PDA

View Full Version : And Registration Will Open???

Catch22
09-12-2008, 04:17 PM
When?

Butch Kummer
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
If things go well and I don't drink myself into a (more than normal) stupor over the weekend, I expect to send the sanction package off to Topeka by the middle of next week (let's say - Sept 17). Based on history, we should have the sanction numbers back in a week, so let's guess that Registration will open around Sept. 29 or so.

No travel fund for 2008, but we WILL be implementing a gas card giveaway similar to the one at the IT-Fest (thanks, Todd). To encourage early registration, only those registered by 11/1 will be eligible for the high(er) dollar cards.

tom91ita
09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Butch,

how many or what % typically do the test day? i was looking at last year's schedule to get some idea of the event and it looked like there was only 2 hours 4-6 for registration and tech the night before the test day. it looked like it would be kind of tight depending on how many were coming in.

i plan to arrive wednesday night but might not get there by then. what kind of hours for access to the paddock?

thanks,

tom
ITB noob

Butch Kummer
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Last year the track had four groups and a couple of them were EXTREMELY crowded (50+ cars), so this year I'm hoping they'll go to five groups even if they need to shorten them slightly. They're also very good about adjusting the groups on the fly once they see how many cars are in each. There is NO pre-registration for the test day and they DO offer a pro-rated fee depending on how many sessions are left when you sign in on Thursday.

The 4-6 times on Wednesday evening are a guideline - if there are still people in line to sign up for the test day I've never seen Joyce turn anyone away. If you get there after she's closed the window Wed night you can still move in until about 9:00 PM that evening by signing a track waiver at the gate. Test Day registration is VERY rapid - "What's your name? What's your car number and class? Is this check/credit card good?" :) - so even if you have to sign in first thing Thursday morning you'll still have plenty of time to make the drivers' meeting.

And for those that may be suffering from abuse withdrawal, you'll have to get your fix elsewhere now. Jim ("my initials are J.C. and today I am GOD!") Callahan no longer runs the Test Days for Road Atlanta.

See you there...

lateapex911
09-15-2008, 09:19 AM
And for those that may be suffering from abuse withdrawal, you'll have to get your fix elsewhere now. Jim ("my initials are J.C. and today I am GOD!") Callahan no longer runs the Test Days for Road Atlanta.

See you there...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have my girlfriend give me an extra dose of abuse to make up for it. That guy was hilarious!

Butch Kummer
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Registration is now open at www.DLBRacing.com (http://www.DLBRacing.com). The Supps and schedule are also available by clicking the "paperclip" icon there.

The links are not yet available from www.ARRC-Online.com (http://www.ARRC-Online.com), but it should be updated to include the 2008 info by this weekend.

If you hurry, you can be the second person to register for the event! :D

tom91ita
09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Butch,

stupid question but is the thursday test day part of this or not?

if not, is there a separate link?

tia,
tom

Butch Kummer
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
The Thursday test day is conducted by Road Atlanta, and there is no pre-registration required (or allowed) for it. They are pretty getting ready for the Petit LeMans right now, but after that I'll get the Test Day schedule from Joyce and we'll post it on the ARRC website.

Figure $225 for the day, probably four 20-25 minute sessions, and they DO pro-rate the cost relative to the number of sessions left when you sign up.

Butch Kummer
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Now that I'm back from ten days in beautiful, fun-filled Topeka (do we REALLY expect a championship level race track to have pot holes at the start of the exit curbing?), it's time for me to get serious about promoting the 2008 ARRC by GRM at Road Atlanta. Fields are filling up and the numbers for all races should increase dramatically now that the Runoffs are concluded. Remember also that you need to register by Nov 1 to be listed in the Event Program and also be eligible for the "Great Gas Card Giveaway" on Saturday night.

We're borrowing the GGCG concept from the IT-Fest at Mid-Ohio this past August. It'll be based on total number of entries, but right now I'm thinking we'll have one $500, two $250, and five $100 gas cards to give away. We need to finalize the logistics, but the farther you've traveled the better your chances of winning a card.

BTW - fuel supplies are fine and prices are around $3.30/gallon for regular unleaded, so the challenges presented by the Gulf Coast hurricanes seem to have be met.

See you there...

shwah
10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I know I saw this somewhere, but what type/brand of fuel is available at the track? Looking for Sunoco GT100 unleaded.

tom91ita
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
how do you see the list of entrants?

i thought i had gone back to DLB racings site and went through the login procedure before and found it but just tried and did not get there again.

Butch Kummer
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I know I saw this somewhere, but what type/brand of fuel is available at the track? Looking for Sunoco GT100 unleaded.

Sunoco is the track brand, but I think the highest unleaded rating is 98. Someone that runs that stuff will have to confirm.

As far as entry lists, if you log on to DLB and go to the "calendar" view, there should be a little red car next to each event/race that will give you the entries.

R2 Racing
10-13-2008, 03:21 PM
We need to finalize the logistics, but the farther you've traveled the better your chances of winning a card.

BTW - fuel supplies are fine and prices are around $3.30/gallon for regular unleaded, so the challenges presented by the Gulf Coast hurricanes seem to have be met.
At ~630 miles, I might be decently high on that furthest traveled list. I actually just filled up the RV this morning in preperation at $2.92/gallon.

My car survived the final GLDiv race last weekend, so I guess I can register for the ARRC now.:happy204:

IPRESS
10-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Don't tell my wife but it is 880.85 miles from my house to the front gate at RAtlanta. We do it twice a year. Can't wait to get in the truck and start out again!

lateapex911
10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
You're going to have to top 902 miles, guys. :rolleyes:

Now, if the Canadians come, I imagine they'll take the prize for furthest travelled....

Greg Amy
10-13-2008, 08:15 PM
970.7 miles (I take I-81 instead of the dreaded NE Corridor). But it just don't matter this year, do it...?

:shrug:

tom91ita
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
a measly 859 miles. the guys from wisconsin will beat that.

R2 Racing
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered this morning. I'll be there nice and early, waiting for Mac, Jake, and Tom to arrive.

3 CRX's & 5 Integra's. WTF?

924Guy
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
3 CRX's & 5 Integra's. WTF?

Sounds like marriage after divorce - the triumph of hope over experience! :D

But seriously, 5 Integras and no Rief - WTF?? :blink:

shwah
10-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Sunoco is the track brand, but I think the highest unleaded rating is 98. Someone that runs that stuff will have to confirm.

As far as entry lists, if you log on to DLB and go to the "calendar" view, there should be a little red car next to each event/race that will give you the entries.

Looks like we will bend the law a little and bring our own. At least it's cheaper to buy that way...

Butch Kummer
10-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Chris,

I'm pretty sure there's a local station in Oakwood that sell 100 unleaded - at least it used to. Again, Road Atlanta regulars that run unleaded should be able to give you more information on that (we run the high-$ 110 leaded).

924Guy
10-20-2008, 08:23 AM
There a Costco nearby?

924Guy
10-21-2008, 09:15 AM
C'mon, ITB guys - we're in danger of being overwhelmed by ITC!?!!!

shwah
10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I was working on another CenDiv ITBer, but recent damage to the car ended that idea. The cost of getting to the races this year has taken its toll as well.

Honestly, I don't care if we only have 8 ITB cars, as long as the competition is as good or better than IT Spectacular.

lateapex911
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
People talk about the cost to get there a lot, and yeah, it's a bit higher, but I've seen lots of fuel a lot cheaper recently, and its only a part of the biger picture expense....I hope the "idea" of the high price fuel doesn't't deter too many.

tom_sprecher
10-21-2008, 03:08 PM
There a Costco nearby?

Not nearby, but within 20 mins. South down I-85.

1550 Mall of Georgia Blvd
Buford, Georgia 30519
(678) 288-3009

shwah
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
People talk about the cost to get there a lot, and yeah, it's a bit higher, but I've seen lots of fuel a lot cheaper recently, and its only a part of the biger picture expense....I hope the "idea" of the high price fuel doesn't't deter too many.

It's not the cost to get to this one event. It's the cost to get to a season's worth of events that becomes significant when average tow fuel price goes up 50-100% for the whole season. Some folks are just to the end of their budgeted amount sooner than they would have been in previous years.