PDA

View Full Version : ITR Non OEM Brakes

BMW705
08-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Been racing with NASA for a couple of years because of how they group car by HP to weight ratio. I would very much like to race in ITR but just heard that I must have OEM brakes. Is that true?

I drive an BMW e36-m3 and have brembo 4 pistons on the front.

Many thanks

JoshS
08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry, your E36 M3 is not listed in ITR, it's too fast.

But yes, all IT cars have OEM calipers and rotors, although they can use alternate pads, fluid, and can have air ducting.

Speed Raycer
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
If your region has it... ITE is your friend there. Just bring your NASA rulebook w/you.

BMW705
08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. Is there a place for my car in SCCA?

I really would like to race with you guys but can't seem to get an answer that confirms what group it could run in

JoshS
08-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. Is there a place for my car in SCCA?

I really would like to race with you guys but can't seem to get an answer that confirms what group it could run in
There is no nationally-defined class for an E36 M3 other than T2, and your car is probably prepared in excess of the rules for that class (it's basically a showroom stock class, full interior, etc). Your local region probably has a regionally-defined class for you though, like ITE (which is not really an IT class, despite the name). Tell us where you are and someone from your region can probably help you.

BMW705
08-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Josh

Thanks for your comments. I'll check out the ITE rules in my region - which is Chicago.

JeffYoung
08-18-2008, 10:03 PM
ITE is strong in some regions, not so much in others. Check out mylaps results at Road America, Waterford, whatever tracks are closer to you.

Basically, you are going to have to comply with IT safety rules - IT cage, fire bottle, etc., but most other mods (suspension, brakes, motor) re free.

BMW705
08-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks to all of you for your prompt replies. I think I've found a home in ITE 2. Though not perfect (what ever is?) it still me a chance to go out meet many of you , race and have found. Not to mention being competitive!!!

Thanks again,
Roy

924Guy
08-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Check out also Midwest Sports Car Council, being in this area...

roadracer12578
08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Heck yes, come check us out at Midwestern Council!

You will love the ITGT crowd, there are 2 or 3 M3s running most weekends, as well as an M Coupe and other go-fast Detroit iron.

www.mcscc.com (http://www.mcscc.com)

JoshS
08-19-2008, 04:34 PM
So I looked at the midwest council GCR, since you mentioned that there's an ITGT class for all of those cars, but I'm confused, I don't see those cars listed in ITGT? Is there a newer version than is posted on the website? I'm not local to you guys but I'm interested in what cars would be listed in such a class.

There is only a link to the MCSCC 2007 GCR on your home page.

http://www.mcscc.org/files/2007%20GCR%20rev%20b.pdf

mc-integra111
08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a little late to the game here, but maybe people are still curious.

ITGT is Midwestern Council's catch all class for the newer ITR and ITE SCCA cars (MC does not have ITR or ITE). The 2007 GCR is the most recent (and the official 2008 GCR currently). It does not list some of the newer cars because MC does not have that many ITGT cars (I know of a couple BMW's and a Firebird), and we only class cars as they are brought to the board (we don't automatically copy the SCCA classings as they come out). BMW705, if you would like to racce with MC in ITGT, I have confidence that you could bring your car's info to the boards attention and get it classed (especially if it is already classed in ITE for SCCA).

I would also recommend MC as a good place to race. Another alternative in MC would be SP. This is kind of a catch all class for some of the newer, higher horspower cars that have modifications that bump them out of other classes. It includes a variety of cars from SCCA touring cars (T) to true production cars.

I am not that familiar with the SCCA stuff, but I know the Midwest (CENDIV) does indeed have the ITE2 class at regional events.