PDA

View Full Version : Rear Chamber on an ITA EG

mossaidis
09-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi folks,

I am looking to get at least -2 degrees of chamber in the rear and need to find the best and easiet way to do this. From the rules, I figure I can use eccecntric bushings or slot the mounting holes on either end of the rear LCA.

Ideas? Thoughts? Any where I can buy eccentric bushings instead of making them?

Mickey

PS. I have ES bushings now and after some thought - I think the combination of spherical bushings and slotted mounting holes on the trailer arm would preduce the best results.

Xian
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
You should be able to get all the camber you'll want or need simply by getting the car to the correct ride height. Getting to -2* should be easy...

mossaidis
09-07-2008, 05:55 PM
You should be able to get all the camber you'll want or need simply by getting the car to the correct ride height. Getting to -2* should be easy...

Actuallt at 5", I am able to -1.5. Ideally, I would like -2.5 degrees cause I run a adj. 24mm rear bar.

BTW, how is the car build coming along? I am getting mine ready finally for the April NHMS school. I just got the roll cage put in and pushing off the serious mods, like FD, air dam and overbore until all the safety equipment is done and I have some $$.

Xian
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Honestly I don't remember my exact camber figures on the rear but I believe that I was at around 1.5-1.75* at a ride height of 5.75" to the rocker panel. Are you measuring ride height at the rocker or jack tab? All Civic/Teg drivers I've talked to about rear camber are using any adjustment allowances to take camber out... not add it in.

The new build is coming along... there was a hang-up with the painter (death in the family) that has put things a bit behind schedule. Looking like it won't be ready for a logbook and race weekend until October right now.

mc-integra111
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
All Civic/Teg drivers I've talked to about rear camber are using any adjustment allowances to take camber out... not add it in.

Agreed. I had to add positive camber to get to the levels you are looking at. I am not sure if my Teg stuff is the exact same as your Civic stuff, but its probably similar. I suggest checking the suspension carefully to make sure nothing is bent, just in case.

mossaidis
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Agreed. I had to add positive camber to get to the levels you are looking at. I am not sure if my Teg stuff is the exact same as your Civic stuff, but its probably similar. I suggest checking the suspension carefully to make sure nothing is bent, just in case.

I will check my rear height again from the rocker panel, I will check for bent parts and will report back. But I am pretty sure it's about 5.25" ride height with -1.5 degree or less of chamber. I know the car was hit "gently" from behind many years again, but I doubt that would affect the geometry that much. Thanks!