PDA

View Full Version : best locations for kill switch on an ITA EG?

mossaidis
09-07-2008, 01:03 PM
best locations for kill switch on an ITA EG... thoughts? I am guessing somewhere on the roll cage or rear tailgate.

mossaidis
09-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Maybe the sunroof switch on the left side of the dashboard?

Bob Roth
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
On our teg, its through the right side dash air bag "cover" on the car. Advantage is that nice and short wire runs and light weight. I hate it though cause when I get in the car, you can't really reach it from the drivers seat or when you get out too. Its probably the best deal but unless you got 4' arms, its a pain.....

biovic
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Mine is on the passenger dash just above the glove box. The wires go straight down through the glove box, then out the back and under the dash with the rest fo the wires. I can't reach it while strapped in the car, but it's good access to the workers through the open passenger window (who would be using it anyway).
Victor
ITA 03
90 Integra

R2 Racing
09-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Put it some place where not only a corner worker can reach it, but you can too. I put mine right on the a-pillar tube of the rollcage, just to the left of the steering wheel. Just a weld a little tab to it for the mount. Easy access from outside the car, as well as from the drivers seat.

Xian
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Put it some place where not only a corner worker can reach it, but you can too. I put mine right on the a-pillar tube of the rollcage, just to the left of the steering wheel. Just a weld a little tab to it for the mount. Easy access from outside the car, as well as from the drivers seat.

x2

Put it somewhere you can reach it from the driver's seat. If you stuff the car into a wall and want to kill the power while waiting for rescue, you should be able to do so from the driver seat while still belted in.

tom_sprecher
09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
^
^
^
X3

Hotshoe
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM

Me Four........... Exactly where I put mine.........

Gotta be able to reach it

lateapex911
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
^^^^^ x 5.

I HAD mine on the cowl, just in front of the windshield. I am usually alone when i race. I can't tell you how many times I sat on grid, just strapped in and discovered I had forgotten to turn the damn car on.

so I moved it, as described by Ruck.

shuolda done it years ago.:blink:

raffaelli
09-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I gots mine right dar.
http://img2.putfile.com/main/9/25423361720.jpg

R2 Racing
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
^^^ Yup, just like that.

Speed Raycer
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
A pillar... easy access for all involved!
http://www.izzyscustomcages.com/images/CustCars/Dodge/Neon/P1010072.JPG

Must be a first gen RX7 thing to mount the switch on the cowl! I did the same thing on my first one, my second one was wired that way when I bought it, but I at least ran a second relayed switch that sat in the console so that I could turn it on/off while I was in the car

Zephyr
09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
If you still have the stock key/ignition you can still turn the car off. On all my cars the switch has always been on the passenger side near the mirror. The only one that I put there was my current car all the previous cars the owners put it there on the other cars.

Any reason why not to put it there other then for it to be out of the way so that you can't bump it while getting in and out of the car or the window net catching on it?

mossaidis
09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I remember seeing exactly that... a SCCA legal kill switch on both driver and passenger side dash.

I think it's was on a 1992 Civic with a K20A2 swap running West Coast H0 honda Challenge... I think it was featured in the 2005 issue of Sports Compact

ahh... found it!

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0502_scc_hondata_k20a/index.html

http://images.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0502_06z+1993_honda_civic_hatchback+interior_view. jpg

http://images.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0502_08z+1993_honda_civic_hatchback+start_button_v iew.jpg

RacerBill
09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
^^^ Yup, just like that.

That's where mine is, also!

NutDriverRighty
09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
In regard to placement, have to add a +5 to the idea. However, I'd also like to add making sure that it is marked correctly and visibly from outside the car. If my fat butt has had to run 50 yds. in boots, carrying a 10# fire bottle (they actually weigh about 20) through a gravel trap on a 100* day to get to you, I'd like to be able to go STRAIGHT to the switch. After seeing your condition in the car (a couple of seconds), my next priority is the kill switch. Just my $0.02 worth.

Scott

mossaidis
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the advice everyone. Okay, I think we're putting the kill switch on the right hand side dashboard - 6 inches from the window opening marked with a kill switch sticker on the dasbboard and on the outside on the door just below and to the left of the passenger side mirror