PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Date

CRallo
08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
anyone going? last race of the year at NHMS :(

looks like a decent number of A and S entries are preregistered. AND a newcomer in F500... not that anyone is looking :blink:

CRallo
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I started this thread because this race is of particualar interest to me. It will be my first SCCA event as a driver. Long story short: I was supposed to run a full season this year but things fell apart at the last minute. Not giving up, I attended the first Regional of the year at NHMS, an event I was supposed to "warm up" at with my ride for the year. Carless, but determined I went anyways, to learn about the series, the cars, to meet the people and just to be at the track. My experience at the event was... bittersweet. I ran into some old friends and met many new people while enjoying the event and learning about the way the SCCA does things. It was good to be at a racetrack for the first time since my last race the previous October but it hurt to not be on the track :( that said it was an overall positive experience and I've kept coming back for more.

During the last few monthes I've made it to as many events as I could and have crewed for and helped out a number of guys. Much of my time has been spent in the IT paddock and I've really enjoyed being a part of the show you guys put on. I want to, and plan to, race an IT car in the near future. I have a strong passion for production car racing, but my racing experience is rooted in formula cars and so is my latest opportunity to race. The aforementioned "newcomer" in F500 is yours truely, I will be running the Blue #65 Red Devil this weekend at NHMS!

Although new to the SCCA I am no stranger to racing. To tell you how invested I am would take up a whole nother post. In short I spent two years working for the Skip Barber series and a year racing the cars. I learned more in that time than I thought possible about both sides of the wall. I enjoy the wrenching, but live for the driving and enjoy the thrill that comes from both. I am hooked utterly and completely and will always be apart of this sport. I don't have much money, my folks didn't raise me in karts and I don't have a "big" last name, but I WILL be drving something... somewhere...

Thanks to all the IT guys that have put up with me this year and helped me to learn so much!! Also becuase, I would not have this opportunity if it was not for you guys keeping me coming back (and often bringing me) to the track... thanks to the rest of you for putting on such a great show! I have more respect for most of you than most of the drivers we see on TV...

Sorry about the "book" and thanks to anyone that is still reading :) I know that another **** in an obnoxious F500 probably doesn't mean much to you guys but I wanted to post this because of my involvement with IT this year and my plans to stay involved in the future...

Ed Funk
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the craziness! IT is fun, it is, it is!:happy204:

JLawton
09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Chris,

Thanks for all your help this year!! Good luck!!

Keep workin' it!! You got the "other" skills needed to get into it (I mean, other than having sex with old rich ladies for money.....)

Ed Funk
09-01-2008, 05:55 PM
---or old rich men for even more money!!!:024:

CRallo
09-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Chris,

Thanks for all your help this year!! Good luck!!

Keep workin' it!! You got the "other" skills needed to get into it (I mean, other than having sex with old rich ladies for money.....)

No problem Jeff! Thank you :) Don't worry I'm not stopping anytime soon... and thanks for the advice I think I might have to put that skill to work too :D Just gotta find one that likes nice, young and fit racecar drivers...

---or old rich men for even more money!!!
:eek:
O man, you guys are awful!! LOL I gotta draw the line somewhere... well, how much more money are we talking? :D

Ed Funk
09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Dunno? I'm old but I sure ain't rich!