PDA

View Full Version : neon acr

rudyboy
09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Looking for help!just did my frist AutoX with my 98 Neon first time for me also. With Street tires and a stock suspension I don't think i could improve my times. I have been told to look for some ACR suspension parts that might help reduce the body roll. If any of you Dodge racers have any suggestions to get me on the right tack of what to do first I could realy use the help. Thanks:shrug:

Knestis
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
If this was indeed your first autocross, there's absolutely NO question that there's more time in you than there is in ACR suspension parts. Before you spend any dough on parts, find a really accomplished solo guy/gal and have them set a benchmark for you.

K

Speed Raycer
09-08-2008, 11:02 PM
^^^ DING ^^^^ Don't drop a dime on parts until you stop getting faster just by learning WTH you're doing out there ;)

rudyboy
09-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Indeed both of you correct there is more time in me. i was just thinking with 97k on the little neon struts are needed in the near future and i do want to make the correct choices. i also don't want to sacrifice ride quility. thanks for the help

Speed Raycer
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Well, that's a little different situation then. If the suspension is worn out and you'll be dropping $$$ for it anyway, then yes, the factory Koni's and ACR sways/springs are a very good upgrade. Once you get a handle on things and start looking to upgrade springs, take a look at Performance Drivens spring options. Their XX Highs completely transformed our ITA car.

Their link is in my sig ... tell them that Scott @ Izzy's sent you ;)

Campbell
09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
What is the ACR suspension package? I see that reference often and I am curious what the upgrade was versus the stock suspension. thanks

rudyboy
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Thats a goog ? Campbell I would also like to know that and I have heard something about a trunk kit. What is that?:shrug::shrug: thanks

wcmcarlos
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Answers to more questions than you can ask at
Neons.org
Years of acumulated information.
Forum threads are full of wise-A__ coments, but so much info!
Carlos

gran racing
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Since your shocks are not blown, do exactly what Kirk said. You'll probably be amazed to learn that isn't the fastest the car can go as-is. Besides, at that milage you're just breaking in the suspension. :) Save your money till later on when you really know where it should be spent. Maybe you get serious and get a high end race suspension? Maybe you don't want to autocross anymore and want to try the whole high performance driving event thing? Maybe you want to stay in a stock class? Maybe, maybe, maybe... That's just it, you really can't know at this point.

A friend of mine just had to purchase a suspension for his car that he "knew" after just a couple of events he'd use autocrossing. Just a couple of months after he sold that car, bought another daily driver and a pre-built racecar. LOL

digger
09-12-2008, 09:45 AM
This one is for Speed Raycer. Peformance Driven suggests that when installing xx rate springs the Koni struts should be revalved. Did You do this and if so who did it for you.
Thanks, Digger

Speed Raycer
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
We haven't done it yet, but fully expect to soon. Been a while since I looked up the info, but I believe we plan on going with True-Choice for the rebuild. IIRC, they advertise in the back of SportsCar.