PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Solo on Wind Tunnel Sunday Sep-28

Mike Spencer
09-23-2008, 10:04 AM
First, I realize we do racing, not Autocross.

That said, Dave DeSpain (host of Speed TVs Wind Tunnel) will be doing a segment on SCCA Solo and Pro Solo during next Sunday's show.

For those of you who are not familiar with the show, it's a weekly call-in show and roundup of everything motorsports including F1, Grand-Am (DP and GT), Indy Car, NHRA, bikes and, yes, even NASCAR. The show runs at 9:00 PM ET Sunday, and is rebroadcast again at 9:00 AM ET Monday morning.

I remember when Fox first purchased Speed Channel, many of us lamented the belief that it was about to become a 24-hour-all-NASCAR-all-the-time channel. In fact, that *has* happened to some extent. However, Wind Tunnel is one of the jewels that remains. Not only does the show cover the venues mentioned, Speed broadcasts SCCA World Challenge races, the MX-5 series, Grand-Am Koni challenge races and the Runoffs. (You just have to be an insomniac or own a TiVo or DVR to watch :o )

My point is, we have one of a very few shows out there that caters to our kind of racing. In addition, they are trying to find even more non-NASCAR events to bring us. We need to encourage them by watching and thanking them!