PDA

View Full Version : Susan G. Komen / BMW event Sept 26

FastM3
09-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi
Just wanted to send a note and invitation to all our friends and hope you can participate at this event.

Linda went through the discovery and treatment of breast cancer last summer and is regaining her stamina and has returned to "normal" activities including racing and teaching advanced driving skills to teens and new drivers.

As part of this Susan G Komen event each participating BMW dealership has the opportunity to select a Local Hero and Foreign Motors West of Natick has selected Linda. :smilie_pokal: There will be a presentation during the noon hour.

BMW donates $ 1 for each mile driven during this event. The idea is that you get to drive a brand new BMW from a fleet supplied by BMW NA on a 10 mile ride in order to facilitate BMW donations to Susan G. Komen fund. I believe you may drive multiple cars more than once. Please go to the attached link to see what the even is about. There is also phone contact info. listed. This is a really low pressure, fun event. I am not sure if you need to reserve a car to drive. You may want to give them a call.

Shortcut to: http://www.komenmass.org/club/scripts/calendar/view_club_calendaritem.asp?CID=730974&GRP=11876&NS=LN&src=w (http://www.komenmass.org/club/scripts/calendar/view_club_calendaritem.asp?CID=730974&GRP=11876&NS=LN&src=w)

Come out and celebrate the day :happy204:

Thanks
Phil Kogan

Weaver7
09-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Hi Phil yes I was signed up for this when the fleet came through Endicott NY on the 16th but I threw my back out and was unable to attend :mad:. One of my friends still went and he said the event was great and he got to drive a new B7 Alpina said it was awesome :eclipsee_steering:.

Bill Weaver #63
ITS RX-7

lateapex911
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
I signed up for the Greenwich Ct tour stop. i'm pysched that i can take my M3 vert and not look like the party crasher as I did the last time when I showed up in my truck!

I selected the 135i vert, and the 650cic. The B7 looked rather ponderous. (Yea the 6 is ponderous too, but I just couldn't bring myself to accept the 4 door thing. ;) )

Glad Linda was chosen!

Weaver7
09-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Jake they had an M3 on the tour but I guess somebody burned the clutch up in it :blink:. The 135 looks like a good choice :eclipsee_steering:.

On another note Phil glad to hear the Linda was chosen and is doing well:)!

Bill Weaver
#63 ITS RX-7

ed325its
09-21-2008, 04:47 PM
My wife and I participated in this event yesterday and transported a 135 convertible from Maine to Nashua, NH. Nothing will put a smile on your face faster than twin turbos. Also test drove the X6, X3, and 328it.

I encourage all to support this event and test drive some great automobiles. The only downside is after the event your wife may want a new car.

nlevine
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I was a transport driver last year (had to see what the Z4 was like in comparison to my Z3). I now work around the corner from FMW and will try to stop by on the 26th.

-noam