PDA

View Full Version : Driving Impressions PRO IT POLL

Robert Zecca
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Dear Competitors,

We have approached SCCA PRO RACING with the idea of being a support race to one of their big weekends for 2009.

How many of you would attend if the race was held at:

Lime Rock Park
NJMP

How far would you be willing to travel if the event was held at another track say Detroit or ??? Please give me your feedback. I am putting a proposal together for them and I would like to have an idea of what type of field we would be able to have.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com

JLawton
08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Bob,

Back a few years ago they had the "Import Challenge" at LRP. It was on a couple of the big holiday races. Memorial Day and Labor Day?? Although it was just for ITS and ITA cars, I believe there was always a waiting list. It was an awesome atmosphere to race in. It's not too often we get to race in front of thousands and thousands of spectators. We always were told that we were the best racing of the weekends. Of course, that was back when IT was rough and tumble, not the gentlemen we are now.......... :p

I hope to make my schedule more on the fun side next year and would go to either LRP or NJMP........ Not so sure about Detroit...... unless there was a huge tow fund!! :D When you're trying to put the IT Fest and ARRC on your schedule, another long tow is tough.

I think it's a great idea!!!

gran racing
08-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Bob, I think it's a really neat idea. What would sell the event for myself would be if this support race were in a better time spot than the Import Challenge was which was the last race of the day when most people were fleeing to the parking lot. Maybe this is asking a lot, but you asked. :)

benspeed
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Count me in! But I wouldn't tow further than VIR south our mid-Ohio to the west.

WGI, NJMP, LRP, - those would be the hot spots. I would also pay up to $500 for an entry fee.

CRallo
08-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Count me in Bob!! Love the idea! what will it take to make it happen??

If it were in Detroit then count me in double!! I doubt most of these guys would tow that far though...

rsx858
08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Count me in! But I wouldn't tow further than VIR south our mid-Ohio to the west.

WGI, NJMP, LRP, - those would be the hot spots. I would also pay up to $500 for an entry fee.

Im on the same page as Ben here. and i also agree that as a support race we should be before the finale, not after while everyone is leaving... Im in it for the fans and glory!

BruceG
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
LRP....yes....ITB Mustang,ITA RX7

83rx701
08-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm in for LRP and NJMP

Ed Funk
08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
We'd go as far south as VIR or as far west as Mid Ohio. Two cars, itc (or b) and ita.

robits325is
08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
We will bring between 2-6 cars to any race on the east coast.

dtanthon
08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I'd go! Name the place.

Points are updated to include this weekend. Check www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com)

Seems we have a tie at the top. October should be interesting at NJMP with 2 races on the schedule. Remember you need to complete 50% of the events to get the year end money.

Thanks,
Darrell

alfetta95
08-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Bob,

I'm in! LRP, Glen, NJMP

Great concept. Wish I could attend more events.

Todd

lateapex911
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Lime Rock? For sure. Other places? maybe/probably, depends on the schedule and other factors.

Oh, and as for the slo0t in the schedule? I know we can't be greedy. If it's the first or last race, it is what it is.

(I always wondered why, back in the OMP days, when we were on the NASCAR Busch north ticket, and there was rain, that they didn't toss us on the track for an "extra race" during the delay if only to humor the fans and help dry the track?? Thank ANY of us would have said "No"? ;) )

raffaelli
08-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I am down for ITA at LRP!

RSTPerformance
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
We are in with the Audi's in ITB... If it was at Lime Rock I think you would pull in a lot of cars.

I like the idea of mixing up the series to be "with" other races. For example I think that the Lime Rock National was perfect with Pro IT being a "support race." The double at NJMP will be great as I have talked to people who are considering the event so they can share one car and two drivers can get in two races each (ProIT and Regional). A support race at another track like WGI (Indy Cars!!!?), VIR, Summit, Beaver Run, or Nelson would be great.

I think Mid Ohio already has one IT premire event each year for the "towers." Keep every event new and exciting!!!

Raymond

Weaver7
09-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Count the Weaver Team in!!! Great series for sure!

Bill Weaver
ITS RX7 #63

Greg Amy
09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
In.

Andy Bettencourt
09-02-2008, 08:49 AM
In at LRP.

dominojd
09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
In anywhere except for LRP. :D

Scott Koschwitz
09-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I would definitely be interested, at Lime Rock, NJMP, or the Glen.

I run a MAMTMNBM (in SSM), but know how to race in class.

ulfelder
09-02-2008, 04:48 PM
In, in, in for LRP, WGI, NJMP. :happy204:

--------
Steve Ulfelder
Flatout Motorsports
05 ITS

TimM ITB
09-03-2008, 10:54 PM
count me in for LRP, NJMP, WGI, and potentially VIR or Mid-Ohio.

Tim Mullen
ITB - 86