PDA

View Full Version : News Updates ??

m glassburner
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
As usual those of us who did'nt/could'nt go want updates....thanx guys !! oh ....and have a safe fast one:eclipsee_steering:

924Guy
11-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Practice completed... we're still in one piece... They were doing a rear main on Peter Keane's Honda last night when we left the track... Ruck put his Teg into the wall near 5, but I didn't get the details... seemed like it was probably pixable, just not as pretty - RHS hit pretty even, looked like. That's about all the significant stuff I'm aware of... lots of people making it to the track later than desired, missing out on practice time...

Rain expected this afternoon... ;)

RacerBill
11-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Vaughn

924Guy
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Talked to Ruck today - seems like the car's OK, he was running 6th in class, and everything seemed straight...

We're doing OK... Q1 had Schaafsma, me, then the Keanes, but Keith Wilbanks, a local guy I've not run with before, got his car sorted in Q2 and jumped up to the pole, bumping us all down a notch...

Other Quali results are all up on mylaps...

bamfp
11-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Mylaps http://mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=374033

Greg Amy
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Courtesy Scott Giles on RoadaceAutoX.com:

ITB
1. D. Keane (Honda Accord)
2. Stehly (VW GTI)
3. V. Scott (Porsche 924)

ITC
1. C. Reynolds (VW Scirocco) FINALLY!
2. V. Silegren (Honda CRX)
3. W. Perry (Honda CRX)

Provisional. In Impound now.

RSTPerformance
11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Where was Beran, Derek & Rob, Trever and/or Kirk??? Not sure how the race was but somehow we need to get all the top dogs together. Looking at the times it looks like we could have a huge (15+) "top dog" field in ITB....

Greg Amy
11-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Courtesy Christian:

ITA
Joe Moser
Ruck
Lyman
AJ
Baader
Stretch
Phee
Ginsberg
Lucas

- Tussle between Hoppe and Moser Sr L1, T3. Both parked it.
- Paper tossed at Moser for cold air intake.

Developing...

Knestis
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Where was Beran, Derek & Rob, Trever and/or Kirk??? Not sure how the race was but somehow we need to get all the top dogs together. Looking at the times it looks like we could have a huge (15+) "top dog" field in ITB....

Kirk was at home working on house stuff. Spent his ARRC budget fixing the car after two big whacks. Based on my RAtl visit earlier this year, I wouldn't have been a threat to the front-runners.

Wilbanks was really fast when I was there. I'm interested how he finished.

K

Knestis
11-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Courtesy Scott Giles on RoadaceAutoX.com:

ITB
1. D. Keane (Honda Accord)
2. Stehly (VW GTI)
3. V. Scott (Porsche 924)

ITC
1. C. Reynolds (VW Scirocco) FINALLY!
2. V. Silegren (Honda CRX)
3. W. Perry (Honda CRX)

Provisional. In Impound now.

By the way, I think I picked Deuce for the win, didn't I ...?? :smilie_pokal:

K

spdmonkey
11-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Courtesy Christian:

ITA
Joe Moser
Ruck
Lyman
AJ
Baader
Stretch
Phee
Ginsberg
Lucas

- Tussle between Hoppe and Moser Sr L1, T3. Both parked it.
- Paper tossed at Moser for cold air intake.

Developing...

Very interesting. keep us posted....

db

faketree
11-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Here is a link to the turn 3 carnage on lap 1 from my car.

http://www.vimeo.com/2189339 http://www.roadraceautox.com/images/smilies/eek.gif http://www.roadraceautox.com/images/smilies/eek.gif http://www.roadraceautox.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

ddewhurst
11-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Great drive through. GOOD job.:happy204:

Greg Amy
11-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Update: Joe and Bob Moser tossed for illegal cold air intakes (the question we've been debating for some time now). Don't know if they plan to appeal.

That makes Kevin Ruck your ITA ARRC champion!

IPRESS
11-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Willie, those boys from up north were playing rough this weekend. My race went 5 laps before he got my RR wheel in 10B. No pass was low % this weekend. I felt lucky with no sheetmetal damage. Talked afterwards and all is forgiven.
This did remind me of my old SM days!:eek:

924Guy
11-08-2008, 10:48 PM

LOL... we WERE there. Deuce is lucky that we took heavy damage from a t-bone from Sam Moore's Volvo on lap 3, as we were coming for him - mind you, we did out-qual him - but the massive aero hit, not to mention some engine damage, prevented us from closing to battle w/ him.

Things will be different at Mid-Ohio... once I make that appointment with the frame guy!

Just wait till you see the photos from Winner's Circle!

Had a great race with Aaron, though... just bummed it wasn't with Deuce, like it should've been!

RSTPerformance
11-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Update: Joe and Bob Moser tossed for illegal cold air intakes (the question we've been debating for some time now). Don't know if they plan to appeal.

any pictures??? I am very curious on what was found illegal... seems like it would be an interpretation that the stewards didn't agree with as the rules IMO are very open to anything you want to do as long as it stays in the engine compartment...

Raymond

RSTPerformance
11-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Vaughn, that sucks... Those Volvos are big!!!

trhoppe
11-09-2008, 12:34 AM
any pictures??? I am very curious on what was found illegal... seems like it would be an interpretation that the stewards didn't agree with as the rules IMO are very open to anything you want to do as long as it stays in the engine compartment...

Raymond
Theirs were not in the engine compartment as they were drawing cold air from the fender well, with an intake tube that went down into it.

-Tom

924Guy
11-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Congrats also to Aaron Stehley and Kevin Ruck for winning the ITTC for ITB and ITA, respectively (IIRC)! Also to Chris Schaafmsa for taking 2nd in the ITB ITTC!

I woulda been 3rd, 'cept I never got around to running a Divisional race... :(

Greg Amy
11-09-2008, 10:02 AM
any pictures??? I am very curious on what was found illegal...
Dude, you gotta step out from under that rock once in a while... ;) This is an issue that's been beaten to DEATH over the last few years. It's only now that someone has decided to toss paper at it to resolve it once and for all.

Here's some links for you to read to get up to speed:

IT Fest Discussion
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=19282

Pre-discussion on the issue before we submitted a GCR 8.1.4 Request
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=19470

The Submission (with photos)
http://www.project-seven.goof.com/cai.pdf

This request, unfortunately, was not resolved prior to the ARRC, thus the protest. I expect (hope, actually) that the Mosers appeal, thus forcing a final, definitive decision from Topeka on the issue. Just because the Atlanta Region (IMO correctly) decided it was illegal, does not make it binding nationwide.

And, can we PLEASE not debate this issue again? At least, not in this ARRC thread; if you want to debate it, please start another topic in rules and Regs or you can just re-open one of the other exhaustive threads...

GA

rabbidmk1
11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Congrats also to Aaron Stehley and Kevin Ruck for winning the ITTC for ITB and ITA, respectively (IIRC)! Also to Chris Schaafmsa for taking 2nd in the ITB ITTC!

I woulda been 3rd, 'cept I never got around to running a Divisional race... :(

Thanks Vaughn! I had a blast racing with you, it felt really good that I could run with one of the top dogs like yourself!!! good luck on getting the car back together!

This season has been an amazing one for me, and I would like to thank Steve Hendricks and Tom Daly from Westside VW, because of their generosity and help, the helped make my ARRC dream and ITTC dreams come true. :smilie_pokal:

I look forward to next year and the ITTC races!

Knestis
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Well done, Aaron!

K

ssc25
11-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I heard the ITC scirocco got DQ. Anybody the story there?

Miata49
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I heard the ITC scirocco got DQ. Anybody the story there?

I heard it have machine marks more than 1 inch in the intake opening in the head.

Beran
11-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Sounds like it was a fun weekend.... Except for the 924... hope its an easy fix.

Any track records broken this year?
Beran

924Guy
11-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Naw, you're safe for another year, Beran... ;)

Looks like the cage did help on keeping my car straight... bottom of the a-pillar (passenger side) appears to be tucked in maybe an inch. Still, drove it to the podium, then onto the trailer, then into the garage! Well, after I shoveled all the snow off it... :(

Will have plenty of good video and pics, I'm sure, once we sort through it all...

My condolences also to Sam Moore, who hit me - not sure exactly how it went down, but he really took the short end of the stick, coming in on a flatbed... should've had a top 5 finish instead.

Great drive by Aaron to keep the pressure on... Deuce had an easy DE session out of it, with Schaafsma and me out of the equation... won't be so easy next year! ;)

jmark
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry I missed the races Sat. I was looking forward to shooting pics. Family obligations got in the way. Looks like there were some real close battles in ITS.

924Guy
11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Aaron - you need to update your sig, 2008 ITTC winner!!!

I'd like to extend some thanks, too - To my All-Greg crew, crew chief Gregg Grooters and crew Greg Luckinbill, my wife Merritt, sponsors 4M Industries and Munk's Motors... but also once again to Gregg Baker and ISAAC for keeping my head on straight again! I watched the video again, looked at the data of the hit, and am really amazed how hard a hit both me and the car took, yet kept running.

With a day to put between me and that hit, I have to admit I'm still a little off my usual pace, not feeling 100% - no strain or pain on the neck or back, but the brain seems just a little woozy! I'm sure glad SCCA still allows me to wear my ISAAC - I don't think my HANS would've done much for me in that hit... I have NO reservations linking this chart from isaacdirect.com:
http://www.isaacdirect.com/images/TestGraphs/Chart10.GIF

shwah
11-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Man what a great weekend.

First qualifying was interesting with a broken rear brake line, and a carpet level pedal, but the trans breaking is what kept me out of Q2.

The race was a blast for the first 4 or 5 laps. It felt awesome to get up the hill with a few car lengths clear of everyone, and then get a great exit off 7. It felt less great to have Duece get around me before the braking zone in 10. He led that first lap and every other with a great drive. Peter got around me when I came down the hill next to Deuce, didn't get it done and left my straight speed up on the hill with the correct line. I finally worked my way back around Peter and promptly spun the car in 3 trying to take just a little more of the curbing (really missing those Q2 laps now). Got into the wet grass and the tires on driver right.

Circulated thereafter with 1" toe out, and finished 5th. I'm pretty dissappointed with myself, because if I had just relaxed and used the same line, I had a great shot at the ITTC. Congratulations to Deuce and Aaron on their accomplishments, and congratulations to Vaughan for the spin/wreck/podium performance. You guys are a blast to race with.

I came home with lots of motivation, but also lots of work to do. The RR got bent badly with 50min to go on Sunday when the black rabbit came out of the pits, went up the hill, and tried to move left to set up for 3 after Chuck was 2/3 past him. 30 deg of toe out indicates something might be bent :)

See you at IT Fest!

gran racing
11-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Chris, that's a hell of a drive especially since you missed Q2 AND it was your first time at the track. Nice job!

shwah
11-11-2008, 09:59 AM
I left out a huge part now that I re-read. Vaughan passed me on the back straight on the same lap that Peter did. I hounded him for a few laps and dove under him in 7. My LR and his RF bumper touched as I tracked out. He got off in the dirt and got loose, coming across in front of Sam in the Volvo. A large hit ensued, spinning Vaughan and sending Sam into the concrete. Vaughan did a fantastic job of keeping his head and staying in the race, and it shows with his podium finish.

924Guy
11-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Cheers!

I still have no idea why the car turned on me after we touched... I was clearly driving back on, in the video, then it just hooks a hard right... later in the race I ran wide there on my own accord, as we all have on occasion, and it was zero drama rolling right back on track...

shwah
11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
I see the same thing in the rear mirror of my video. I'll watch it again and see if I see any answers...