PDA

View Full Version : FINAL 2008 ARRC Schedule

Butch Kummer
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Just so you guys know, we DO listen on occasion!

We hadn't sent in the schedule, so after thinking about it some more we decided to go ahead and move to nine (9) races on Saturday for this year rather than waiting on 2009. Besides cutting the first qualifier on Friday from 20 minutes to 15, the biggest change is that all of Saturday's races are now 20 laps or 35 minutes, whichever comes first. This should pose no problem for any run group as long as we don't have to go FCY (or worse). The race clock starts when the lead car crosses S/F and doesn't stop regardless of the flag conditions. Even more incentive to stay on the paved portions of the race track! :happy204:

Group 1 - ITB, ITC
Group 2 - ASM, DP, ITU
Group 3 - GP, IT7, ITA
Group 4 - ITR, ITS, SPU
Group 5 - ITT, SRX, SSM
Group 6 - BP, ITO, ST, TCC
Group 7 - ASR, CFC, FB, FS
Group 8 - GTA, SPO
Group 9 - CF, FFX, FST
Group 10 - Pro-IT
Group 11 - Wings & Things Bonus
Group 12 - Enduro

Fri, Nov 7
. 15-minute qualifying, Groups 1-10
. lunch
. 15-minute qualifying, Groups 1-9 (gridded by session #1 times)
. 20-lap race for Group 10 (Pro-IT)
. Social/2008 Pro-IT Awards

Sat, Nov 8
. out-in hardship warm-up
. 20-lap or 35-minute Championship race, Groups 1-5
. lunch
. 20-lap or 35-minute Championship race, Groups 6-9
. Awards party, complete with "IT-Fest inspired" gas cards (must be present to win)

Sun, Nov 9
. 30-minute Enduro qualifying ("small" cars)
. 20-minute Group 11 qualifying
. 30-minute Enduro qualifying ("big" cars)
. Quiet Time / PDX sessions on track
. 20-lap or 35-minute Group 11 race
. Three-Hour Enduro

I have the necessary approvals from the folks that have to make it happen (the Stewards) and will send this to Topeka tomorrow. It's not official until we have the sanction numbers, but Topeka has never changed what I've sent them in the past.

I realize I can't please everyone, but that doesn't mean I can't try. Hopefully any of y'all that were on the fence will now make plans to attend.

See ya...

cfullgraf
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
This ITC driver is happy with schedule. From my point of view, nobody else matters.

If I survive the SIC, I plan to attend.

lateapex911
09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm always impressed by Butch's ability and drive to please all...

I imagine that will please many. Good job.

chuck baader
09-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Works for me:happy204::happy204::happy204::happy204: Excellent job, Butch. Chuck

Greg Amy
09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Nice job as always, Butch.

Just a recommendation for next year: place DP at least one group away from all IT cars, and AFTER the main IT championship races. The way it's situated now you're less likely to get any IT cars double-dipping into DP.

I'll miss seeing you guys this year, but I'm already looking forward to '09. - GA

Butch Kummer
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM
As the sign in the men's room says, "We aim to please, would you please aim, too?" :)

Duly noted on moving ASM, DP to the last "DOT" run group. I've also had the suggestion to put one group between SSM, ITA, and ASM so the Miata guys can double (or triple) up easier. With all the changes I've put to the Stewards so far, however, I REALLY don't want to go back to them with "just one more change".

It's really sorta like turning a fast lap: "Yep, that's the fastest lap we've ever turned here and, yep, it IS a new track record, but if I could just get this thing to stick better in Turn 6 we'd REALLY show 'em what we can do!"

Thanks for the positive feedback...

SPiFF
09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
:happy204:

Looks good!

dj10
09-18-2008, 08:26 AM
:happy204:

Looks good!

I'm impressed, great job Butch. I new you used your head other than hanging a hat on it.:) Now maybe you can do something about the economy.:shrug:

Xian
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Looks good Butch! Thanks for all the work on the ARRC schedule.

Good getting to meet you over in the CMS paddock this past weekend at the SIC :)