Gary L
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Do you really want to learn more or was this just a jr. high coment on the playground?

StephenJust yankin' your chain, Stephen... didn't you see the smiley?

OTOH, I would dearly love to see the a dyno run for one of those 110 hp (cough, cough) 5-bangers that was even a half-serious IT build. My money says this is an engine that belongs in the 35% club. Or more.