PDA

View Full Version : Best front strut bar 2nd Gen?

mbuskuhl
11-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I had my suspension all apart and ended up selling my RB front strut bar for no particular good reason.

I was going to get the AWR strut bar now then realized Mazdaspeed had one but can't find a picture of it?

Is the AWR one the best out there or? I don't like the way it's promoted " Adjustable tubular steel bar. Needed for cars that have been hit and might not be straight. Recommended for SCCA 'IT' class."

Note, not an ITS car any longer so more or less options are open.

Chris Wire
11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Mark,

I'm running the ISC Racing camber plates, so they have a mounting provision for a straight bar with heims on each end. Heims are cheap, and most circle track vendors can sell you a steel or aluminum tube in the length you need to make it work.

Pic isn't great, but you get the idea.

mbuskuhl
11-07-2008, 05:30 PM
I was going to get the AWR strut bar now then realized Mazdaspeed had one but can't find a picture of it?

I talked to Mazdaspeed, they sell the Corksport bar, they don't really have their own.

Thanks Chris, that looks good but I don't have the ISC plates. Mine are from Mazdaspeed (actually whichever company the KT designation refers to in their part number).

I'm just going to go with AWR, looks to be a good setup.