PDA

View Full Version : Date for 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular set

TAC
11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
To all,

Mark your calendars! July 31st- Aug 2nd , 2009 is the date at Mid Ohio for the 3rd annual I.T.SPECtacular.

Todd:happy204:

Dave Burchfield
11-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!

RacerBill
11-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Will be there come hell or high water!!!!!!

Weasel Keeper
11-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Is this for any IT car and where can I find more information about it? Sounds fun to just drive with other IT cars and I'd love to drive Mid Ohio. :)

Eagle7
11-02-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.cincyscca.org/

TAC
11-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Is this for any IT car and where can I find more information about it? Sounds fun to just drive with other IT cars and I'd love to drive Mid Ohio. :)

Yes, all I.T. classes are invited. What do you run?

RacerBill
11-03-2008, 12:07 AM
First, there is the PDX on Friday. Don't know if there will the the Mid-Ohio School in 2009.

Then there is the race weekend. Think 1 qualifying session and three races! What were the races last year, 21 laps for the afternoon races, IIRR.

Todd, are we going to run the Pro course this year?

Weasel Keeper, we usually post our names, so we know who we all are.

Seriously, this event is one of the two major IT events in the country. Lots of fun.

Weasel Keeper
11-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the info!

I tried to get a signature with my name and car but I guess it didn't take. I doubt anyone knows me because 2008 was my rookie season. I did my school at Blackhawk Farms in April, ran an hour enduro at ORP (Indy Raceway Park) in July, ran a double regional at Nelson late July (rolled on Sunday...heh), and drove three 1.5 hour stints during the Longest Day At Nelson (24 hour race at Nelson Ledges Ohio) in August (finished 7th overall). I'm a mid pack driver so far, but still learning. :shrug:

I drive my buddy's (Chad Murfin's) 95 ITA ACR Dodge Neon (he has two, and he usually drives the other). This Neon was part of the Neon Celebrity Challenge in the late 90s, then ran SSB for a few years, and is now an ITA car. It's crazy fun to drive, and usually fairly competitive (will be more competitive when I grow a couple. :) ).

I've worked a corner at Mid Ohio in 2007, and went to the ALMS/IRP race there in 07...I'd absolutely love to drive there...if for nothing else but the experience.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Weasel_Keeper/SnotRocket3.jpg

Jay "Rollo" Jenkins
#72 ITA Dodge Neon "Snot Rocket"
Murfin Racing

**oh, now the signature works...DOH! **

Eagle7
11-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the info!
I drive my buddy's (Chad Murfin's) 95 ITA ACR Dodge Neon (he has two, and he usually drives the other).
Chad was my instructor at my first driver's school at Gingerman (been a few years now).

RacerBill
11-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Jay. Welcome to the maddness!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you at Mid-Ohio next year. Ft. Wayne to Lexington does not seem like too bad a tow. No interstates - is that good or bad?

Streetwise guy
11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Saskatoon to Ohio is 1600 miles. Thats only 3 times farther than I normally have to tow.....:eclipsee_steering:

shwah
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Jay. We were there at BHF in April as well. I was in the white VW. There were some entertaining moments in that race. Glad to hear that it sounds like your first season was a success.

Weasel Keeper
11-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Jay. Welcome to the maddness!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you at Mid-Ohio next year. Ft. Wayne to Lexington does not seem like too bad a tow. No interstates - is that good or bad?

Hehe...you said "tow". :happy204:

Chad and I still drive to the tracks and usually camp for the weekend. Both cars are so loaded there's just enough room for the driver. Lexington isn't too bad at all now. Ohio FINALLY has 30 four laned all the way to 71 from Ft Wayne. Not a bad 2.5 to 3 hour drive. Might be tough to do Road Atlanta though...heh.

Shwah, I think I remember the white VW. That was a fun weekend at BHF!

Marty, I think Chad may have mentioned you before. Your name seems familiar. He's been great giving me instruction, and I was even running right with him by the time we ran Nelson in late July...he was asking me what I was doing to get faster than him in a couple areas. ;) He wasn't my instructor at the school though. He was my crew chief. :)

dominojd
11-03-2008, 06:45 PM
To all,

Mark your calendars! July 31st- Aug 2nd , 2009 is the date at Mid Ohio for the 3rd annual I.T.SPECtacular.

Todd:happy204:

Great Todd now I have to wait 9 months until IT fest. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Rabbit07
11-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Great Todd now I have to wait 9 months until IT fest. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

And this time Joe, I am bringing a spare engine. There is no way I am going to let a Nissan clame First non-honda again!!! :)

TAC
11-03-2008, 10:24 PM

Two words of enticement Joe. " Pro Straight".

Rabbit07
11-03-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah baby!

TAC
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
All this talk from Neon drivers has me to consider Spec Neon for 2009. :D

dominojd
11-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Two words of enticement Joe. " Pro Straight".

Now where talkin. :D

dominojd
11-04-2008, 05:58 PM
And this time Joe, I am bringing a spare engine. There is no way I am going to let a Nissan clame First non-honda again!!! :)

I say we go for a all non honda podium next year. :happy204:

Rabbit07
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I say we go for a all non honda podium next year. :happy204:

With a Pro striaght it could happen. My Neon can get real wide in the back part of the track..........:eclipsee_steering:

downingracing
11-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Yea - I gotta vote "BOO" for the pro course. Not real happy to hear that. (Probably won't keep me from coming, but "BOO"!) God intended Mid-Ohio to be run in the club course configuration.... (Low power Hondas don't like the pro course config. :blink: )

Racerlinn
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Yea - I gotta vote "BOO" for the pro course. Not real happy to hear that. (Probably won't keep me from coming, but "BOO"!) God intended Mid-Ohio to be run in the club course configuration.... (Low power Hondas don't like the pro course config. :blink: )

Never ran the Pro, so I look forward to trying it.
And if it gets me closer to hitting Downing in the bumper, well that's just the cherry on top......

downingracing
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Steve,

The only chance you have to hit my bumper is if I'm coming around to lap you... :o

dj10
11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
God intended Mid-Ohio to be run in the club course configuration.... (Low power Hondas don't like the pro course config. :blink: )

Your forgetting, GOD IS A PRO!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Kick that rice grinder in the ass and you'll be 2 seconds faster than on the club course.;)

downingracing
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I am a bit faster, but catching the higher HP cars is easier with the 2/3 combo there... :)

TAC
11-10-2008, 11:29 PM
To all,

I know that some of you have become concerned about the possibility of Prod cars coming to the 2009 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. I want to reassure you that we are exploring this possibility to shore up the SRF race group which many of you have noticed isn't exactly bursting at the seams. If decided upon the race group would consist of SRF, HP, EP and FP. The only other thing is that GTA has been invited and will be running in with the ground pounders. That group will consist of ITE, TCC, AS, GTA. The decision that needs to be made with this is where do we move ITR?

Todd

dj10
11-11-2008, 09:00 AM
To all,

I know that some of you have become concerned about the possibility of Prod cars coming to the 2009 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. I want to reassure you that we are exploring this possibility to shore up the SRF race group which many of you have noticed isn't exactly bursting at the seams. If decided upon the race group would consist of SRF, HP, EP and FP. The only other thing is that GTA has been invited and will be running in with the ground pounders. That group will consist of ITE, TCC, AS, GTA. The decision that needs to be made with this is where do we move ITR?

Todd

Todd,
It might help if you also post the the proposed run groups for 2009.
Dan

TAC
11-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Being November its still subject to some major changes for the non-I.T. race groups.

Major unknown factors:

1. Southbend/WMR is holding a National at Gratten two weeks before our event with a proposed Formula Car restricted regional. This could effect whether the EWC and GLC would like to return to our event depending on their schedule.

2. We are not sure of the outcome of the NASA championship move to Utah and how that will effect the NASA (Great Lakes region, a.k.a. Ohio/Indiana) activity at Mid Ohio. With the I.T.SPEC*tacular being able to accommodate many of the "big bore" classes in ITE the class may be way larger than the 6 entries we had in 2008.

3. Butch Kummer figures that the GTA class may be around 15 cars. This could certainly go higher.

So here are the options I see. Please don't take the run order or options as being set in stone. BTW, still the same format and 2 hrs of track time.

Option 1

SM, SSM
ITR,ITA,IT7
ITS,ITB,ITC
ITE,TCC,AS,GTA
SRF, PROD CLASSES
FF,CFF,CFC,FC

Option 2 ( If the formula guys opt out and GTA comes in mass)

SM,SSM
ITA,IT7,ITC
ITS,ITB
ITR,ITE,TCC,AS
SRF,PROD CLASSES
GTA

Option 3 ( If the formula guys opt out and ITE comes in mass )

SM,SSM
ITR,ITA,IT7
ITS,ITB,ITC
TCC,AS,GTA
SRF,PROD CLASSES
ITE

Option 4 ( If the formula guys opt out and a larger I.T. class commits 30 cars)

SM, SSM
TCC,AS,GTA,ITE
SRF, PROD CLASSES
*ITS, ITB, ITC
*ITA, IT7, ITR
(*ITA or ITS top 30 cars)

There are other options of course but these are the senario's that Imho, are most likely to happen. If anyone has some other "constructive" options please let me know. I am always willing to hear from you guys. Welcome to my winter months. :blink:

Todd

Greg Amy
11-11-2008, 10:22 AM
It might help if you also post the the proposed run groups for 2009.
Yeah, whomever gets stuck with Spec Miata needs time to lobby for a change...

:)
:cavallo:

On Edit: In case you missed the smilies: JUST KIDDING, TRAVIS.

Probably.

:)

shwah
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Man. Now I really need to figure out how to get my car to handle better down the straights.

JLawton
11-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Being November its still subject to some major changes for the non-I.T. race groups.

Major unknown factors:

1. Southbend/WMR is holding a National at Gratten two weeks before our event with a proposed Formula Car restricted regional. This could effect whether the EWC and GLC would like to return to our event depending on their schedule.

2. We are not sure of the outcome of the NASA championship move to Utah and how that will effect the NASA (Great Lakes region, a.k.a. Ohio/Indiana) activity at Mid Ohio. With the I.T.SPEC*tacular being able to accommodate many of the "big bore" classes in ITE the class may be way larger than the 6 entries we had in 2008.

3. Butch Kummer figures that the GTA class may be around 15 cars. This could certainly go higher.

So here are the options I see. Please don't take the run order or options as being set in stone. BTW, still the same format and 2 hrs of track time.

Option 1

SM, SSM
ITR,ITA,IT7
ITS,ITB,ITC
ITE,TCC,AS,GTA
SRF, PROD CLASSES
FF,CFF,CFC,FC

Option 2 ( If the formula guys opt out and GTA comes in mass)

SM,SSM
ITA,IT7,ITC
ITS,ITB
ITR,ITE,TCC,AS
SRF,PROD CLASSES
GTA

Option 3 ( If the formula guys opt out and ITE comes in mass )

SM,SSM
ITR,ITA,IT7
ITS,ITB,ITC
TCC,AS,GTA
SRF,PROD CLASSES
ITE

Option 4 ( If the formula guys opt out and a larger I.T. class commits 30 cars)

SM, SSM
TCC,AS,GTA,ITE
SRF, PROD CLASSES
*ITS, ITB, ITC
*ITA, IT7, ITR
(*ITA or ITS top 30 cars)

There are other options of course but these are the senario's that Imho, are most likely to happen. If anyone has some other "constructive" options please let me know. I am always willing to hear from you guys. Welcome to my winter months. :blink:

Todd

You know we all appreciate the work you do Todd!!!

My opinion. ITR and ITA is not such a great mix from the races we've had this year. I would think it would be glaring at a track like Mid O. It would probably be similar to Pocono where they kill the ITA cars down the straights and hold 'em up in the infield.

No offense to the ITR guys, and just my opinon.

924Guy
11-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Split grid DEFINITELY makes the ITB/ITS combo do-able... I think the speed disparity there works better than mixing with ITA? Or maybe not... hard to say...

I'm guessing 1 or 4 will be the most likely distributions...

dj10
11-11-2008, 11:00 AM
You know we all appreciate the work you do Todd!!!

My opinion. ITR and ITA is not such a great mix from the races we've had this year. I would think it would be glaring at a track like Mid O. It would probably be similar to Pocono where they kill the ITA cars down the straights and hold 'em up in the infield.

No offense to the ITR guys, and just my opinon.

No offence taken.:cool: I'm sure we understand your concerns and it's the same concerns that I have with regional ITE, AS....etc. A split start might help. From what I did last year, I'm hoping to be at least a full second faster than ITA & ITS. I doubt if there will be hoards of ITR cars also. Something to think about.

TAC
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I'll keep working on it. Simple math solves all problems. If 10% of the 2000 registered I.T. drivers that make up Cen-Div, GLDiv, NEDiv, SEDiv,MidDiv. were to show up it would make life easier.

Here's hoping it will happen by the 25th anniversary of I.T. in 2011.

BTW, I.T. attendance

Todd

lateapex911
11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Todd, as an aside, thanks for trekking all the way to Atlanta to flag and do the ITTC administrative and awards thing. Your devotion to things IT is appreciated!

TAC
11-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Todd, as an aside, thanks for trekking all the way to Atlanta to flag and do the ITTC administrative and awards thing. Your devotion to things IT is appreciated!

Jake,

And thank you for taking Fred Whites trophy and prize home. Remember if he doesn't claim it in 30 days its yours. :smilie_pokal: j.

Todd

dj10
11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I'll keep working on it. Simple math solves all problems. If 10% of the 2000 registered I.T. drivers that make up Cen-Div, GLDiv, NEDiv, SEDiv,MidDiv. were to show up it would make life easier.

Here's hoping it will happen by the 25th anniversary of I.T. in 2011.

BTW, I.T. attendance

Todd

21% increase:023:

TAC
11-12-2008, 07:49 AM
21% increase:023:

Yep,

Add those who had to drop out because of various issues and its probably closer to 25%. Very positive numbers.

TAC
11-25-2008, 08:03 AM
To all,

For those of you who haven't floated by the RoadRaceAutoX forums lately there has been a discussion going about adopting SEDiv./Atlanta region ITO/ITU class rules or some other 'Over"/ "Under" to allow NASA folks that want to run to do so.

Just keeping inquiring minds informed.

Todd

tom91ita
11-25-2008, 08:56 AM

DiTTO!

but, Todd, i have to ask. so when does registration open?

i want to make sure all my wrenchin is done and the body work straight.....

dj10
11-25-2008, 10:34 AM
To all,

For those of you who haven't floated by the RoadRaceAutoX forums lately there has been a discussion going about adopting SEDiv./Atlanta region ITO/ITU class rules or some other 'Over"/ "Under" to allow NASA folks that want to run to do so.

Just keeping inquiring minds informed.

Todd

Looks like production or ITE cars to me. where would they run?

TAC
11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
DiTTO!

but, Todd, i have to ask. so when does registration open?

i want to make sure all my wrenchin is done and the body work straight.....

:) Don't worry Tom, you have time. Registration won't open till June 2009.

TAC
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Looks like production or ITE cars to me. where would they run?

Things are always in flux this time of year but this is what I think things will look like if we go with an ITO, ITU .

ITA, IT7, ITC
ITS, ITB
ITR, ITE, ITU
TCC, GTA, ITO
SM, SSM
SRF/Prod or Formula cars

Butch and I are working on how things will split as far as existing classes in NASA. ITO is 2.5 Liters and up while ITU covers the rest below. Any input is appreciated.

Todd

dj10
11-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Things are always in flux this time of year but this is what I think things will look like if we go with an ITO, ITU .

ITA, IT7, ITC
ITS, ITB
ITR, ITE, ITU
TCC, GTA, ITO
SM, SSM
SRF/Prod or Formula cars

Butch and I are working on how things will split as far as existing classes in NASA. ITO is 2.5 Liters and up while ITU covers the rest below. Any input is appreciated.

Todd

Actually, that looks pretty good. As for my group ITE should run away from us while depending upon the ITU cars they will close to ITR times. TCC, GTA & ITO also looks good, at least to me.:)

TAC
11-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Actually, that looks pretty good. As for my group ITE should run away from us while depending upon the ITU cars they will close to ITR times. TCC, GTA & ITO also looks good, at least to me.:)

We are looking at all the options and making sure we don't end up with a superfast class running in ITU. I'll keep you posted. Butch and I are having daily conversations on this with a very knowledgeable source.

Stay tuned!

R2 Racing
11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Isn't the point of ITO & ITU to split ITE into two seperate classes? So why is there still an ITE?

TAC
11-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Isn't the point of ITO & ITU to split ITE into two seperate classes? So why is there still an ITE?

The SEDiv./ Atlanta Region ITO/ITU rules are class specific. So I would prefer to leave ITE in case we have something else show up like a couple of ALMS GT2 cars. Yep, I'm leaving all possibilities on the table. ALMS has a two week break between Lime Rock and Mid Ohio and we are the week before. So you never know...........:D

rlekun
11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello all! Ex-racer Larry Newcomer here...ex-Western Ohio SCCA. I sold my black IT7 (and 24' trailer) back in 2004 or 2005 to a guy whose name I can't remember. He was from the Cleveland area and I think he was thinking of converting it to an EP. I think his last name was something like Severy or something like that. Just curious what happened to my old ride. Anyone out there know?

Hoping to race again some day...I miss the racing, but not the wrench time.

[email protected]

TAC
12-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Larry,

I'll check in with some friends with the NeOhio Region and see if they know anything. They are big in the Production scene in Cleveland.

Todd

ITA_honda
02-13-2009, 10:33 AM
I CANT WAIT! this will be my second season in ITA. last year I was thinking about going but I didnt grow a pair yet to be running with a huge ITA group haha:026:

but after what i have heard about the IT fest, I will be there no matter what!

see you all in August! and yet, its only February:(

ITA_honda
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM

Mid Ohio is a heck of a track, ive gained a whole new appreciation for the place:happy204:

TAC
02-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Mid Ohio is a heck of a track, ive gained a whole new appreciation for the place:happy204:

It will be quite different in traffic. What type of ITA honda do you drive?

ITA_honda
06-18-2009, 09:27 AM
It will be quite different in traffic. What type of ITA honda do you drive?

1990 Honda Civic Si.
rockin the hatchback. lol:D

ITA_honda
06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Hello all! Ex-racer Larry Newcomer here...ex-Western Ohio SCCA. I sold my black IT7 (and 24' trailer) back in 2004 or 2005 to a guy whose name I can't remember. He was from the Cleveland area and I think he was thinking of converting it to an EP. I think his last name was something like Severy or something like that. Just curious what happened to my old ride. Anyone out there know?

Hoping to race again some day...I miss the racing, but not the wrench time.

[email protected]

Larry- I think I know who you are talking about. It was a black RX-7 and it was at the Great Lakes Division Drivers School @ nelson ledges. and they def. turned it in to an EP car...looked nothing like an IT-7!
He was an older gentleman if im not mistaken...but I dont know his name.

BTW - the car looks really good!

xr4racer
07-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Looks like ITC is moving to group 5 with ITR and STU.

matt