PDA

View Full Version : Life gets complicated

Tristan Smith
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I was informed this week, that after 23 years at CNN my position was being dissolved. Needless to say it is shocking and scary. That said, I may be looking for a place, a barn or covered shed or something like that, where I can park my trailer with the car in it to save money on storage. While it wouldn't have to be free, the closer it is to it, the better. I also have a vintage 200sx that I would need a place for, or sell. I am open to any ideas that you guys may have. I live in Atlanta, but can put anywhere near there. Thanks.

gpbmw
08-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Tristian:

Sorry to hear about your situation. I just sold my racear and have room to store a race car in my raceshop for awhile if it will help out. I live near Road Atlanta.

Gerald Potts
Myriad Motorsports
Auburn, GA.
404-791-6444

Ron Earp
08-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey Tristan,

I am truly sorry to hear about that. I wish I could help you out there around Atlanta with the car, but if there is anything I can do for you up this way let me know. I'll ask around with some of my forum members that are in the Atlanta area and see if any of them can lend a hand. Good luck sorting things out, I'm sure that you're going to come out just fine.

Best Regards,
Ron

RacerBill
08-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Tristan: My heart goes out to you. For the last year, my employeer told me that my position was not going to be funded in the near future. Fortunately (or not, don't know for sure yet) they found something else to do. Hope something works out for you. The say that when one door closes another one opens. Sometimes, not exactly what you want or expect, but eventually it will work out for the better.

Wish I had some ideas, but we don't live anywhere near Atlanta.

JeffYoung
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
What the.......???? Damn man, I am beyond sorry about this.

I have a storage spot for your 200SX that you can use indefinitely if you can get it up to Raleigh. It's all yours if you need it.

Tristan Smith
08-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I still have some time to sort things out but I may take you up on the offers. I will have a better sense in the weeks to come, so if anything comes to mind let me know. Thanks again.

tom_sprecher
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Damn! I am sorry to hear that. Things will work out; they always do.

I wish I had some advice but I pay out the wazoo (industry term) to store my trailer here in East Cobb.