PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a new ITA driver!

pballance
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Please welcome JohnW8 to the group. He has obtained an ITA Miata and will be attending school at Roebling. Hopefully he will post in this thread and I've got to tell you, he is one heck of a driver with a lot of Time Trial and autox experience. He should fit right in with the rest of the nuts around here :D

Welcome John!

BTW: He is in Sediv and his home track will be Barber :happy204:

quadzjr
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Welcome! Even though I am a new person to the board I asure you that you will find this all a pleasureable experience.

GBugg
10-15-2008, 08:04 AM
+1 to Paul's post.

John is one heck of a driver!
Welcome John.

toddgreene
10-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Please welcome JohnW8 to the group. He has obtained an ITA Miata and will be attending school at Roebling. Hopefully he will post in this thread and I've got to tell you, he is one heck of a driver with a lot of Time Trial and autox experience. He should fit right in with the rest of the nuts around here :D

Welcome John!

BTW: He is in Sediv and his home track will be Barber :happy204:

John gets welcomed, But I get a hard time for getting a Miata???

Since John's going ITA, I better go SM to have any chance at all:lol:

Welcome!

Todd

JohnW8
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words!

I just need to get the car to the house and start getting ready for the school.

pballance
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
John gets welcomed, But I get a hard time for getting a Miata???

Since John's going ITA, I better go SM to have any chance at all:lol:

Welcome!

Todd

Nope, no hard time for you Todd. But if you would like, I can oblige :):). You talked about how much fun the Miata was when we talked at Barber. Either class, I am sure you will have fun.

We just couldn't avoid kidding you a little when you asked about the spec pinata's I really don't think it is <that> bad in SM but I have witnessed a readiness to "clear the path" by a lot of SM drivers. I still think the IT drivers are a little more sane (only slightly :))

Either way, you and Bugg need to watch out for W8.

RacerBowie
10-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words!

I just need to get the car to the house and start getting ready for the school.

Whose car did you buy?

I'm sure I'll see you at the school, I'm planning to instruct again.

tnord
10-16-2008, 07:51 AM
damnit. where did you find an ITA prepped miata to buy? i'm starting a build soon if i can't find one.

anyway, glad to have you on our side. :)

JohnW8
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
The car is currently in SM trim and I will get started prepping the car for ITA service provided I make it through the school.
I bought it from The Parts Group, a Miata used parts place in Danville Alabama. The owner/driver is Tom Neel.