PDA

View Full Version : WGI fun one

dominojd
08-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Did any one look at the ITA line up? OOOH Baby gonna be some good racing at the glen. :D

Tkczecheredflag
08-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Did any one look at the ITA line up? OOOH Baby gonna be some good racing at the glen. :D
Joe - After only three weekends at just two tracks this year, if figured it was time to get this season started. Finally gonna make it to WGI - Can't wait. I agree the field looks like a good one - Any other takers?

Ed Funk
08-28-2008, 08:56 AM
If there's a red ita del sol there, it won't be us (this year)

benspeed
08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm registered for GT1 but ITS is looking good...

dj10
08-28-2008, 09:55 AM

No ITR's:(

dominojd
08-28-2008, 08:16 PM

So what gonna break on the GT1 car this time? :D

dominojd
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Joe - After only three weekends at just two tracks this year, if figured it was time to get this season started. Finally gonna make it to WGI - Can't wait. I agree the field looks like a good one - Any other takers?

Well it's about damn time. ;)

rsx858
08-28-2008, 09:39 PM
C'mon Ben, you know you wanna run the ITS car. this field is gonna be MASSIVE!

dominojd
08-29-2008, 03:25 AM
C'mon Ben, you know you wanna run the ITS car. this field is gonna be MASSIVE!

I just think Ben is scared to loose to the ITA cars. ;)

benspeed
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Ahhhh Man! I might just have to bring the ITS car now. And replace the soft springs springs with race springs. And buy a set of tires....then no excuses.

That GT1 car has been solid up to this year - burned up pads at Pocono avoiding a backmarker and my trans gave me three good seasons before destruction at NJMP. She's ready to go! So's the ITS car...

Matt - will you car be ready?

I may have to put a wuppin on Crazy Joe - matter of fact I might order a set of springs now...

I ran a 2:16 on the long course way back when in my ITS car - what's quick today?

robits325is
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Ahhhh Man! I might just have to bring the ITS car now. And replace the soft springs springs with race springs. And buy a set of tires....then no excuses.

That GT1 car has been solid up to this year - burned up pads at Pocono avoiding a backmarker and my trans gave me three good seasons before destruction at NJMP. She's ready to go! So's the ITS car...

I may have to put a wuppin on Crazy Joe - matter of fact I might order a set of springs now...

I ran a 2:16 on the long course way back when in my ITS car - what's quick today?

You only have to find 2 seconds!! You can do it!

Jeremy Billiel
08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I think the GSR will be there with some new HP so watch out! LOL....

CRallo
08-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I think the GSR will be there with some new HP so watch out! LOL....

nice man... good place to have it

dominojd
08-30-2008, 07:32 PM

Like you said way back when. That's before you were corrupted with tons-o horsepower. Ya can't just go fast in a straight line in an ITS car. You have to drive fast in the coerners too. :D

benspeed
08-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Greg Amy diagnosed my disease - ADA or something???

Will the Hoosier dude be there with medicine for the ITS disease? 225-50-15?

JeffHarding
08-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Will the Hoosier dude be there with medicine for the ITS disease? 225-50-15?

Smarty should be there. What do you have for a rear gear? With my 5.12 I run 45s. NHMS is the only place I use 50s. If the weather is good it'll take low 15s or better to be near the front on the long course.

rsx858
09-02-2008, 01:26 AM
[quote=benspeed;272521]

[quote]

Im optomistic on the car being ready, motor is getting rebuilt now. Hopefully pick up a few ponies. Im running the 4.88 rear like you Ben and i use the 225 50's at the glen. Speaking of which ill be needing a set as well.

Between ITS and ITA 42 cars reg'd so far!

dominojd
09-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Between ITS and ITA 42 cars reg'd so far!

Yeah so you ITS guys better stay out of the way. :D

benspeed
09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm running the 4:88 so I'd need 50s. I liked my old 5:12 and 45s - that's the sweeter setup and 5th will pull with the GTU gear.

Still debating which car to bring.

Weaver7
09-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Count is up to 47 should be lots of fun!!!! :happy204:

Bill Weaver
ITS #63 RX7

benspeed
09-05-2008, 04:28 PM
The trilite hydraulic throwout bearing on my GT1 car is leaking and the $8 repair kit won't arrive until next Thursday - ITS is looking even better!

benspeed
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
GT1 car is ready to go - no ITS car this weekend. Gotta see if this beast is ready for the Runoffs.

And check it out - 7 GT1 cars and over 40 registered for Big Bore - gonna be a "Fun One".

With a huge thanks to Darrel Anthony who provided some much needed help to finish up the drivetrain.

rsx858
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
53 reg'd in ITS/ITA! not to mention mail in entries.

my question is, on this super popular weekend why is there only 1 ITR car!

dtanthon
09-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Ben - you said the magic word - 'beer.' Sweet GT1 car, a lot easier putting in that transmission than on the RX7.

Good luck to all at the 'Fun One' in 2008! See you at NARRC runoffs and at NJMP.

dtanthon
09-15-2008, 08:44 AM
How was it?
Did Ike visit?

See you all this weekend at Thunderbolt, going to be fun with SCCA races and all the other things going on.

Darrell
#27 ITS
PS - Look for the ersey Road Racing Classic to be posted this week, 3 races for $290, 2 Pro-IT for $300.

Tkczecheredflag
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
How was it?
Did Ike visit?

See you all this weekend at Thunderbolt, going to be fun with SCCA races and all the other things going on.

Darrell
#27 ITS
PS - Look for the ersey Road Racing Classic to be posted this week, 3 races for $290, 2 Pro-IT for $300.
First time at WGI - So needless to say my face is pretty sore from the constant smile I had all weekend.

ITS/ITR/ITA/SSB/SSC

ITA - Qulaified in a light drizzle (I chose dry tires) - lap 3 went FCY so never having seen the place and being out there on dry tires we landed on Q-32 out of 50 and 15th in class. Race before lunch on a dry track, carnage in the Esses with some lapped traffic and Greg A but the course stayed green (the TEG looks pretty bent). Manged to finish 2nd in "A" and 9th overall (does that expalin some of the smiling?)

ITA
Joe DiMinnio 221.5
Tim Klvana 222.3
Brad Barnhouse 221.9

ITS
Jeff Harding 217.6
Matt Rooke 218.4
Jay Dedriek 218.8

ITA Sunday was beautiful. This race was one the most fun I have ever compteted in - Reminded me of the '03 ITC NARRC-OFF race on the "fun one" scale. Joe D grenaded his engine at about halfway, leaving Barnhouse, Klvana, and Wheeler to run for the checkered flag (first time with these guys - clean respectible racers, a blast guys , thanks). A couple of local station yellows but no FCY. The three of us trade the P-1 spot a few times but Steve Wheeler would reach the checkered flag first - The race was an absolutely incredible - the only thing that would have made it more interesting was having Joe D with, as Joe and I started to work on our drafting skills (okay Joe, it was a little more than a push but it did launch you back into the lead:shrug:).

ITA
Steve Wheeler 132.5
Tim Klvana 132.3
Brad Barnhouse 132.1

ITS
Jeff Harding 217.6
Matt Rooke 218.4
Jay Dedriek 218.8

It was nice to be back in a race car again. WGI was incredible - not sure why it took so long to find my way to that Fun One track. FLR did a great job of running the event and the Pig Roast hospitality was "tasty." Lots more to learn at WGI than two days could teach this "old broken down racer", but hey we love to learn. Can't wait to get back.

Rumor has it that Jeff Lawton is also sore from smiling this morning, as Jeff is the only ITA driver that can mathematically catch Joe D in the NARCC - Stay tuned. Joe assures us that he will have a motor in the car and will "be back."

JLawton
09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Rumor has it that Jeff Lawton is also sore from smiling this morning, as Jeff is the only ITA driver that can mathematically catch Joe D in the NARCC - "

Kinda like how Joe was smiling after Bransom punted me at NHMS!! Joe should be sending him a fruit basket!!

Nice job Tim. I imagine that picking up all those positions on day one must have been a blast too!!

Jeremy Billiel
09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I didn't get to race becasue the car got torn up, but I did do the test day as it was my first time at WGI as well. What a fun track!!!

Qualifying in DP with the Big Bores was also a BLAST! I really badly wanted it to rain and have a lot of fun.

I won't mention that I outqualified tGA and Joe Dominno in the same conditions.... Opps? Did I say that out loud?

Ed Funk
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Cool, Jeremy! ---and those guys are reasonably fast!:D

Greg Amy
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Cool, Jeremy! ---and those guys are reasonably fast!:D
Yup, Jeremy speaks truth. Joe DiMinno (ITA) and I (ITS) were in Group 1, Jeremy was running in the 'Teg in Group 2. Jeremy pips both of us during his qually...we are adamant that weather had nothing to do with it...

Unfortunately, during the race later that day I managed to make the 'Teg a wee bit shorter (via discussion with the T2-3 Esses Aarmco), so Jeremy wasn't able to trounce the ITS lap record as expected. But, he'll get his chance some day...

dominojd
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
I think we ought to name this the "NOT SO FUN ONE" this year at least. Yes I blew that sucker up and when I do it I do it right. There are holes in the front and back of the block almost the size of a baseball and it actually blew the starter off the back of the engine. Man it's gonna be a busy weekend. :(

First off I want to appologize to Brad for the little bump at the top of the ESSES. Sorry dude misjudged it by an inch. I was gonna search you out after the race but was a little pre occupied.

Second OMG terrific job TIMMAH. I had such a freakin blast watching you guys batltle going into turn one I almost forgot my car just blew up. ok I lie, but it was great to watch. Wish I was out there with ya.

See ya all at the NARRC OFFS.

Oh yeah here's the explosion video. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tgB-Ne2bk4

Andy Bettencourt
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Bond, James Bond.

Greg Amy
09-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I think we ought to name this the "NOT SO FUN ONE" this year at least. Yes I blew that sucker up and when I do it I do it right.
Yes, but what he failed to tell you is that he won on Saturday by several seconds... :happy204:

As for the rest of Kakashi, here's the reason Jeremy didn't get to run. I'm not gonna start that sheis-storm again (it's on RRAX, if you're interested), but this was the result of the aforementioned "discussion"...

cpm motorsports
09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Wanted to say thanks to all who offered suggestions of lodging and points of interest to see.

And thank you to Kakashi Racing for saving a good spot for us. Sorry your weekend didn't turn out to be such a 'fun' one. But always fun hanging out with you guys.

And last, but certainly not least, a Big Congratulations to Tim for his two second place finishes! :happy204::happy204:

RSTPerformance
09-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Joe-

Looks like you did a great job staying off track... much better than most!!!

Raymond

CRallo
09-16-2008, 07:57 PM
And last, but certainly not least, a Big Congratulations to Tim for his two second place finishes! :happy204::happy204:

damn! more?? lol Tim and his second places...

dominojd
09-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Joe-

Looks like you did a great job staying off track... much better than most!!!

Raymond

Yeah as soon as it let loose I ditched in the grass.

benspeed
09-17-2008, 10:48 AM
OK - here's more entertainment for folks who don't want to work and would rather watch racing videos.

This is the Big Bore race, group 2. Half of the race was run under caution so I figured out how to edit that out.

Cheers

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=435928699646818735&hl=en

Jeremy Billiel
09-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know Wilson Wrights's contact information? We would like to ask him a question on the incident to get his perspective on what happened.

Butch Kummer
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
OK - here's more entertainment for folks who don't want to work and would rather watch racing videos.

This is the Big Bore race, group 2. Half of the race was run under caution so I figured out how to edit that out.

Cheers

Ben,

I only watch racing videos while waiting for my jobs to run! At least that's what I tell the Boss!

And the preferred term is "Big Noise race" - for obvious reasons. :)

Coupla comments/questions:

1. Is it just me, or did it kinda look like a Miata race there at the start? The white Camaro did point you by, but the other guys? Maybe it's not a Miata thing after all?

2. The straights seemed shorter in this video than the other two I've seen. Is this the same track? :D

3. Were there two #60 silver Corvettes in the race? You passed him before the FCY and then he was ahead of you on the restart. (And yes, this IS a pet peeve of mine).

4. You guys really need to get some more GTA cars up there. I'll continue working on that. :cool:

See ya...

benspeed
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
B)The big bore "noise" guys are pretty respectful but most don't use the point by. I'm used to running in tighter quarters from doing ITS and the big bore guys seem to give a little more room - especially since things happen really, really fast when it goes wrong. I wish we had a ton more cars up here - hence the ITS car back in the stable. Brian Lacroix is the driver giving the point by and we've gotten to know each other paddocking in the same area. He is a top A sedan dude.

Ben,

I only watch racing videos while waiting for my jobs to run! At least that's what I tell the Boss!

And the preferred term is "Big Noise race" - for obvious reasons.

Coupla comments/questions:

1. Is it just me, or did it kinda look like a Miata race there at the start? The white Camaro did point you by, but the other guys? Maybe it's not a Miata thing after all?

I think the Miata is the ultimate starter car and we see way more inexperienced drivers in that model so more bad stuff happens and the car/classes gets a bad rap.

The Camaro drove into the side of the WRX like a retard...

2. The straights seemed shorter in this video than the other two I've seen. Is this the same track?

I am so friggin fast that the track only seems shorter on my video :cool: (Ok - asking for grief)

3. Were there two #60 silver Corvettes in the race? You passed him before the FCY and then he was ahead of you on the restart. (And yes, this IS a pet peeve of mine).

Good catch, there are two nearly identical silver Corvettes and they run nearly identical times. They have way more motor than me, but being lighter I make it up under braking and the turns. Haven't beaten those guys yet but getting closer.

4. You guys really need to get some more GTA cars up there. I'll continue working on that. :cool:

If I win the lottery I'm going to come to the track with a trailer load of these cars for rent and we'd see all the A sedan guys move into these GTA cars! Maybe the IT guys too.

See ya...

I hope we get the V8 Stock car series guys to come to the Glen - hoping to race ya one day :-) :eclipsee_steering:

dickita15
09-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know Wilson Wrights's contact information? We would like to ask him a question on the incident to get his perspective on what happened.
email sent