PDA

View Full Version : Tornado at Roebling

NutDriverRighty
10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Just got a note from Flag Chief Art Corbitt and he states that Roebling was hit by a tornado yesterday. A fair bit of damage. One turn station gone, lots of trees gone, lots of damage from flying port-o-johns, PA system is gone, start stand damaged. Will give more details as I get them.

Scott Franklin

NutDriverRighty
10-12-2008, 10:17 PM
As promised, here is the rest of the story as e-mailed to me: :eek:

Hi, Art here,
Just wanted you to be informed about the tornado at Roebling Thursday. There were no injuries, the damages are as follows:
Part of roof on tower off
Stand across form tower ripped out of ground and destroyed
Tree down in front of Kaye & Richard's house
Many many trees damaged by wind & lifgtning
Turn 5 workstation is upside down & ruined
Potalets overturned all over
Trash cans everywhere blown by winds
Several sections of fence crushed by limbs & portalets
P.A. & base station gone beyond repair
There is more, i just don't remember at this time, but it was a mess. Kaye & Richard set about getting things cleaned up and repaired. By Friday noon, they had a lot of the mess cleaned up or it was being done. The tree trimmers had a full day's work gettind rid of broken limbs.
Just found out tower structure was damaged, may have to replace it.
We are having our final Buccaneer event Nov 1-2. I hope you can come help & support the Time Trials event. Worker incentives are the same, and with 9 turns now, we need more workers. Please let me know either yes or no, so i can keep track of workers. I just had surgery on hand so I'll be limited in what i can do, so please come help out.
Thanks,
Art