PDA

View Full Version : KA24E/DE crankshaft pulley

djsilver
08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
I run a 240sx with a KA24DE motor in Solo/DSP but I review these forums and often find good background info. Are you guys running 240's in ITA/ITS using the stock crankshaft pulley, an underdrive pulley, or some sort of aftermarket damper or harmonic balancer? My understanding of your rules is that either is legal and I searched the forums before asking so I'll apologize in advance if I'm off-course.

Thanks!
Don Johnson
39 DSP
Buccaneer Region SCCA

mgp240
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
I run the stock pulley on mine...
I would have to doublecheck the rules, but I think you are right, an aftermarket pulley could be used.
Are you looking to move to an underdrive?

erlrich
08-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes, any pulley may be used in IT. I use the ASP underdrive aluminum pulley on my ITA car, but I did have the entire rotating assembly (pulley to pressure plate) balanced when the engine was built. I don't think I would have used it on a stock bottom end.

djsilver
08-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm running an ASP underdrive pulley and a Fidanza flywheel. It's not the smoothest revving engine I've ever driven but it revs readily, it's not much different from stock and more or less what I expected with such a long stroke (and NISMO motor mounts ;-) I asked because I ran across someone on one of those 240sx driftomatic forums claiming to have intimate knowledge of Robello's motors, as well as the NISMO/CORR guys that were running high revving E motors in off road trucks, and their use of ATI super dampers. I understand how they work but they're not cheap so it's not something I'd buy on a rumor.

DJ