PDA

View Full Version : Who will win?

924Guy
10-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Well... is it too early to begin speculating?? :eclipsee_steering:

spnkzss
10-21-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm going to be disappointed if a certain black and orange CRX from the WDCR does not win ITA.

R2 Racing
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Always tough to say, but I'll try....

ITC - It's hard to bet against Vesa, but Chuck can seriously hustle that VW. Will Perry could easily be right there too.
ITB - Could be another Chris vs. Vaughan battle, but any of the A3's could easily join in if they show up. Are the Canadian's coming?
ITA - Who the hell knows? AJ, Moser Jr., Moser Sr.....possibly me? Throw in some more wild cards like Hoppe, Lyman, and Crazy Joe and it should be a great race as always.
ITS - Where's VanSteenburg? Where's Huffmaster? Tim Selby's always real fast in his RX-7 and got a good finish last year. Can Zsolt win in his FWD GSR? I don't know, this one's pretty open.

lateapex911
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh sure, ignore IT-7! LOL.
Anyway, Crazy Joe has blown is good motor and won't be making the trek, so he's a real longshot....

I'd toss Beran Peters name in the hat for my pick in ITB. I think he's going, but that's not confirmed.

As for ITS, didn't an RX-7 driver buy Kip's Miata right there in impound after the IT Fest? Maybe he'll show up?

KMartin
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Kevin,

No ITR prediction???

trhoppe
10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
ITA - Who the hell knows? AJ, Moser Jr., Moser Sr.....possibly me? Throw in some more wild cards like Hoppe, Lyman, and Crazy Joe and it should be a great race as always.

Yea, this one is wide open. I think depending on how luck plays its course out, I think there are 6-7 cars that can win this thing.

Since I'm new at this, and have about 1/100th the racecraft that people like Moser/Ruck/AJ have, my plan is to outqualify everyone and then just block :smilie_pokal::smilie_pokal:

ITC - Vesa
ITB - Beran if he shows up, as he won't have the Trever/Bowie combo to trip him up
ITS - The other VanSteenburg car? Does Irish Mike every make it out to the ARRC?
ITR - Ricky?

-Tom

erlrich
10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm going to be disappointed if a certain black and orange CRX from the WDCR does not win ITA.

+1. After the whoopin he put on the MARRS ITA (and most of the ITS for that matter) field this year - not to mention his runs at the IT-Fest & last year's ARRC - he has to be the odds-on favorite. If the Mosers show up it will be close, and I would bet on another all-CRX podium this year.

shwah
10-21-2008, 02:23 PM
ITB - I expect Vaughan and Beran to be the ones to beat. With the good balance and good aero and good driving - I pick the 924 as most likely to win. Of course this does not take into account the Canadians, or local talent, simply because I don't know and haven't seen them.

ITS - Tim Selby was silly fast at IT Spectacular, maybe if Rich Walke makes the trip he will factor in.

ITA - any of a half dozen, this will be the race of the weekend to watch IMO.

JeffYoung
10-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Spillman or Robertson in S.

tom_sprecher
10-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I can tell you who it won't be and that's me. :rolleyes:

JeffYoung
10-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Rick's (ITR Z3) not going to the ARRC as far as I know. Tim Selby did buy Kip's Miata also, I thought. Kip blew up his 944S at Roebling so I don't know if it is available to him. Mike VS I don't know about.

shwah
10-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I see I was confused. I thought that was Tim in the car at IT Fest since I knew afterwards that it was his, but now I do recall that it was Kip. Well, Tim is a known fast driver, and that is a known fast car, so I stick with the pick.

TAC
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear Joe may not make it. The ITTC points in ITA is tight. Still waiting for final results from several of the series but right now its.....

Nealey....41 points
Ruck.......39
Diminno..38
Downing..31

Todd

IPRESS
10-21-2008, 06:22 PM
If things go just right 9th place is attainable. But....... things have to go right!
I might have a better chance this year if I make it to grid before 1 to go!

It really wasn't so bad back at the back last year as those Honda products weren't around to put the squeeze on me going into T1.

spdmonkey
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
OK Ken I'll bite...

ITR...Ken Martin:)

db

RSTPerformance
10-21-2008, 11:06 PM
ITA - Moser Jr.
ITB - Beran
ITC - Vesa
ITS - VanSteenburg
ITR - Maynard (Is he going?)
IT7 - Jake

Raymond

R2 Racing
10-22-2008, 02:13 AM
As for ITS, didn't an RX-7 driver buy Kip's Miata right there in impound after the IT Fest? Maybe he'll show up?

Tim Selby did buy Kip's Miata also, I thought.
What?! How did I not know about this?!:o Tim already had a pretty good ITS car in his RX-7. He finished fourth last year, I believe. I saw he signed up for the ARRC but I didn't pay attention to in what car. Yup, there it is, Yellow '99 Mazda Miata.

So no Joe and no Greg in ITA this year. Is the NEDiv bringing down any ITA cars than?:shrug:

The Keane's just signed up for ITB in their Accord's.

Greg Amy
10-22-2008, 07:19 AM
So no Joe and no Greg in ITA this year. Is the NEDiv bringing down any ITA cars than?
Jake Gulick is "representin'" NEDiv this year, defending in IT-7.

The rest of are just lame (NARRC-champion Joe), or broken (waving!), or broke (Lawton), or all three...:shrug:

KMartin
10-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Dave,

No ARRC for me. Got to repair/finish the car over the winter. If I went my hope would have been for only 3 cars to show so I could hope for a podium. Looking at the times from last year that Porker S2 was crazy fast..

Ken

Fred White
10-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm still running and am going. FW

Greg Amy
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM
"Fred White"??? Who's he??? ;)

Sic 'em, Fred! I wish we could be there to egg you guys on.

Greg

RexRacer19
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
"Fred White"??? Who's he??? ;)

Sic 'em, Fred! I wish we could be there to egg you guys on.

Greg

No tGA at the ARRC...who will drink all my rum now? :rolleyes:

Greg Amy
10-22-2008, 03:31 PM
No tGA at the ARRC...who will drink all my rum now? :rolleyes:
What, you're not bringing any to the 13 Hour???

:)

Let's see if we can't get a car built and prepped for '09...

lateapex911
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
ITA - Moser Jr.
ITB - Beran
ITC - Vesa
ITS - VanSteenburg
ITR - Maynard (Is he going?)
IT7 - Jake

Raymond
Solid picks, but a couple of misses too, LOL.

I will be interested to see how Vaughn does in B, as I don't think he's run there before. I do think Beran has RA experience, (but that's a hunch), and his car handles well, and has some good straight spped, so it will be right up there. Chris S gets a nod as well.

As for S, I don't think, as was pointed out above, that kip will be able to make it. (44 blown motors don't repair themselves quickly, but hey, there's still time, and kips got the knowledge. Mike on the other hand, isn't a fan of the ARRCs, or RA, or something, from the scuttlebutt I've heard over the years, and i'd bet he will probably not attend. Sad, I like him, and he's fast, so I wish he'd go. Will this be a Z year??

But you tripped on yourself on IT-7. Thanks for the nod, but the southern boys have the class and the track wired. I'll just do my best and see where the chips fall.

R. Wow, R is wide open. Too bad Dan Jones won't be going. Ill keep my eye on the entry list.

JeffYoung
10-22-2008, 03:36 PM
In looking at the entry list in S, David Spillman in the Z car is going to be hard to beat. He knows the track, has run top 3 before there (before getting taken out by one of those Corvette things S used to have to run with), and is a great racer.

He's my pick.

ner88
10-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Looking for transport to ARRC from Boston area.

shwah
10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I do think Beran has RA experience, (but that's a hunch), and his car handles well, and has some good straight spped, so it will be right up there.

He did take the checker 1st in B last year...

Mazmarc63
10-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Is your dad Jinx still going too?:D

Keep your eye on Scott Finlay in S. The car he is driving is a rocketship.

Xian
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
He did take the checker 1st in B last year...

Only after he and Trevor got together in T12... totaled Trevor's Accord with a hard hit to the inside wall... nasty incident.

924Guy
10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Solid picks, but a couple of misses too, LOL.

I will be interested to see how Vaughn does in B, as I don't think he's run there before. I do think Beran has RA experience, (but that's a hunch), and his car handles well, and has some good straight spped, so it will be right up there. Chris S gets a nod as well. <snip>

Ahhh... sounds like you missed some stuff last year! ;)

Fred White
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Jinx will be there.

lateapex911
10-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Ahhh... sounds like you missed some stuff last year! ;)

Actually I did! I stand corrected, with apologies!

GKR_17
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Spillman or Robertson in S.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it may not be in the cards for the BMW this year. Ben is currently the only one registered in R, maybe someone else will join in? I hear a lot of the potential top contenders are out for various reasons.

I hear Williams may be in for ITS, he's always a good pick.

Grafton

jinxcrx
10-23-2008, 09:57 PM
You can bet Marc won't be there......It's not Sebring!

Mazmarc63
10-24-2008, 06:55 AM
You can bet Marc won't be there......It's not Sebring!

:p

I race at Daytona too.:rolleyes:

Maybe he would make the trip if his "old" buddy would offer him a co-drive in the enduro.

Good luck my man. Stay on the track.

tom91ita
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
i have to admit i like vaughn for ITB as well. or chris. i think german engineering will win.

and last i knew, AJ was going right? i have to go with that pick for ITA. he has raced with the mosers enough to know the strategeries they use, etc.

looking forward to watching that race! it's only the top three to impound right, i'll be free.....

924Guy
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm definitely going with another Moser, Moser, Nealey train in ITA... and looking forward to watching it! ;)

RexRacer19
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
and last i knew, AJ was going right?

Affirmative, Tom.

Andy Bettencourt
10-24-2008, 04:27 PM
ITS: Kip in his Porsche
ITA: Jr Moser
ITB: Peter Keene
ITC: Vesa

Knestis
10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
This sucks. I've been avoiding even thinking about it. Dented race cars suck. Budgets suck. Being responsible really sucks. You all suck.

There's a dark horse nobody seems to have touched on for the B race - Deuce Keane. He was at the SIC with what he described as a clone of Peter's car and, without a lot of development on it yet, he was fast, fast, fast.

I think Beran's the easy pick. Vaughn is close but if the other Keane shows - and I don't know if he has plans to - he will be right there.

ITA will be a throwdown and the winner will be decided solely on who had the best last lap. I hope it doesn't come to tears either on the track or in the shed.

You all still suck.

K

OTLimit
10-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Have to go the "other" side and bet on Peter Keane in ITB. Sorry VW guys.

philstireservice
10-26-2008, 09:34 AM
I would bet that AJ has been thinking non stop about this one....I think that he will pull out all the stops....I would expect an epic battle. The Mosers better have their game on, I know AJ will !!!

Knowing personally how competitive Peter and Deuce are......when they have their race face on it is hard to top them.....but Beran is no slouch.....another epic battle here too......and Vaughn......ahhhh very tough.

I think Kip in S and Vesa in C are a shoe in....

Andy Bettencourt
10-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Kip's Porsche is getting put back together...is Huffmaster showing up? Could be an unreal race.

IPRESS
10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
MER was getting things ready to go to VIR and then ARRC. I didn't see Huffmasters "S" car, but maybe I missed it. Or maybe it is coming down from up north. Hope he does, what a race that should be.

philstireservice
10-26-2008, 12:12 PM
ooooo that's right I forget about Huffmaster.......I'll still go with Kip though

924Guy
10-26-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd be surprised of Huffmaster surfaces - seems like they've been busy living the life of Pro racers... ;)

They didn't even make it to the IT-Fest, IIRC?

IPRESS
10-26-2008, 10:18 PM
The Pro MX5 season is over, I bet he shows.

R2 Racing
10-27-2008, 01:10 AM
I'd be surprised of Huffmaster surfaces - seems like they've been busy living the life of Pro racers... ;)

They didn't even make it to the IT-Fest, IIRC?
I never saw Rob once all season; not at a regional or a national. But he did run the Runoffs in the RX-8, so who knows? I hope he comes. Saturday night just isn't as much fun without Robbie there.:D

924Guy
10-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I never saw Rob once all season; not at a regional or a national. But he did run the Runoffs in the RX-8, so who knows? I hope he comes. Saturday night just isn't as much fun without Robbie there.:D

And the scooter!!! :happy204: