PDA

View Full Version : Competitive

AE86ITA
10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone:

Would like to know how competitive a 1.8L well prep ITA Miata be agaist the Hondas, Sentras, VW etc.

Is it worth investing in a Miata for it's competitiveness or is is it just plain Fun to Drive factor?

Thanks,

Efrain

Greg Amy
10-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Would like to know how competitive a 1.8L well prep ITA Miata be agaist the Hondas, Sentras, VW etc.
Must. Resist. Keyboard. Of. Death...

CRallo
10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
come on Greg, tell us what you really think... :)

DoubleXL240Z
10-22-2008, 12:10 PM
a really well prepped meotter with a really well prepped driver could win every race it ever entered... That being said anything else would result in any number of other scenarios!!:smilie_pokal:

tnord
10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
c'mon greg, say something biased and rediculous again. i'd love to hear it.

anywho......

Yes. a 1.8 Miata can be competitive at any track just like most of the cars listed. there are tracks where it is "more competitive," and if you're somewhere that needs big torque or ultimate top end speed against some top-notch competition you might be in trouble though.

<----building 1.8 ITA miata.

Greg Amy
10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
c'mon greg, say something biased and rediculous again. i'd love to hear it.
It's "ridiculous", Travis, not "rediculous".

Wreckerboy
10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
It's "ridiculous", Travis, not "rediculous".

Ah, tGA, you are not up on the hip language of the internet youth (see also "y0", as in "mad skilzzz, y0"). The language, like the times, is evolving. To bad it seems more like de-evolution (we are not men), but evolution none the less.

quadzjr
10-22-2008, 01:33 PM
I think "competitive" would be an understatement.

Doc Bro
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Hello everyone:

Is it worth investing in a Miata for it's competitiveness or is is it just plain Fun to Drive factor?

Thanks,

Efrain

Efrain,

The car can be competitive but not nearly as competitive as the Z3 I have for sale!!

R

rhygin
10-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Guess that part of the discussion involves the notion of "what is your definition of competitive?" Regardless of car or class... skill asside... speed costs money if only for fresh tires. On a very, very, very liminted budget and a very limited experience base... I think I am pretty competitive as I am pretty sure that at this stage in my development as a driver that other people might make the car a lot more "competitive" than I am able to at present.

One interesting point about racing a miata is that if you have made soem friends... it is prolly pretty easy to borrow almost any part at the track should you have a problem.

Spinnetti
10-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Efrain, you giving up on the Hachii already? Try some old fashion Honda style cheating! If enough people do it, they make it a rule!

Z3_GoCar
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Must. Resist. Keyboard. Of. Death...

How about: None of the others stand a chance because it was classed based on the lower of the two hp avalible in it's spec line. Which is contraty to the normal SOP of classing based on the higher hp avalible in the spec line. This will only last long enough that several people will decide to build one, then the weigh will be upped to it's proper place, and we'll hear moaning noises from all those who decided to build based on the current weight. Go ahead and build one, but you'd better get a MOOOOOve on:p

Or, you could buy Rob's car and anticipate another weight break where the Miata and the Z3 are within 50lbs of each other.

IPRESS
10-25-2008, 01:13 AM
Hello everyone:

Thanks,

Efrain

Sorry to tell you but you have landed on the offical Miata Haters Website.:rolleyes:
They are great little racecars everywhere but on the IT Forum!

lateapex911
10-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Efrain, the cars are stout, and can win when well prepped and well driven on almost any track. AND they are easy to drive when set up right, almost telepathic. On top of that there's a ton of aftermarket support, and Mazdaspeed is the best in IT to work with.

Too bad they're so gay...

Sigh......

Z3_GoCar
10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Sorry to tell you but you have landed on the offical Miata Haters Website.:rolleyes:
They are great little racecars everywhere but on the IT Forum!

What you don't know is how close I came to purchasing a Hartzel built '91 SM to run in ITA. Then I realized what a disadvantage the 1.6 is to the 1.8 and I found the Z3, which I wanted more.

No hate, just the facts:

1.8 Miata: classed based on the '94-'95's 128hp instead of the '96-'97's 133hp even though they're on the same spec line.