PDA

View Full Version : Miata vs. Wall in Topeka

ccasteel
09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Travis was that your driver that went off at 10 yesterday in Topeka? Is he okay? What happened? I heard he was seen walking around, but nobody can say for sure.

tnord
09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
first off, yes....he's relatively unhurt, but i seriously doubt he was seen walking around. i talked to him last night, and he's doing ok. that's all i'm willing to say about that, but your concern is appreciated i'm sure.

second....all the safety gear worked, but he hit HARD. multiple miata guys told me that it's the biggest impact they've seen one of these cars take. some stress cracks in the cage, and a slightly bent rear downtube, but it all did it's job.

third....it's really hard to say what happened, and i don't really want to speculate about it as the car is so comprehensively destroyed there's no way anything can be said for certain.

in the end all that matters is that it looks like he'll be fine with no long-term effects.

uncleben
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Travis was that your driver that went off at 10 yesterday in Topeka? Is he okay? What happened? I heard he was seen walking around, but nobody can say for sure.

Heh, I definitely wasn't walking around after the crash :)

Sorry, I didn't see this post when I replied in the HPT thread. You can read it here:

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24345&page=3#57

uncleben
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah, in reference to the subject of this thread... the wall won.