PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Entrants!! New Driver's Suit Rules!!!

Greg Amy
11-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I wanted to blast out to everyone, in a separate thread, that there is a new driver's suit rule, effective 11/1/08. It is as below.

I don't know what Atlanta Region may do about this; if they only ask you to bring your helmet they may not catch it, but in the past they've asked to see your entire suit. But, if you do not have a suit that meets the new rules, you will probably be barred from competition!!

Good luck to all!! - Greg

Driving suits that effectively cover the body from the neck to the ankles and wrists. One piece suits are highly recommended. All suits shall bear an SFI 3.2A/1 or higher certification label or FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 homologation label. Underwear of fire resistant material shall be used, but is optional with suits carrying an FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 label or SFI 3-2A/5 or higher (e.g.,/10, /15, /20) certification label.Examples of each of the labels or patches are shown below. These are not the only forms, but are typical of what compliant suits should display. (In the case of the FIA 1986 Standard, the national member of the FIA will vary depending on the country of origin – the examples include one from ACCUS, for the US, and two from CSAI, for Italy.)

dominojd
11-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Really nice Greg you just alerted all the ATL region officials.:shrug:

I wanted to blast out to everyone, in a separate thread, that there is a new driver's suit rule, effective 11/1/08. It is as below.

I don't know what Atlanta Region may do about this; if they only ask you to bring your helmet they may not catch it, but in the past they've asked to see your entire suit. But, if you do not have a suit that meets the new rules, you will probably be barred from competition!!

Good luck to all!! - Greg

Driving suits that effectively cover the body from the neck to the ankles and wrists. One piece suits are highly recommended. All suits shall bear an SFI 3.2A/1 or higher certification label or FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 homologation label. Underwear of fire resistant material shall be used, but is optional with suits carrying an FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 label or SFI 3-2A/5 or higher (e.g.,/10, /15, /20) certification label.
Examples of each of the labels or patches are shown below. These are not the only forms, but are typical of what compliant suits should display. (In the case of the FIA 1986 Standard, the national member of the FIA will vary depending on the country of origin – the examples include one from ACCUS, for the US, and two from CSAI, for Italy.)

Greg Amy
11-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Really nice Greg you just alerted all the ATL region officials.:shrug:
Where do you think I got the alert FROM d**b-*ss...? I'm a licensed tech inspector, remember...? :)

Streetwise guy
11-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Come on Greg, its WAYYY better to tow several hours to the track hoping the safety people at the race track you are going to are too stupid to have read the rule book.

dominojd
11-07-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm a licensed tech inspector, remember...? :)

Yeah I remember, don't know how that happened though. :D