PDA

View Full Version : Sunbelt Cylinder Head Service

iambhooper
11-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I need a link or contact information for Sunbelt. I would like to talk with them about head work and have not been able to find them on google.

thanks!
hoop

Greg Amy
11-09-2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.kssmotorsports.com/index_sunbelt.aspx

(http://www.kssmotorsports.com)

iambhooper
11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks!

Now, where can I find about $1500 for the service? :D

bamfp
11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
As a past Sunbelt employee that price is not shocking. Basically they do not want to do it but if you pay the price they will. I have someone that worked there with me that is now on his own. Same quality if not better for much less.

Blake Meredith

planet6racing
11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Miata only, or will you do other heads? What capabilities do you have?

Xian
11-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I think Blake's probably worked on damn near every type of engine in existence... the guy's got some serious engine skills!!

Christian

JeffYoung
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Rover V8?

Xian
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't know about the Rover but I wouldn't be suprised. Blake's the guy on RRAX who was building a tube frame 914 "from scratch". He's currently building an ITC 914 and has raced Prod Honda's in the past. He's got a strong engine/tranny history having worked for several of the "big" names in Atlanta. I've had him do tranny work for me and have never had any issues whatsoever :cool:

JeffYoung
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
That's invaluable experience right there....

seckerich
11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Blake does good work. He has installed plenty of the diffs we build for customers with no problems. Excellent work on a friends Honda as well.

iambhooper
11-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I believe Blake has mail! :D As for Sunbelt, I just want the best work at the best price that I can afford. I have no desire to go over budget at a lowly IT car. I threw the $ amount out there more as a guess... not as exacting as the price for a 4.9 FD from Houseman. A part that is priced out of my budget and unfortunatly will not be a part of my winter rebuild.

flaboy
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
I would call David Boles at Atlantic Autoworks a call..he does alot of head work and will get you the most legal hp possiable.He does alot of prodwork and i.t. work on VW but knows his way aroung all heads...I believe he did the head work on the Keane brothers honda's.

Tim

mattbatson4570
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I would call David Boles at Atlantic Autoworks a call..he does alot of head work and will get you the most legal hp possiable.He does alot of prodwork and i.t. work on VW but knows his way aroung all heads...I believe he did the head work on the Keane brothers honda's.

Tim

those keane cars are FAST.

I'm in the same boat. Dont want to spend my kids college money just for bragging rights (maybe if I was roundy rounding and could possibly get that money back).
Not too mention we have seen nothing yet with the economy, as 2009 will be way worse than 08...trust me.

So, for now, I'm content where I am and just feel lucky to get out to the track a few times a year.