PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Road Racing Classic - Oct 17-19

dtanthon
09-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Entry is posted on www.NeSCCA.com (http://www.NeSCCA.com)

Northern New Jersey Region, SCCA
Jersey Road Racing Classic Regional Races
Presented by Reinertsen Motors-Saab of Denville, New Jersey
and
Driving Impressions Pro-IT
at
New Jersey Motorsports Park – Lighting Circuit - October 17-19, 2008

Race Groups:
Pro-IT – Driving Impressions Pro-IT (ITR, ITS, ITA (w/IT7), ITB, ITC and SM (w/SSM)
1 – HRG1, HRG2, HRG3, HRG4, HRG5
2 – FF, CF, F500, FV, FST
3 – SSM, DP, EP, FP, GP, HP, GTP, GTL, Legends, SPU
4 – SRF
5 – ITR, ITS, SM
6 – GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, ST, SPO, BP, ITE, T1, T2,
7 – T3, ITA, IT-7, SRX7, ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC
8 – FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, ASR, CSR, DSR, S2000, CFC

Schedule:
Thursday, October 16, 2008
7:00 pm – 9:30 pm Registration at NJMPRegistrationCenter
7:30 pm -10:00pm Technical Inspection

Friday, October 17, 2008
7:00 am -12:00 am Registration at NJMPRegistrationCenter
7:30 am -10:00am Technical Inspection
8:30 am - 20 minute Qualifying Sessions by Race Group 1 - 8 (No Pro-IT)
Lunch break at approximately noon
22 Minute Qualifying Sessions by Race Group 1 - 8 (No Pro-IT)
5:30 pm - Participant Party – All welcome - 15 minutes after the last session
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Registration at NJMPRegistrationCenter
7:00 pm – 10:15 pm Tech Inspection in Tech Garage area

Saturday, October 18, 2008
7:00 am - 10:00 am Registration at NJMPRegistrationCenter
7:00 am - Noon Technical Inspection at Tech Garage area (afternoon by appointment)
8:30 am - Pro-IT: 30 minute qualifying
Regional Race #1: 15 lap (20 Minute max.) by Race Group 1 - 8
Lunch break at approximately 1:00 pm
Pro-IT Round 5: Driving Impressions Pro-IT - 40 Minute Race
Regional Race #2: 22 lap (30 Minute max.) by Race Group 1 - 4
5:30 pm - Participant Party – All are welcome - 15 minutes after the last session

Sunday, October 19, 2008
7:30 am – 10:00 am Registration at NJMPRegistrationCenter
7:00 am – 8:30 am Tech Inspection in Tech Garage area
8:30 am Regional Race #2: 22 lap (30 Minute max.) by Race Group 5 - 8
Pro-IT Round 6: Driving Impressions Pro-IT - 40 Minute Race
Lunch break at approximately noon
Regional Race #3: 18 lap (25 Minute max.) by Race Group 1 - 8
5:30 pm On track activity ends
7:00 pm Facility closes, all SCCA officials and competitors must vacate

For the regional races:
$290 entry
Race 1 uses best qualifying time from Friday
Race 2 uses best lap time from race 1 for grid position
Race 3 uses best lap time from race 2 for grid position
The overall class winner for the JRRC will use laps completed in the 3 races and finishing position in all 3 races.

For Pro-IT:
$300 entry
Usual set of rules at www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com)

Thanks,
Darrell
NNJR-RE
NJRRS Race Committee
#27 ITS Mazda
[email protected] ([email protected]) to email private

DaveBrooks
09-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Is it possible to update the points for the series soon?:unsure:

dtanthon
09-28-2008, 06:48 AM
The pointskeeper is doing that this weekend.:happy204:

Beran
09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Is there a test day on Thursday?
Thanks
Beran

Kolin Aspegren
09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm signed up also. As of today there are only 36 cars entered. Will this event get
cancelled if the entries to do pick-up. If not we could run the whole weekend with 3
groups.

Test day info????

k

dtanthon
09-29-2008, 11:54 AM
No test day. NASA has Lightning the day before for a PDX.

The event is on. Tell your friends to get off their butts and come over to NJMP.

Friday is qualifying for the regional race. Saturday and Sunday will be racing for the regional. One sanction for 3 races, there will be a mini-series type points systems, we need to finalize that. But there will be at least 3 races for the $290.

Typical Pro-IT schedule with Saturday AM being 30 minute qualifying with a 40 minute race just after lunch. Sunday will have a 40 minute race just before lunch. During lunch we will take pictures and do some awards. This will be $300 for 2 races.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Darrell

DaveBrooks
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
njrrs points:bash_1_: please???

tdw6974
10-02-2008, 07:54 PM
njrrs points:bash_1_: please???
Dave do you mean for pro-it?? If so this is link http://www.njrrs.com/proit/2008_Pro-IT.html T weaver

benspeed
10-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I am there! Last great race of the season - plus win money!

rsx858
10-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I am there! Last great race of the season - plus win money!

Yea BIG money! God I love PRO IT!!:happy204:

dtanthon
10-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Dave,

The pointskeeper is working on the NJRRS points. Expect an update soon.
Perhaps you can take over or assist being pointskeeper in 2009? We all volunteer for this.:happy204:

Thanks,
Darrell

dtanthon
10-03-2008, 07:56 AM
We are in the process of changing the groups, tell all of our Miata friends to come out and get plenty of track time. SSM has their own group!

Race Groups:

Pro-IT – Driving Impressions Pro-IT (ITR, ITS, ITA (w/IT7), ITB, ITC and SM (w/SSM)
1 – DP, EP, FP, GP, HP, GTP, GTL, Legends, SPU
2 – FF, CF, F500, FV, FST
3 – SSM
4 – SRF
5 – ITR, ITS, SM
6 – GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, ST, SPO, BP, ITE, T1, T2,
7 – T3, ITA, IT-7, SRX7, ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC
8 – FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, ASR, CSR, DSR, S2000, CFC

dtanthon
10-03-2008, 10:37 AM
NJRRS points are updated.
See you all on October 17 - 19.

lawtonglenn
10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Darrell

I'm trying to rearrange my schedule to make it,
but if I do, I'll certainly miss Fri qualifying.

Ok to start from the Back in Regional #1 Sat am ?

dtanthon
10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I get the feeling a lot of people will be starting from the back of the first race on Saturday.
THe starting position for race 2 is the fastest lap from race 1.
Should not be a problem.
We will most likely add up the points from the 3 races to determine the JRRC class champions.
Should be interesting with all this track time, going to be fun.

PDoane
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Is Northeast Racing Tires supporting this race? Can anyone post their phone number? I searched and found a post from 2005 but the number wasn't them (maybe it changed).

Thanks

robits325is
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Try 518 622-0329

lawtonglenn
10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
ok, I've registered for all 5 races....will try to make
Friday qualifying....see you there!

hunter164
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Bummed that they put SM and ITS together. Brandon and I were going to split '99 miata for the weekend in the regionals. Guess Ill get my butt handed to me in the regionals and he can run Pro It!

PDoane
10-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the Northeast number. I had transposed the 3 and 2.

dtanthon
10-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Still plenty of time to come the the JRRC (the 'Jerk').
As usual - NO LATE FEE

SSM has their own group.
SRF has their own group
If we get more SM then we may have to juggle the groups.

One sanction number, one fee - $290, gets you 3 races and 2 qualifying sessions.

PDoane
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
If anyone attending this race has any used up/worn out/dried out 15" R6s (205, 225, or 245) that they are willing to give me for checking fit on an ITA car that I'm building, please cotact me at

[email protected]

so I can arrange to meet you at the track and pick them up. I only need one of each width.

I'll certainly pay to have them dismounted.

Thanks

Doc Bro
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
If anyone attending this race has any used up/worn out/dried out 15" R6s (205, 225, or 245) that they are willing to give me for checking fit on an ITA car that I'm building, please cotact me at

[email protected]

so I can arrange to meet you at the track and pick them up. I only need one of each width.

I'll certainly pay to have them dismounted.

Thanks

Talk to Bob Smart at his Hoosier tire trailer. I'll bet he'll have all three sizes by the end of the weekend. He'll give them to you....you'll save him the disposal fee.

R

PDoane
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I went to the SJR event at NJMP last month and spoke with Bob and left him a business card with my desires. I called Bob just yestedray and he didn't have any (yet), but said he might after the NNJR event (which is also his last of the season).

Matt Rooke has contacted me and is donating a dead 225/50, so that leaves 205 and 245.

Thanks for the suggestion

tdw6974
10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
How is the price of Diesel in Millville we can make on one tank(34 gals) its 3.69/9 here last time it was .20 less in town and they have to pump it. T:eclipsee_steering:

lateapex911
10-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow, I never realized that 245s even fit (effectively) on a 7" rim!

dtanthon
10-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Still time to come.

Enjoy autumn in New Jersey!

dominojd
10-20-2008, 03:44 AM
Well no results? So what happened?

Tkczecheredflag
10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Records were dropping like flies (appropriate consdiering how many flies there were buzzing around). Geoff B was on fire - swept all three races and "popped" the the TR twice, finally with a 1:17.073. ITC, ITB, IT7, and ITA track records all fell.

Gotta go to work so I will report on my fiascos later.

ITA - Results
Race #1
Geoff Branscombe 1:17.8
John Branscombe 1:19.3
John Martin 1:19.0

Race #2
Geoff Branscombe 1:17.2 - new record
Tim Klvana 1:18.4
John Branscombe 1:19.8

Race #3
Geoff Branscombe 1:17.073 - new rcord
Tim Klvana 1:18.6
John Branscombe 1:19.3

lateapex911
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
The good-

Track: Pretty neat track, actually. There's some subtlety to it, requiring some finesse', (which I KNOW I didn't have!), and some neat corners that are blind/turning corners over elevation changes. And the banked lightbulb" is pretty quick and long, and leads onto the main straight. My trap speeds at the end of the straight were within a couple MPH of my speeds at the end of the straight at Road Atlanta. Pretty quick track. And it races well, with decent passing chances.

Ameninities: The buildings and amenities were good. Clean bathrooms, with lots of towels and soap, etc. The showers were hot, but you had to drive a couple miles it seemed to the other track to get to them in the "Drivers Club". And they have a parts supply truck in the paddock. Cool.

Location: It's near civilization, so there are plenty of Mainstream stores to get stuff from nearby.

The Bad:

Track:

The well known off track issue of fine dust and gravel. I'm not sure how and if grass will solve the issue, as the soil is so sandy, growing true grass is going to be difficult without soil ammendments and hydration. Perhaps some big bad rumble strips off/off line to "suggest" to drivers not to go ther would be better?

Amenities: The showers are a long way a way! The parts supply truck isn't bashful about prices. See: Racing gas prices too.

Location: jeez, they had a friend in the paving business, because driving anywhere takes forever. Could thay ahve made the access roads ANY longer?

The Ugly:

Track: The trackout/apex curbing is in odd spots. DON'T go off before the curbing, and THEN run over it, as the square edge will undoubtedly cause damage to some cars.

Amenities: The food at the F1 Karting concession stand SUCKED, and was $$$.

Location:, Jeez, 5 hours to get home up the midddle of jersey on a Sunday night. Ack. Too long. YMMV.....

I'd go back. A thousand percent better than Pocono, that's for sure.

benspeed
10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
I always figured that if we want to race at a track it's always a good idea to do business with the track so they stay in business. Granted the prices are higher but these guys need to make a profit and that doesn't bother me - the fact that a tractor trailer hauler was there with parts was great. I needed a kill switch and they had the exact model I needed right on the truck - probably paid an extra $5 for it. The guy at the trailer was bummed he didn't sell more so I worry he won't return.

The burgers were juicey! The beer was cold! At least there is food - I don't boil water if I can help it.

I'm still coughing up dust. Talk about clouds - I can count to three watching my in car video going through a cloud of dust where ALL visibility was gone. Then poof! A Me-otter appears right in front of me. I hope folks check-up in the clouds because I am - if I hadn't I'd have had a new hood ornament. I hope the grass will grow in the sand - even weeds would be better. But it does add to the spectator value.

The track is fantastic with great passing zones, wide, very safe runoffs, lot's of character and definitely some finesse needed. I agree on the curbs - Jeff Henderson bent a wheel hitting one.

Pro IT rules! My GT car is hopefully sold - glad to be back in ITS. Two 40 minute races were kick ass - not a little taste like a 20 minute big bore regional at LRP. This is the series to run in.

Jersey traffic sucks - no getting around it. Backroads will be the way to go in the summer when the beach season is clogging the main arteries.

Did anybody get the ITS results from the regionals? Times?

Huge props to North and South Jersey regions for putting on a great season end event!

Tkczecheredflag
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
There was some great racing at NJMP this weekend. The track was a blast, and for the most part fun was had by all.

ITC, ITB, IT7 and ITA were banging on the track records - Our group broke all four records during the second race and ITA got banged again in the final race. Congrats to Meg Meyer (1:23.1), Beran Peter (1:18.3), Jake Gulick (1:18.8) and Geoff Branscombe (1:17.0)the new record holders - nicely done drivers and crew.

For ITA, congrats again to Geoff B - he was the hot shoe and swept all three races - you go Geoff!

I was working on my learning curve. Race #1 I was outside pole next to Geoff - got a decent start, manged to grab the lead by T-3 but drop a wheel on the front straight, looped the car in front of the field (no contact, thank God), went from drivers left acrteoss the track to drivers right , all lit up and backwards, kickin' up a bit of dust, drove from last (20th) back to 5th. Race #2 we were 4th on the grid, pushed Jake and me past Beran to P-2 and P-3 and finsihed P-2 - Geoff was not to be had by me. The final race we were 5th on the grid but ended up on the outside pole (a few DNS), again finished P-2. Still a brides maid for thsi year I guess - well, sort of - I will wait for "the JERK" points update before I pick out a wedding dress - I think we finsihed with 128 points.

The Pro-IT had some great racing - we need to support that series next year- Bob did a great job - Pace Car, sponsor's award banner, prize money a well done professional effort. The ITB race was great - I'll let those guys chime in. Also, congrats to Robert Berault and his win in ITA - nice way to finish your last race in that car Dad.

I loved the track - the facilties were accomodating and we had a blast. Some cool stuff - every third Friday Millville's downtown Main St rocks - schedule races on "Third Firdays." Street muscians, artist galleries, nice eateries, people everywhere and we were told that this was a quiet night - there was a football game to compete with.

I heard the rumble of a Power Stroker coming from my CPM Motorsports driveway - maybe there is a ARRC left in us after all - Can't let Jake G be without a friend south of the MDL- We'll see.

Nice season everyone!

FastM3
10-20-2008, 11:54 PM
From another perpective.

Linda ran ITA and I ran SM.

We were skeptical of hotel prospects but we found them clean enough and there were new stores closeby. The Shop Rite experience was fun as I guess the Race Car got attention in the parking lot.

Registration on Thursday night was a bit un organized. We were asked to stay in line and drive up to register. People left their vehicles, walked up to register and it was quite the calamity. PLEASE STATE THE POLICY IN THE SUPS OR PRE-RACE INFORMATION. :shrug:
Once we got to the window the registration was great and the people were very friendly. :happy204:

Parking in the paddock was a breeze and all the people were great.

Tech seemed a bit long as only one person was available on Thursday to perform tech, complete the logbook and complete each tech sticker.

THE TRACK..... What a learning curve. It seemed that every thing was blind with all but one late apex. Liked turn 1 Yee Ha !!!!!!! Turn 2,3 and 4 is pretty intimidating and I never carried enough speed. Oh that turn 5.. I went off on Friday and must have driven a 1/4 mile before return on track.

Finally started to get a tiny bit of speed in the lightbulb. Enough to propel me along side a Porsche with the hope of carrying the momentum to the finish line Not quite enough though.

I just missed collecting that FlaOut car at the turn 1 incident on Saturday. It spun right in front of me and was going from left to right so I aimed left. At the last minute it went back to the left and thank the stars I managed to go right but the black Miata could could not avoid the hit. I hope everyone was OK.

Linda had a Great race on Sunday. Thanks Tim K. for helping out on that last lap in turn 6. I was jumping for joy as Linda got around the green Miata on the last lap:026:

THE DUST.. Linda was in agony Saturday afternoon thru Sunday from all the dust. I had to take her to the hotel to get her where she could breath. Then I went back to the track to change tires.
PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO CONROL THE DUST.

To the Track ...... Please consider making the runoffs larger by making aligator teeth a couple of feet wide so that dust does not get kicked up. That stuff has got to cause lung cancer.

Speeking of dust I had to STOP at turn 5 during the Sunday afternoon SM race because I could not see through it. I was praying no-one would hit me and it let that damned Porsche catch back up to me.

Can't wait to go back

Phil and Linda 38 ITA and SM

PDoane
10-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Jake-

Appalachin Tire said "no way" for a Hoosier 245 on a 7" rim, but the Hoosier website/catalog cites the "Recom. Rim" as 7.0-8.5" and "Measured Rim" as 7.5"

Greg Amy has told me it has been done before, even if not recomended.

I figured I'd try a test fit anyway and see how it goes. If the sidewalls seem too pinched (assuming I can get them mounted at all) or someone chimes in with a "tried that and here's why you shouldn't" then maybe I'll give up on it.

Peter