PDA

View Full Version : B14 in ITA, thoughts?

EV
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I was wondering if there are an B14 SE-R's racing out there in ITA? I know B13's do pretty well, and the 240's are some of the faster cars in the class, but what are the thoughts about the B14?

nj1266
11-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I was wondering if there are an B14 SE-R's racing out there in ITA? I know B13's do pretty well, and the 240's are some of the faster cars in the class, but what are the thoughts about the B14?

I just stumbled on this question. I think I am the only one racing a B14 SE-R in ITA in the country. I just won the ITA championship for SoPac region. :smilie_pokal: This is the second year that I have raced in ITA. Last year I finished 2nd.

The car is very competitive in ITA. The SE-R has been mis-classed in ITS and getting its ass kicked by the BMWs for a long time. Thanks to Greg Amy and George for lobbying it into ITA :happy204:

The only thing I hate are the mushy brakes. They do stop the car, but brake feel is horrible. I used to run the NX2000 brakes when I ran the car in the SE-R Cup with NASA, but I had to go back to the stock brakes when I switched to SCCA ITA.

The power of the car is unmatched by any other car in ITA, but the handling is so-so. I kill almost all other cars in the straights, but in the corners I hang on to dear life. My car is putting about 143-144 hp and 132-134 ft-lbs of torque, but I only have intake/header/exhaust. I run a stock ECU with the rev limiter lifted higher. No balancing/blueprinting/overboring.