PDA

View Full Version : Psychology and Racers

erlrich
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
It just occurred to me, and I can't believe it hasn't to anyone else; why do we charge drivers a "late fee" for registering after a certain date, rather than offering a "discount" for registering before a certain date?

RacerBill
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
It just occurred to me, and I can't believe it hasn't to anyone else; why do we charge drivers a "late fee" for registering after a certain date, rather than offering a "discount" for registering before a certain date?

Depends if you are half full or half empty!

You are right, however. The "discount" is a more positive inventive to register before a certain time. But, since we are all human to some degree, someone, somewhere will find something about a 'discount' to complain about!

joeg
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
You should register timely is the message.

dave parker
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Earl
I think that Joeg hit the nail on the head about registering in a timely manner. However, for those of us who are either computer challenged or time challenged the late fee can be a motivator.
Then there is the small group that always registers late. Mark Baracka,WDCR ITC #67 rabbit is on record as having paid more late fees than anyone else in the history of the DC Region.
I did find out that this year the DC Region gives a discount to those who register and race in more than one class. I guess that racing a miata has its perks after all.:shrug:

Racer Psychology? I think most people involved in motorsports suffer from bad mental health, otherwise they would not be involved. ;)
cheers
Dave Parker

dickita15
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
NER switched to the early discount scheme for 08 instead of late fee. i have not heard anybody even notice,