PDA

View Full Version : Time to go!!!

924Guy
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok boys'n'girls - time to put down the keyboards and wrenches, get packed, and start the tow!!! :eclipsee_steering:

Not looking forward to the 12-hr tow, but the rest of the weekend's gonna be fun! Looks like the weather's even gonna be half-decent... :D

R2 Racing
11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok boys'n'girls - time to put down the keyboards and wrenches, get packed, and start the tow!!! :eclipsee_steering:

Not looking forward to the 12-hr tow, but the rest of the weekend's gonna be fun! Looks like the weather's even gonna be half-decent... :D
I know your drive's a little longer than mine, but the drive really isn't too bad. Every couple of hours you go through a big city, so that helps it not be so boring. The worst part for me though is when you get to Knoxville. I get there in about 5.5-6 hours from CBus, and you think "Hey, I'm already in the south! I gotta be close now!" Well, yeah, you actually are. Straight line distance, you're less than 200 miles from Road Atlanta at that time. Unfortunately, there's a damn mountain range in the way and you're going around. Four hours later, you arrive. But really, it's not that bad - and the weather looks awesome for the drive down tomorrow!:cool:

shwah
11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm hitting the road tonight, going to StL to pick up Chuck and finish the last details on the car, and hitting the road for RA on Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

BTW - did I miss whether there is a beer pool?

chuck baader
11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Steve and I are pulling out tomorrow AM. The tow is not bad, its Atlanta...trip can take anywhere from 3.5 hours to 6.5, depending on traffic. See y'all there..Chcuk

924Guy
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
BTW - did I miss whether there is a beer pool?

Is it a race weekend??? Does a bear poop in the woods??? :rolleyes:

We'll be bringing a selection of Michigan's finest...

I see Aaron will be joining us too? Kewl! :eclipsee_steering:

rabbidmk1
11-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah I am joining everyone because I was able to get a new (and very awesome might I add) sponsor to ship my car down there!!!! :D My car is actually a few miles away from the track as we speak and I fly out on Thursday morning! I cant wait for the weekend, it is going to be a blast.

Good luck to all on your tow down to ATL!!!

Aaron

shwah
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I'll grab some Goose Island before I hit the road tonight.:birra:
(not not to drink on the way - to share in the beer pool!)

IPRESS
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
We left MotorSport Ranch in the fine metropolis of Cresson TX this morning and just crossed the MISSISSIPPI River at Vicksburg. Forgot the Shiner Bock, but stopped at the state line and bought a case for trading with the savages from other lands!

R2 Racing
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
The weather looks great today for some Columbus to Atlanta towing. Excellent! See you guys there.

RacerBill
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
You guys are really making me jealous! Wish I was going to be on the road to GA with you. But the crew chief has me working on some other projects at this time. And if the crew chief is unhappy, everyone's unhappy!

Seriously, I have one or two winter projects on the board that I hope will make a big difference for 2009. After racing at two IT*Spectaculars, I would love to try road Atlanta with you guys. 2009 is an outside possibility.....

Take care on the road, have some great races, and have a great time. Can't wait to see some of the video.

924Guy
11-05-2008, 03:44 PM
This sucks... dumptruck blew a tire and flipped a bit ahead of us, some dude bailed offroad, went up and over the embankment, blew up, died in the wreck... I75 closed hard, been parked here for an hour... and apparently the dump truck was carrying a load of asphalt, so they can't even clear it...

I knew we were screwed when the Coroner's truck passed us...

So we're still not even halfway, parked on the side of 75 north of Lexington, don't think we're gonna get too much practice tomorrow!

cfullgraf
11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
The worst part for me though is when you get to Knoxville. :

Isn't Knoxville traffic grand? By the time they build a by-pass around K'ville it will be long obsolete. And you cannot get to Road Atlanta from there without going to Timbucktoo first.

You can bypass K'ville and save time by going though Oak Ridge but it is probably less than trailer friendly if you are not familiar with the short cut. Try it some time when you pass through without the trailer.

Wave when you pass mile marker 70 on I-75, I might see you from the house.

We're hitting the road on Thursday AM hopefully in time to miss Hotlanta traffic.

Good luck to all

Scott Nutter
11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Leaving in the AM tomorrow! Car's been sitting on the trailer for a week and a half in Charlotte behind the motor home in a KOA. Finished up work today so with current fuel prices (and @ $.58 a mile from OH to NC and back from my sponsor) I got my tow for free! I only have 200 miles or so to go, the Sunday drive back to Ohio is gonna suck though.

See you all there.