PDA

View Full Version : VIR -- What the Hell?

JeffYoung
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Runs groups:

Group 2: SM, SRF, ITS?????

Group 4: ITR, ITA, IT7, ITB, ITC, SRX7, SSM, SSB, SSC

That's just messed up. We get stuck in with the SRFs, which are basically open wheel cars I can't see and that I beat down the straights, and then who will take you two wide in the essess (something ITS can't do, mostly)?

This is crazy. I've sent an e-mail to Ginny.

seckerich
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Waste of time Jeff. I tried last time and they would not budge on race groups. We can watch the SRF--SM carnage from the cheap seats.:happy204:

Ron Earp
09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Last time at VIR back in the Spring they said they would reorganize with enough warning. Problem is, Ginny said they would change weeks before the event and then at the event they wouldn't budge.

About the only way to get them to change is to not show and let them know about it. I hate running with SRFs, they hate running with ITS cars, so why can't the steward understand this?

Groupings should be:

Group 2: SM, SRF, ITB, ITC, SRX7, SSM, SSB, SSC

Group 4: ITR, ITS, ITA, IT7, maybe ITB to even them out

Jeff, put me on the list of drivers who won't race with this grouping. I'll send out emails to Steve and some others.

Ron

Ron Earp
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
My bad. A split start was requested at the last race. We were told it would happen. Then on the race event weekend that was retracted.

I suppose we can go for a split start again. Who is the Steward?

Ron

Greg Amy
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Regional Grouping Rule #1: SM and SSM are never to be together, 'lest you lose a couple dozen potential additional entries... :shrug:

JeffYoung
09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
and A and SM apparently....

Steve, I hear ya. We raised this before and simply asked for a split start back in May and despite EvERY ITS driver being favor, were told no by the steward.

I know you are ok with the SRFs -- they race a lot like your car! LOL...for me, they are hard to see and do crazy stuff in the essesses that we can't do.

It's just hard for me to understand why NCR doesn't stick with the default SARRC run groups of S/A//7/R. Hacking us off from all other production based cars on non-slicks to run with SRFs and SMs is crazy.

seckerich
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Remember this is the Production Festival weekend and they get their own run group. Usually SRF runs with them. I am also running the EP car so I would get them either way. The Prod group will be very large so they have to go somewhere.

JeffYoung
09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh yes, I am aware of that.....

Don't get me wrong, it's good to see the Prod cars come out like that, but when they disrupt normal race groups at a regional weekend, I get a bit perturbed.

Remember this is the Production Festival weekend and they get their own run group. Usually SRF runs with them. I am also running the EP car so I would get them either way. The Prod group will be very large so they have to go somewhere.

Ron Earp
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Remember this is the Production Festival weekend and they get their own run group. Usually SRF runs with them.

Have any idea why SRF isn't running with them for the Goblin's Go?

R

seckerich
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Have any idea why SRF isn't running with them for the Goblin's Go?

R

They were promised their own run group if they could provide the car counts. They do and it will be a big group. Some drivers are coming from as far as California to run this race.

Ron Earp
09-30-2008, 02:29 PM
They were promised their own run group if they could provide the car counts. They do and it will be a big group. Some drivers are coming from as far as California to run this race.

Wow. Pretty cool.

Will make note of the car counts. That way we can petition a to give ITS/ITR their a run group on a National Weekend if we get the car counts. Tit for tat and all that. No, seriously, that is fair and I can see the reasoning.

I just hope they will do a split start for us IT'ers.

Ron

Marcus Miller
09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh yes, I am aware of that.....

Don't get me wrong, it's good to see the Prod cars come out like that, but when they disrupt normal race groups at a regional weekend, I get a bit perturbed.

Like the ARRC?

MM

Mike Spencer
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I have my own horror stories about running with Spec Wreckers, so "I feel your pain". But what I find astounding is that they moved ITS, and didn't move ITR along with them.

And believe me, I'm not trying to anger the "R" guys (*cough* Rickey *cough*). Could this have anything to do with the fact that the ITS lap record is faster than ITR??? :o

(just stirrin' the pot.... :rolleyes:)

Hotshoe
10-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I have my own horror stories.(*cough* Rickey *cough*) :o)

Mike,

....... Maybe you should see a Doctor about that cough ......:eek:

....... Like my edited edition? .....LOL

....... Rickey T.

Mike Spencer
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Rickey,

Remember? I promised I wouldn't tell any horror stories about you! ;-)

Still, wouldn't you rather be running with those invisible fast guys???

racer14itc
10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I can understand wanting to make the prod guys the boogeyman on this one, but if the IT guys take an honest look at the schedule the race groupings really are a function of trying to get 4 separate IT races in during one race weekend: a SARRC, 2 ECRs, and a CCPS. Dropping an ECR or a CCPS race would probably result in much better IT race groupings simply because then the SRFs could have their own race group.

When we approached the NCR board, all we asked for was ONE class to be moved out of our normal race group (SRF) for ONE race during the year so we could create an incentive for folks to come out for a special year ending event. We were granted this and there has been a 400% increase in prod cars at this event in just 4 short years. Last year we had over 50 prod cars on the false grid, making this THE biggest SCCA production car race in the country of the year. We pay for the special trophies, t-shirts, party, and raffle prizes for the participants ourselves (the prod racers). The net to the region was an increase of several thousand $$$ in entry fees for no investment on their part.

Thanks for your understanding and best of racing luck to everyone that weekend!

Mark Coffin
lesser 1/2 of the Production Car Festival committee (my wife is the better 1/2!)

JeffYoung
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Mark, I enjoy seeing the Prod cars come out and think the Prod Fest is a good thing. But you have to remember this is a regional weekend, and in my (humble) opinion regional classes should be the focus. Lopping off one IT class to run with SRF and SM to make this work.....well, I respect the decision of NCR leadership (they are all good folks) but it gives me serious pause about running the race with that group. I'm sure you understand the reasons why.

That said, I've asked for a split start for ITS cars and if we get it, I'll be fine with the situation. The problem is when this happened in May, we were told to wait to ask for teh split start on race day, and every ITS driver present did so. We were then told we had waited too long.

I have no idea why there are two ECRs and a Cup race this weekend. I agree it is a lot of racing on a two day weekend. I also don't think the appropriate solution is to take one IT group -- admittedly mine -- and stick them in with SRFs and SMs. But so it goes.

Ron Earp
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Jeff, who is the steward for the meet? I'll write a letter/email to that person informing them of the situation last May and how we (IT drivers) want to avoid that again. I'm sure the SRF folks don't want this mess either. I was around a couple racing for position in May and I'm sure I screwed them up - but I had little choice, I had a ITS car racing me for position as well and couldn't very well give up in the middle of it.

cfullgraf
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
At a nominal 1700 pounds, I'd hardly call an SRF and "open wheel car". When Sports Renault started in the 80s, we in CSR disliked running with them because they took odd lines and were built like tanks.

In any case, at the SIC, they split started the SRFs and the small IT cars. It worked pretty well. By the time I got lapped the SRFs were pretty strung out.

P.S. If you can't see an SRF coming, you aren't looking in your mirrors or watching the flags enough.

JeffYoung
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I would respectfully disagree. They are 1000 lbs lighter than most ITS cars, and under that body work they are essentially an open wheel car.

As far as "seeing them coming" -- in an S car you are running similar times to most of them, they just make speed different than you. They don't pass you and then move on, way on, as if you were in a C car doing 100 mph tops. They pass in places we don't, take lines we don't, and are impossible to see when they are on your quarter panel.

racer14itc
10-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Mark, I enjoy seeing the Prod cars come out and think the Prod Fest is a good thing. But you have to remember this is a regional weekend, and in my (humble) opinion regional classes should be the focus. Lopping off one IT class to run with SRF and SM to make this work.....well, I respect the decision of NCR leadership (they are all good folks) but it gives me serious pause about running the race with that group. I'm sure you understand the reasons why.

That said, I've asked for a split start for ITS cars and if we get it, I'll be fine with the situation. The problem is when this happened in May, we were told to wait to ask for teh split start on race day, and every ITS driver present did so. We were then told we had waited too long.

I have no idea why there are two ECRs and a Cup race this weekend. I agree it is a lot of racing on a two day weekend. I also don't think the appropriate solution is to take one IT group -- admittedly mine -- and stick them in with SRFs and SMs. But so it goes.

Hi Jeff,

Please let me know if I can help at all with getting a split start. I am friends with some of the NCR "management" and have a good relationship with most stewards, so with whatever little influence I have I'll be happy to help.

Stop by and say hi during the weekend, we'll be the ones with about a hundred people around our trailer on Sat. night (Prod Party).

Mark

#14 FP VW Scirocco

seckerich
10-06-2008, 09:02 AM

Production cars are regional as well Jeff. I can also tell you after chairing a few races this year that you should be glad those extra races are added to the weekend. Otherwise you would be paying quite as bit more for your share of track time. Work with the system and get the stewards to allow a split start. VIR is a big enough track we should all string out enough to have good racing.

JeffYoung
10-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree 100% -- split start is the way to go and solves "my" problem. The issue is making sure it happens since last time was a cluster.

Can I put you down as one of the ITS guys who wants a split start?

Thanks Steve.

Jeff

Knestis
10-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight but I've come to believe that - contrary to what we often do - it's better to mix classes that have substantially different lap times, rather than similar ones, if they are fundamentally different kinds of cars.

Jeff's point about the SRF's having similar lap times but getting there differently is a good example of why putting the spec racers with SLOWER IT cars might be better than putting them with FASTER ones. The SIC answer went as smoothly as any of those mis-matched groups I've ever seen. Of course, the SRF's are a pretty homogenous group, in terms of lap times. The ITS cars at the Festival were a very different thing, for example.

K

Hotshoe
10-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I agree 100% -- split start is the way to go and solves "my" problem. The issue is making sure it happens since last time was a cluster.

Jeff,

... Since the schedule came out so late, I had already planned on not running my ITR car because of last May. I just have a hard time running with those guys. Not that they are dangerous or anything, but, their cornering speeds are higher than mine, and they are slower in the straights. Makes it hard to get away, and stay away. Sort of like running with the SM crowd in an ITA car.

... I know that my class is not in that group but, I can speak from experience because of last May. And I am not very optimistic about a split start because of the results we got last time.

.... But maybe they will do it this time...Hope So

.... Rickey T.

Mike Spencer
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight but I've come to believe that - contrary to what we often do - it's better to mix classes that have substantially different lap times, rather than similar ones, if they are fundamentally different kinds of cars.

Jeff's point about the SRF's having similar lap times but getting there differently is a good example of why putting the spec racers with SLOWER IT cars might be better than putting them with FASTER ones. The SIC answer went as smoothly as any of those mis-matched groups I've ever seen. Of course, the SRF's are a pretty homogenous group, in terms of lap times. The ITS cars at the Festival were a very different thing, for example.

K

Kirk,

You make a very good point! Although, in my opinion there are at actually three different types of potential "problems" when I look at who I'm running with.

1) Similar times, but in different places -- When one is faster in the straights and the other in the corners, they are constantly in each others way.

2) Significantly different times -- Cars may be different in the corners, but I believe the *big* differences come down to top speed. This results in very high closing rates at the end of long straights, like T1 and T14 at VIR.

3) Different driving "styles" -- This seems to be the one that gets people riled up the most. I'm not going to point fingers or say it needs to change. We are what we are for very good reasons. There are some classes with very high subscription numbers that have spec cars. Most are very close in performance. With relatively fewer opportunities to pass and a ton of cars to try to get by or stay ahead of, you learn to take advantage of the chances you get. Other classes can afford to be more patient and may think twice before sticking their nose in somewhere.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't mix any of these groups during a weekend. Unfortunately, our world is imperfect and there aren't enough hours of daylight to do that.

The major growth in Regional racing over the last 10 years seems to have been in IT and SM. Production numbers are dwindling, but many/most of these guys and gals have been at it for a long time and have helped make our club what it is. I think it's wonderful that NC Region and VIR do this for them once every year. If that places one of the "problem" classes in with me I can deal with it. (And it doesn't in this case, but I do face this issue in ECRs and CCPS. I don't necessarily look forward to it, but I do run those races)

There are Prod drivers coming from as far away as California, and there are going to be a lot of them. Let them have their party. They earned it! :happy204:

JeffYoung
10-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Mark, thanks for the note. I've been in touch with Sara, Ginny and Glenn and they are working with us (as they always do, good folk) on the split start.

I'll stop by and have a beer with you crazy slick shod prod guys Saturday night....

Bryan88
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Wow I hate to hear that we are running with the Spec Racer Fords again.....

I'll be driving my brother's car at VIR like I did last year.....I had
to run with them then and it was a major pain.....

My problem is I haven't had a lot of seat time in the last two years so I
don't really push the car as hard as Steve does.....that REALLY causes
a problem with the Spec's because I can't get away from them and they
can't get away from me......

I pull them down the straight but then they dive bomb me thru the corners....

THIS SUCKS !!!!!

Hey Jeff I will also petition the stewarts for a separate group or a split
start ......can you email me the contacts....

[email protected]

Bryan Parrish

jmark
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Anyone know how many Z cars are running the ECR's? Might have to make a trip up.

Parrish57
10-13-2008, 12:43 PM
We will probably not run the ECR. Just he SARRC and CCPS. Hope to see you there anyway...

jmark
10-13-2008, 01:03 PM
I think Greg & his brother are running as well as Charles Perry. Not sure if they are running ECR's or SARRC.

JeffYoung
10-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Robert Mitchell and I get a shot at the ECR in Ron's Z, so one 260z there.

Steve, call me when you get a minute, I misplaced your number.

Ron Earp
10-13-2008, 08:56 PM
ITS has been moved to Group 7 for the Goblin's Go race - please help spread the word to ITS racers so that they are not caught off guard if planning for the weekend.

Ron

jmark
10-22-2008, 12:12 PM
We will probably not run the ECR. Just he SARRC and CCPS. Hope to see you there anyway...Too many Z cars not to come! Guy running the EP 240Z & Mike Unger in his sweet looking vintage 240Z in EP! Greg running with Guy in the ITS 240Z in the ECR's. Spillman running his own 240Z as well as running with Mike M. in Mikes 260Z plus Charles Perry's 280ZX in ITS. Parrish brothers 240Z, Ron Earp 260Z & Chris Plucker 280Z, Juan Delgado 280Z & Jay Miller 280Z..... Might be the biggest turnout of Z's in a while!

Parrish57
10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
It would be sooo cool to get all of the Z Cars together for a photo... Maybe Saturday after all of the racing is done?

Too many Z cars not to come! Guy running the EP 240Z & Mike Unger in his sweet looking vintage 240Z in EP! Greg running with Guy in the ITS 240Z in the ECR's. Spillman running his own 240Z as well as running with Mike M. in Mikes 260Z plus Charles Perry's 280ZX in ITS. Parrish brothers 240Z, Ron Earp 260Z & Chris Plucker 280Z, Juan Delgado 280Z & Jay Miller 280Z..... Might be the biggest turnout of Z's in a while!

Ron Earp
10-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Let's do it. Ron M. is a good photographer and will be there at the track, I bet he'd help out.

R

JeffYoung
10-24-2008, 04:10 PM
PRESS RELEASE: We will have an All ITS Triumph photo at my paddock spot Saturday at 5. Get there early, I'm expecting enough cars that parking will be a problem.

jmark
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
It would be sooo cool to get all of the Z Cars together for a photo... Maybe Saturday after all of the racing is done?I am willing to shot it Steve.

Marlboro Mafia
10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Why would you think an SRF would hit you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAu6KdjVoY

jmark
10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Took a ton of Z car shots. Let me know what you think.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1331.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1329-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1257.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1156.jpg

jmark
10-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Some more.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1389.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1234.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1217.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7348.jpg

jmark
10-28-2008, 11:21 AM
More.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7381.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7379.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1228.jpg

Parrish57
10-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Wow!!! I just saw these pix. Fantastic. It was great to see so many Zs. And Zs finished 1, 3, 4, 5, 6!

I was particularly excited to see the 280ZX of Charles Perry have such a good weekend. I suspect we'll see more of those being built?

Ron Earp
10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Wow!!! I just saw these pix. Fantastic. It was great to see so many Zs. And Zs finished 1, 3, 4, 5, 6!

Nice pictures, thanks for putting those up.

Damn - there was a spot there at #2 for me if we'd not lost the motor! :o

Nice driving fellows, good to see those Zs there!! Thanks to all you fellows for helping out on Sat night with parts/tools offers to get my 260 back on track.

Ron

quadzjr
10-30-2008, 08:32 AM
I guess the Z community picture never happened?

quadzjr
10-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Why would you think an SRF would hit you?

That is pretty sad. Where was he expecting the miata to go?

Ron Earp
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
That is pretty sad. Where was he expecting the miata to go?

From my experience with many SRFs (and being hit by one this weekend in the rear entering roller coaster) they expect you to disappear and leave the track to them. Except on the straights, and they let will allow you for drafting effect, just make sure you disappear again everywhere else.

JeffYoung
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Guy (SRF) comes from TWO cars back to divebomb BOTH cars on a short straight leading to a hard braking zone at the first or second slowest corner on the track. NICE.

By the way, those two SMs were running I think 4th and 5th while the SRF was 10ish. NICE again.

Man I wish that they had left us (ITS) in that group!

jmark
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM

I was particularly excited to see the 280ZX of Charles Perry have such a good weekend. I suspect we'll see more of those being built?Steve let me know if you want a high res CD of all your shots.

jmark
10-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Some more images from VIR.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_1399.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_6728.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7193.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7237.jpg

jmark
10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
More.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7255.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7319.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7320.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7329.jpg

jmark
10-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Few more.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7347.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/jmark240z/Goblins%202008/DSC_7314.jpg

happyjap
10-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Guys,

Now you know what the rest of us (IT7) have been going through with the spec fords for a long time - I wind up racing with them all the time. Can't believe the number of Zs this weekend. What's the origin of the 280 that won? Sure was glad to see the number of Zs - wish mine had been there. Those pictures sure are good - didn't know you had equipment, Mark.

Rex

jmark
10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
I have the equipment. Just gotta work on the operator! :D I saw a pristine white 280Z over at Oak Tree while I was shooting pics Sunday afternoon. Was that yours Rex? The 280ZX of Charles Perry was built by E Prod/ITS 240Z racer Greg Ira.

Parrish57
10-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Guys,

Can't believe the number of Zs this weekend. What's the origin of the 280 that won?

Rex

The 280ZX belongs to Charles Perry. It was built by Greg Ira and a motor by Sam Neave. When they get it sorted it should be fast:026:!

seckerich
10-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Good to see such a strong mix of S cars at VIR. What lap times were you turning? I didn't see any results posted yet.

happyjap
10-30-2008, 12:42 PM
The white 280 was probably Zach's Dad's car Zach had there - its clean and rust free.

Rex

JeffYoung
10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Steve, it was slow. The 280zx won on Sunday with a best lap of just under 2:20. Kent was a bit quicker, but no one got in the 2:18s.

I still think that track has slowed significantly. There is no grip under braking into one, and exit is terrible. 4/5/6 is very slidy now too.

Good to see such a strong mix of S cars at VIR. What lap times were you turning? I didn't see any results posted yet.

happyjap
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Zach works with me at Happy Jap's.

Rex

jmark
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Greg Ira ran a 2:16.8 in ECR 2 in the #30 ITS 240Z.

Parrish57
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Greg Ira ran a 2:16.8 in ECR 2 in the #30 ITS 240Z.

I know that Kent Thompson ran in the high 17's, but it was only 1 lap in the SARRC. The average lap was high 2:19s or low 20s. Very slow track....

lateapex911
10-30-2008, 04:09 PM
You WERE lapping the red car, riiiight Jeff?

JeffYoung
10-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Steve, I am looking at the SARRC results sheet and Kent was at 2:19.4 in the race.

Nobody was in the 2:18s. Weird.

Jake, yessir! LOL.......I started DFL (36th) because I didn't qualify in the rain on Saturday. I had just caught the 4/5/6th place ITS cars when we got the checkers, a few more laps and I would have had 4th. Didn't have anything for Perry/Thompson/Spillman, even though I've run 2:19.4 at VIR (last May).

Did you DOUBT me?

seckerich
10-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Just loading up now for the 13hr and wanted a benchmark. We have named the car TW pronounced T-Dub (as in train wreck) After finding this week that the car and motor harness were altered it has been an adventure. Saturday at VIR was the first time I ever rolled a car back in the trailer and went home. I guess if it makes all 13 we can just leave it at the track!!

JeffYoung
10-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I was real sorry to see that...you and Kent and Mr. Perry would have put on a good show.

Team SSR
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
We hit (or were hit by) an SRF in the early laps of the CCPS. It looked like he was leaving room for the pass, then drove over our nose and spun off course. I never did find out which one it was. The battery died on the recorder, so no video.

Marlboro Mafia
10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Is MyLaps up?

Cobrar05
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Steve, I am looking at the SARRC results sheet and Kent was at 2:19.4 in the race.

Jake, yessir! LOL.......I started DFL (36th) because I didn't qualify in the rain on Saturday. I had just caught the 4/5/6th place ITS cars when we got the checkers, a few more laps and I would have had 4th. Didn't have anything for Perry/Thompson/Spillman, even though I've run 2:19.4 at VIR (last May).

Did you DOUBT me?

Are the results posted somewhere?

JeffYoung
10-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Rob, I haven't seen one. I had the hard copy of the SARRC results somewhere, but can't find that right now either...

GKR_17
10-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Results for the ECR's are up on sedivecr.com

Team SSR
11-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Mylaps is up, but no results on NCR's site yet.

iambhooper
11-01-2008, 09:22 PM
What... no pics of the Honda that out qualified most of the Z's (in the rain) only to miss shift 1 and drop to the back of the pack in the race (btw, thanks to everyone for missing me!)? :D

Guy (SRF) comes from TWO cars back to divebomb BOTH cars on a short straight leading to a hard braking zone at the first or second slowest corner on the track. NICE.

By the way, those two SMs were running I think 4th and 5th while the SRF was 10ish. NICE again.

Man I wish that they had left us (ITS) in that group!

I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response. Not to mention the open wheel thing.

Since most of my the setup advice I received was "take care of it, we need it in the 13 hour race" I just drove gingerly for the few laps I had in the car... trying to absorb all of the above information. However, I will tell you that BMW looked like a Semi Truck coming at me!

hoop

John Nesbitt
11-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response. Not to mention the open wheel thing.

SRF's are sports racers. Non-production-based, yes; open wheel, no.

Parrish57
11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Jeff... Sorry about that. It was the CCPS race, not the SARRC, when Kent turned a 2:17.4.. I was looking over Ralphs shoulder at the stopwatch. But that was a one time deal. The rest of his laps seemed to be in the 20's.

I gather from the results on Mylaps that Stauffers team beat Ampro (Thompson/Weddington) for the CCPS Championship? I was still very unclear about it when we leftthe track....

Did you DOUBT me?

lateapex911
11-03-2008, 10:12 AM
What... no pics of the Honda that out qualified most of the Z's (in the rain) only to miss shift 1 and drop to the back of the pack in the race (btw, thanks to everyone for missing me!)? :D

I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response.

hoop

Imagine your first drive in one that you found later (as you decided SOMETHING was odd) had a shot tie rod, AND a shot rear toe link. Man, quick ratio steering and variable toe at both ends! The thing wanted to spin on the straight! Quite the introduction...:shrug:

iambhooper
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Imagine your first drive in one that you found later (as you decided SOMETHING was odd) had a shot tie rod, AND a shot rear toe link. Man, quick ratio steering and variable toe at both ends! The thing wanted to spin on the straight! Quite the introduction...:shrug:

man that had to suck. they are tough enough to drive as is. so did you take one lap and park it? the car i drove was profesionally maintained and one of the most competetive cars in the SE... of course, i quickly turned it into an ITC ride :D

Parrish57
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I gather from the results on Mylaps that Stauffers team beat Ampro (Thompson/Weddington) for the CCPS Championship? I was still very unclear about it when we leftthe track....

I guess I was wrong about that one. Ampro beat Salted Slug by 1 point for the ITS CCPS championship. Complete CCPS results are up. http://carolinacupproseries.com/about.html