PDA

View Full Version : Round 5&6 - Driving Impressions Pro-IT

dtanthon
08-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Set for October 17-19 at NJMP on Lightning. Schedule and Supps are in the works.
Qualify in AM, race after lunch, next race will be the following day.
Round 5 - Friday or Saturday?
Round 6 - Saturday or Sunday?
One entry fee and race prize payout but 2 races? Keep the cost down if we can. Points for each race for a total of 6 races for 2008.

I calculated the year end prize money through the 4 events so far and there is some serious money. You need to have at least 3 events to be eligible for the year end money. If you entered and finished a Pro-IT then with these 2 races you are eligible. The top 8 get paid year end prize money.

If you have not sent your W9 yet please do so. You can scan it and email it to me as well.

I'm meeting on Monday to get the rest of the checks in the mail. Sorry to be late with these but this work stuff keeps getting in the way.

Also, time to start thinking about 2009, what do we want for 2009?

dtanthon
08-29-2008, 02:40 PM
the top 8 in each class get paid if they meet the 50% criteria.

ITR
ITS
ITA (includes IT7)
ITB
ITC
SM (includes SSM)

tdw6974
08-29-2008, 07:48 PM
[quote=dtanthon;272534]Set for October 17-19 at NJMP on Lightning. Schedule and Supps are in the works.
Qualify in AM, race after lunch, next race will be the following day.
Round 5 - Friday or Saturday?
Round 6 - Saturday or Sunday?
One entry fee and race prize payout but 2 races? Keep the cost down if we can. Points for each race for a total of 6 races for 2008.

For us On Saturday Round 5 as previous Practice/qualify in AM Race in Pm. Round 6 Sunday finishing order from Sat determines Start for Sunday race(Hmmm or maybe reverse?? ) TW Keep in mind I'm only the truck driver :eclipsee_steering:

RSTPerformance
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Any idea what the entry fee is going to be like... trying to budget out the rest of the year, and stephens wedding!!!

Raymond

dtanthon
09-02-2008, 07:37 AM
We are doing the final addition and subtractions to the budget as well.

August cost $290 for the regional and $300 for Pro-IT for a single. This will be a double if things fit in the schedule. I don't see the price going up that much if at all but the NNJR Race Committee comes up with the entry and the schedule. I'm just the RE so they run the racing portion, make recommendations and then the Board approves.

Get ready for a lot of track time and races! Nothing concrete yet but expect qualifying on Friday and racing on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully qualifying races and races each day. As well as a Pro-IT qualify on Saturday AM and Pro-IT races on Saturday and Sunday.

Also - We printed all the checks from rounds 1 - 4 and they will be in the mail this week. I calculated the year end prize fund and there will be some big checks written. Remember that the top 8 in each class are in the year end fund, complete 50% of the races and get some. Check www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com) for the rules.

Thanks,
Darrell

Robert Zecca
09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Guys,

Do not forget to bring your raffle tickets. We will be awarding a ZAMP RZ2 Full-face helmet and a MOMO Rookie SFI-5 suit. On top of this will be the normal awards plus sunglasses from Tifosi Optics who will be a full-time sponsor for 2009. Liquid Glass Products have also committed to coming on board for next year. They make the best car polish on the planet and a complete line of car care products. I have been using them since 1983. This stuff is good for 1-2 mph on the top end. I used in on my Fiat 500 and at Englishtown I turned a 29.68 in the 1/4 of a mile. This was a record for the slowest car ever on the track but it looked real shiny. My reaction time at the line was 1.8 seconds, another record. What could I say?

I am sure over the winter you will see many other companies jump on board and if you know of any have them give me a call. Ian Prout of SCDA called last week and had expressed interest in the series. We presently have top quality companies associated with our series and as the word spreads others will follow. We are presently designing a series logo and by next year we will have apparel promoting the series along with a winshield decal and a sponsor decal set that will unify the look of our cars. If we want this series to grow and gain sponsors we must look the part. I would like to get a pace car/suv from BMW or Mazda and a RV for the road trips. We will see.... Keep the feedback and ideas coming.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com

dtanthon
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Registration will be open tomorrow. October 18 & 19. $300 for 2 races.
www.nescca.com (http://www.nescca.com)

Qualify - Saturday 8:30 AM for 30 minutes
Round 5 - Saturday after lunch for 40 minutes
Round 6 - Sunday before lunch for 40 minutes
Sunday lunch will be photos of the champions with their crew and cars.
Checks as well if I can do the math.

The checks for rounds 1 - 4 have been mailed.
To be eligible for the year end prize you need to have raced in 3 of the 6 rounds.
The year end fund is quite large so I hope we fill the top 8 in each class.

Thanks,
Darrell

wdether
09-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Registration is open.

Group 3 - SSM (along with small bore)
Group 5 - ITR, ITS, SM
Group 7 - ITA, IT7, SRX7, ITB, ITC (along with T3, SSB, and SSC)

Drivers doing both the regional and the Pro-IT races will have:
Friday - 42 minutes of qualifying (Groups 1-8)

Saturday - 30 minutes of Pro-IT qualifying, a 15 lap race (Groups 1-8), a 40 minute Pro-IT race, and a 22 lap race (Groups 1-4)

Sunday - 22 lap race (Groups 5-8), a 40 minute Pro-IT race, and a 18 lap race (Groups 1-8)

That comes out to 42 minutes qualifying for regional races, 30 minutes of qualifying for Pro-IT, 55 laps of regional racing, and two 40 minute Pro-IT races!

rthiele
09-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm in! So far, we have 2 cars in ITR - who else is planning to come? :eclipsee_steering:

rthiele
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I can hear my echo! :eek:

Hopefully next year we will have more cars and brands in ITR. At the NARRC run-offs we have 5 already, good sign. Anyone any plans for next year?
Or is there concerns about building/modifying a car in the current economic climate?

Robert Zecca
09-24-2008, 11:57 PM
So far we have 14 cars entered for this event. I would love to see 45 plus. We have many announcements for next year so please be present.

Thanks
Bob Zecca

Robert Zecca
10-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Rob,
What is your email address. I have a photo I would like to send you of you and your wife at the LRP store.
Thanks
Bob Zecca

dtanthon
10-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Over 30 registered. Going to be a great event.
Two 40 minute races and a 30 minute qualifying session for $300.

The regional has an insane amout of time as well for $290.
20 and 22 minute qualifying sessions. 15, 22 and 18 lap races under one sanction

rthiele
10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
@Bob: email sent.

Thanks, looking forward to the picture! :026:
Rob

dtanthon
10-12-2008, 11:41 AM
37 so far - 36 online, 1 by mail
We can have 48 on the track.

RSTPerformance
10-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Darrell-

We were sitting aound tonight talking and realized we are due for two Annual Techs... We will not be arriving until LATE (midnight or so) on Friday night and in the schedule we are on track for quallifying at 8:30am for the PRO IT... Can you hook us up with a very early Annual tech on two Audi's???

Also just want to be sure, pets are allowed??? We are planning on bringing the 160+ pound Great Dane, Cocker Spanial, and the puppy (5 1/2 months) Bernedoodle!!!

I remember something about the NJ racing laws, we don't need a H&N correct?

Raymond

dtanthon
10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
No problem on pets. H&N is not an issue, no NJ rule on that.

Bill Etherington and his team will be there early Saturday AM, drop him an email and make sure you are in line early. Going to be a big group so starting in the back would be interesting for you! Just wave as you pass / lap me.

I crunched the year end prize money with the entry we have so far, nice money.

Maybe we can do pony rides on the Great Dane!!!!!

Bob will be bringing the podium for photos and we will have the year end trophies and checks. As well as the round 5 & 6 checks (one entry for 2 races equals a smaller check).

Thanks,
Darrell
[email protected]

RSTPerformance
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Some of the top 6 ITB cars in the northeast are running, but a few are missing.... Lets go!!!

Raymond

RSTPerformance
10-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Michael Reece... what about you???

reeceracing
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I will be there,need that big check to put into the stock market.........lol.

RSTPerformance
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Are you registering for the Pro IT?

RSTPerformance
10-18-2008, 06:34 PM
ITS
Robert Driscoll
Matt Rooke
Eric King

ITR
David Maynard (while running out of gas!)
Robert Thiele
John Stewart

SM
Ferrell Lapoint
Richard Watson
Adren Brzezinski

IT'S
Douglas Case
Robert Breault

ITB
Stephen Blethen!!!
Erik Benazic
Ken Hubbard

ITC
Meg Meyer
Edward Funk (blown motor)

Weaver7
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Any updates from todays race we left this morning due to a blown tranny on the first lap:mad:. The only good thing about it was I had the best seat in the house with the corner workers.

Bill Weaver
ITS RX7 # 63

dazzlesa
10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
my son found a watch at the event. pm me with the manufacture, model and address and i will send it.
the pro it was a great event. hard racing 40 minutes long and a blast. we fought tooth and nail through the entire races. it was a pleasure runniNg with the b boys.
the only scarry parts were when you would encounter a dust cloud and you had no idea if there was somebody there! PLEASE FIX IF POSSIBLE. i would ask the faster cars, if possible, try to pass us slower cars in a straight line or exiting a corner, not out braking us into a corner. i actually think you would loose less time giving up a little on entry but gain more on exit.
thanks for all that put the pro it on. it was a blast.
round 6's results are
ITR
DAVID M.
ROBERT D.
JOHN S.
ITS
MATT ROOKE ALSO OVERALL
ROBERT D.
BEN P.
ITA
ROBERT B.
DOUGLAS C.
GARY H.
ITB
RICK B.
STEVE B.
TIM M.
ITC
MEG M.
SM
RICHARD P.
BRANDON B.
YIANNIS T.
one double yellow for debri?
the late flag on the start was a mess and the surprise green after the yellow was also a mess. i guess i have to pay better attention.

RSTPerformance
10-19-2008, 08:32 PM
This traffic is a mess... We left at 2:30 and we are still still sitting on the GW Bridge as I type... Errr...

Raymond

Greg Amy
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
This traffic is a mess... We left at 2:30 and we are still still sitting on the GW Bridge as I type... Errr...
Who the EFF drives across the GW Bridge from southern Jersey to NH??? I-287 to I-87 to I-84 to I-90, dude...

RSTPerformance
10-19-2008, 10:43 PM
yeah.... Finally to Hartford...

You have to love the IPhone... It wont give you alternate directions but The Pro IT - ITB Champ was craving Pizza Hut so I plugged it into google maps and was able to call ahead and order pizza to go!!! Now if we could just teach the dogs how to pee in a cup.... Yeah I am bored!!!!

Raymond

Steve @ TeamDI.com
10-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone, Steve from TeamDI here.

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the event, we're working hard to give the best racing possible, the best race for the buck, and the best cash and prizes available!

Sorry to hear about the traffic, thats the one major downside about NJMP...it's in NJ, HA!

Thanks again for the compliments, and get ready for 2009...it's going to be even better! More sponsors, more prizes, more exposure, and hopefully we can start generating some fans to come watch too!

I'm going to get the new website populated with content from this weekend, and try to have it live by next weekend, so stay tuned, you're going to love it!

PROITSERIES.COM

Regards,
Steve @ TeamDI

RSTPerformance
10-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the event, we're working hard to give the best racing possible, the best race for the buck, and the best cash and prizes available!

PROITSERIES.COM

Regards,
Steve @ TeamDI

Steve, we are just about home safe... Totaly worth the long ride home... I think you guys have a great series and have met your goals!!!

Special thanks to Derrel, Bob, all the sponsors, and all those behind the scenes!!!

Raymond " see you in the spent" Blethen

dtanthon
10-20-2008, 10:29 AM
That was a fun weekend. 5 races for $300 + $290. I'll work up the event checks and year end checks. Get me your W9s if you have not already.

As for NJMP, that is the Pine Barrens, the soil is sand and dirt, mostly sand. It is like a powder. I agree on the dust clouds, the track management is aware of that and it just takes time to grow grass. We will also suggest extending the curbs and possibly paving more runoff areas.

As far as the route home - I live in northern Morris County in northern New Jersey. From the track to get home I do the following to miss the Parkway and Turnpike.

55N to 42 then onto to 295N (that mess by Camden). Take 295 north. Go past Trenton and 295N turns into 95 South, I take exit 4 for Rt 31 north (Pennington). This is the only 2 lane part of the route, a few lights but traffic moves well. From 31 north I get on 202 north at Flemington. Take that to Somerville to 287 north. 287 north will take you to the NYS thruway. From there you can take the Tappan Zee (87) or up to Newburgh/Beacon (84). No tolls in NJ and there are plenty of resturants and gas.

Thanks again to Bob Z. for getting behind this Pro-IT idea we borrowed from Atlanta. We knew this was a great way to get more track time and exciting racing.

2009 will be even better. As always what can we do better, this is our club, we can make it what ever we want!

Thanks,
Darrell
NNJR-RE ([email protected])
Jersey Racing Board
NARRC Committee
NeedMoreRacing #27 ITS Mazda (need more speed!)

benspeed
10-21-2008, 09:50 AM
OK - here's some random paddock video and the in-car video from Saturday's race. Camera ran out of space halfway through but this gives a good view of the action.

Thanks those sponsors and crew:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4573139530091239581&hl=en

Race:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-335946089453136854&hl=en
I'll take it for a $5K car. The fun factor is off the charts.