PDA

View Full Version : Great Pumpkin Cancelled

tdw6974
08-11-2008, 02:35 PM
TO: Pumpkineers, Workers, Racers and Friends of the Great Pumpkin

The Western New York Region regretfully cancelled this year’s Great Pumpkin Affair after circumstances beyond the region’s control developed.

The cancellation, hopefully for just this year, impacts many of us, especially as it occurs rather late in the season. Many of our plans must be changed.

Racers lose hours of track time.
There is one less opportunity to meet license requirements

NYSRRC and the KRYDERSERIES have each lost two points opportunities and will end their seasons several weeks earlier that planned.

The NESCCA ENDURO SERIES has become a four event series. With two events already run at Pocono, the New England event at New Hampshire in a few weeks and the Glen event in October remain.

Workers lose the opportunity to stand out in the rain and sleet and snow.

For many, a tradition has been interrupted.

We regret the inconvenience. Plan Accordingly

WNYR
August 11, 2008
THE GREAT PUMPKIN will NOT be making his 39th Annual visit to NELSON LEDGES this October.

Rumors are becoming facts. Western New York Region has been advised that the track will be closing before the scheduled Great Pumpkin Affair weekend of October 25-26, 2008. The Region has not been given details about immediate or future plans for Nelson Ledges.

Efforts were made to relocate the event, but a viable alternative was not found.
With time for organizing an event and for planning on everyone’s part growing short, the WNYR Board of Directors has elected to cancel the October, 2008 event. Efforts will continue toward presenting the 39th Annual-In-Forty Years Great Pumpkin Affair in 2009.

THANK YOU to all of the PUMPKINEERS who have made THE GREAT PUMPKIN AFFAIR such an enjoyable part of club racing, a 38-year-long party.

WNYR, BOD
August 10, 2008
Just received at 2:15

dlg208
08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I heard a rumor that they are trying for BeaveRun?

:shrug:

fairgentleman Z
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately that is taken from the main page:

http://wny-scca.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72:great-pumpkin-affair-cancellation&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

I was hoping for the very least to see a combination with another event that has been displaced by the track sale; i.e.

"Pumpkin Harvest"

tdw6974
08-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I heard a rumor that they are trying for BeaveRun?

:shrug:
Efforts were made to relocate the event, but a viable alternative was not found

dlg208
08-12-2008, 07:01 AM
BeaveRun wasn't viable?...

Big surprise there :015:

cjb25hs
08-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I ran the steel cities double this past weekend and it was announced that the Pumpkin was being held there on Oct 18th and 19th.

dlg208
08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
That's what I was hoping for...

A little more love for the SCCA at Beaver.

(and it gives me all winter to replace the brakes I'm gonna ruin there)