PDA

View Full Version : Pumkin Race at Nelson Ledges CLOSED already?

DaveITB1
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know why "The Great Pumpkin Affair" is already closed in the online registration? We are still 2 weeks out from the race. Or is it a paper registration only? Thanks.

Dave Austin
Team Jagermeister
ITB#1

CRallo
10-09-2008, 07:32 PM
thought that was cancelled...

TAC
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Dave,

The MVR double Regional Oct. 18th-19th at Nelson's is still on the calender. If this is what your asking about I have no idea why registration would already be closed. The final event of the season at Nelson's A.k.A. the Great Pumpkin has been canceled.

DaveITB1
10-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Ah. OK. It was the Great Pumpkin race I was talking about. Smarty is setting up at the Glen for the weekend and asked me to sign him up for the Great Pumpkin race. He has 3 under his belt for the season and needs a 4th for his national license. I'll relay the message to him. Maybe he can hop a ride in this weekend's enduro. Team Jagermeister is not attending this weekend. #4 cylinder has zero compression. :(

Thanks guys for the update on Nelson.

- dave

ITA_honda
10-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Well, first everyone thought Nelson Ledges was going to close at the end of August (after the WOR games) WNY thought of moving it to BeaveRun. But I guess due to the decrease of entries and workers, they decided to cancel it. They didnt want to loose money.

Knestis
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
It's part of the great web conspiracy to close Nelson.... :shrug:

K

TAC
10-10-2008, 05:30 PM
From what I have heard the sale is on hold. I also heard that BeaverRun is in Receivership.
And that Central Division is down to two tracks. Road America and Blackhawk Farms. Autobahn is out for 2009.