PDA

View Full Version : Clutch and such...

chewy8000
10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Any recomendations for a clutch in the new MK3 golf? Any advantage running an aftermarket unit or should I stick with the stock setup.

Dave Zaslow
10-10-2008, 06:37 AM
I am using a sachs performance clutch and pressure plate. They are $$$ but dead nuts reliable without any 'strap' issues.

Take a look here:

http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/products/motorsports/product_range_motorsports/sachs_performance/sachs_performance_catalog/sachs_performance_catalog.html

It will take a bit to poke through the brochure and catalog (separate downloads), but it is all there. I chose the sprung sintered metal clutch. Rear main seal weeping means nothing to me anymore....

Of course this is many times the cost of other performance clutches, but I don't think it will ever need to be replaced.

DZ

Knestis
10-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Dave's right about SACHS parts. We used them in the rally cars and the clutches literally outlasted the body shells.

I'm pretty happy over the short run with whatever Conover Motor Sports picked out for me, to replace the unsprung 4-puck metal monster I started with. We blame it for contributing to 5th-gear breakages we ran into last season. Get in touch with Cameron and he can tell you more, since I frankly don't remember...

KK