PDA

View Full Version : RX7 Wiring Harness and Injectors dont fi??

AS-RACER
11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
We are currently rebuilding my 2nd Gen Rx7 that I wrecked last year and putting everything in a new car. The problem is my wiring harness wont fit the injectors from the old car. on the wiring harness in the new car it is a 88 and the piece that snaps in goes on the side. On all the injectors that I have the piece that snaps in is on the center of the injector. Do I need to replace the whole wiring harness or can I just file down the part on the injector? The engine is a 89.

C. Ludwig
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
You'll need to match the injectors to the harness and ECU. The engine doesn't matter. The injectors that came with the harness will swap into the new car as well. You can't simply "make them fit" as there is an impedance difference between the injectors.

seckerich
11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
If you are keeping the car harness in the 88 you will need to swap the entire motor harness and change back to 86-88 injectors. Motor will work great but you have the electronic oil metering pump and no way to hook it up. Take the time to swap out the car harness if you can. Otherwise you need a different computer. Alternator hookup is different also. The 86-88 electronics stock have a hard time delivering enough fuel at high RPM. The 89-91 is actually too rich up top. If you decide to use the early setup add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. PM me if you want some extra information. Too much to list.