PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for coming to the I.T.SPEC*tacular

TAC
08-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

On behalf of the Cincinnati Region SCCA I would like to Say THANK YOU to everyone who came to the I.T.SPEC*tacular.
The weather was about as perfect as you can ask for in August. Mid 70's during the day and 50's at night. And the rain even held off till well after dark Saturday night. I apologize that I didn't get to check in with everyone over the weekend as I was busy running my butt off. I guess I'll be watching youtube video's again this year to catch up on all the action.

New track records in 4 classes this year:

ITB,

Beran held the lap record Sunday Morning 1.47.423. Vaughan, Beran and Chris all broke that in the Sunday Afternoon Race with Vaughn Scott holding on for class bragging rights.

Old track Record..........1.47.477
Vaughan Scott ...........1.46.912
Beran Peter.................1.47.200
Christopher Schaafsma 1.47.129

IT7

Epic battle for lap record between Jake Gulick, Hason Albright and Fred Albright. I think everyone had the lap record at one time or another during the weekend. Fred Albright prevailed in this battle.

old track record.1.48.093
Fred Albright.....1.47.112
Jake Gulick.......1.47.295
Jason Albright...1.47.357

ITR

Cincinnati region's own Christian Bernhardt held this track record in ITR. Allan shattered it and gets the top spot and a new track record

Old Track Record.......1.49.784

Allan Haggai.............1.43.53

SM

Big battle for the top spot between Returning champ Mark Bennett , Tom Fowler and California native Mark Drennan,

Old Track Record......1.45.213

Mark Bennett...........1.44.472
Tom Fowler...............1.44.850
Mark Drennan...........1.45.030

Now all I have to do is get the points together for the Triple Crown.............. http://www.roadraceautox.com/bbs/images/emoticons/wink.gif

Todd

Knestis
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Are results going to be posted to MyLaps?

Thanks for all your hard work,

Kirk

dominojd
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
No thank you Todd and cincy region for putting on a great event once again.

The gas card towing fund was a great idea and it was really appreciated.

I was kinda freaked out at the party hearing my name called by an SCCA official, usually that only happens when I do something stupid. ;)

Looking forward to next year. :D

RacerBill
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Todd: No kidding. This is THE event North of the Mason-Dixon!!!!!!

Weather- could only have been better if it didn't rain overnight, but was nothing to some of the storms I've seen come through MO.

Competition - top notch - best racing in SCCA! I am honored to be on the same track at the same time with the level of drivers that attended. I actually saw one driver who received a gas card, give it to a worker! How stand up is that!!!!!!

Maybe one of these days, I will have a real race car instead of a street car trying to look like a race car!

Lap records - fell like dominos. And not all by locals - a lot of good laps by drivers who are not that familiar with the track!

Everything else about the event - what can you say. I didn't see anything go wrong all weekend long. About as close to a perfect event as I've seen in a while.

All in all, the car actually rolled onto the trailer Sunday afternoon (thank goodness for that Harbor Freight winch). So, I count that as a good weekend.

I loved the race Saturday. That length is a real test!

Please pass this on to the whole race committee and all the workers.

Rabbit07
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks again Todd you ROCK! Can't wait till next year I have some unfinished first non Honda business to take of now that once again that spot was taken by a Nissan.

Anybody want to buy a Neon with a blown engine?

downingracing
08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Great weekend! Thanks for all the hard work to make it AWESOME.

Chris,

Sorry to hear about the motor... I didn't get a chance to catch you before you headed home. Next time!!!

teritanz25
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
This is my first post here ever, but after this weekend I could not, not post here. For those whom missed it shame on you. It was awesome. I have never experienced competition on that level before. Weather was great and more important, the people that ran the event were even better. Thank you to all whom competed in the IT-S and IT-B race. Very respectful racing all weekend. We cannot wait until next year, will probably have to enter early to make sure it is not sold out. It is going to be even bigger and better as the years go on.

:happy204::026::happy204::026:

PS. Thanks Mr. Harding for an incredible Sunday afternoon race!

dj10
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Todd,
So sorry I had to withdraw, $4.00 engine part put me out. I'lll be back.

JoshS
08-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Todd,
So sorry I had to withdraw, $4.00 engine part put me out. I'lll be back.
There's such a thing as a $4.00 engine part?

lateapex911
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I was kinda freaked out at the party hearing my name called by an SCCA official, usually that only happens when I do something stupid. ;)

Which happens kinda frequently! :p

But I echo his praise. I know that there are a lot of people who do a great job putting the event on. The trophy is very nice, not the typically cheesy ones we often see. The medals are cool. Banners were everywhere, lots of people helping you find things ....well staffed flag stations, and on and on. Todd, you've done good work here!

RedMisted
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, it was a great event in the overall sense. But my group (#5) was forced to abort the last half of Saturday's race due to some T&S or communication malfunction. A real disappointment, but that's how it goes sometimes. Will definitely be back next year. :eclipsee_steering:
Kudos to Haggai for setting the ITR track record. :happy204: At six seconds behind, I have much catching up to do with my ITR 'Stang.
And Christian, what a nice little battle we had during Sunday's race! Thanks for keeping it clean!

dlg208
08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Had a fantastic time...

Many cars to play with and the party was great.:happy204:

dominojd
08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I have some unfinished first non Honda business to take of now that once again that spot was taken by a Nissan.

Hey Chris read my new sig. :D

Rabbit07
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Sweet!:happy204:

tom91ita
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
thanks todd for all of the prep work.

and thanks for the split starts even if we did cause fits. and thanks to the wrecker crew who pulled my butt from the sand trap. not sure if it was the same crew from last year.

and i was there when Joe's name was called. i am not sure if he was really that surprised. he uses that word so frequently anyways....

Joe, glad you and so many others from "out of town" came to make this a memorable event. i really appreciate so many strong competitors coming and making this a great event.

just give us the word for next year as early as possible so i can get it on the calendar.

Jeremy Billiel
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM

So does that make you the first Nissan loser?:happy204:

Rabbit07
08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
So does that make you the first Nissan loser?:happy204:

I don't think I have ever met Jeremy, but I like him already!:p

Jeremy Billiel
08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't think I have ever met Jeremy, but I like him already!:p

I don't think we have ever met, but I get grief all year from Joe so when I get my chance and since I own a honda product it was a sure win. :smilie_pokal:

dominojd
08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't think we have ever met, but I get grief all year from Joe so when I get my chance and since I own a honda product it was a sure win. :smilie_pokal:

Real nice Jeremy this is a thread thanking people for coming to the event, not for people who did not attend. Whay are you cluttering it up with non-sense.

Ya know I am sure if you did show up Beran would have really enjoyed beating you in his ITB car. :D

R2 Racing
08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
.....this is a thread thanking people for coming to the event, not for people who did not attend.
Very true, because if it was, I would've made fun of Bettencourt already.:024:

bonespec
08-12-2008, 11:12 PM
twas just a spectator, traded ideas on some IT issues, had a blast.

I'll be attending next weeks CincySCCA monthly meeting, just to restate the GREAT time had by many, not just the racers and crew.

924Guy
08-13-2008, 08:41 AM
I mentioned it briefly in the other thread, but wanted to say again here - a huge Thank You to Todd and the rest of the team for making the ITS/ITB split starts possible for us in Group 1!!! We (in ITB ) wouldn't have had much of a race, I suspect, if we'd been split by all those ITS cars. Instead, we had an awesome battle, 3-way legitimate challenges for the lead, 3-wide through the Esses, and of course all beating the lap record! Way cool!!! :smilie_pokal:

And thanks for just a great weekend overall, lots of great memories!!! :happy204:

dj10
08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Where are the results posted?

Knestis
08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
My congratulations too, to Vaughan, Beran, et al. for some great racing. I'm hoping I can up my game to get closer to that level for next year.

K

Rabbit07
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Joe check out my new sig :)

lateapex911
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM

Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
Angry Sheep Motorsports

When men were men and the sheep ran scared...............

dominojd
08-14-2008, 03:39 AM

I can't read it the print was to fine. ;)

Rabbit07
08-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Try this

iagreen
08-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Great event again. Glad I was able to schedule my relocation to keep the car out there for it. She made the 2500 mile tow just like the race, without a scratch. But with no oil leaks and no DNF's.

Thanks again to all those who helped me get the car there. Rucks, Bone, Lunder, I'm sure there are more.

I'll have to see what I can swing to make it out again next year.

TAC
08-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Great event again. Glad I was able to schedule my relocation to keep the car out there for it. She made the 2500 mile tow just like the race, without a scratch. But with no oil leaks and no DNF's.

Thanks again to all those who helped me get the car there. Rucks, Bone, Lunder, I'm sure there are more.

I'll have to see what I can swing to make it out again next year.

Now you'll have to enter the I.T.WEST in California next year for your one leg. :D

shwah
08-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Todd - this event delivered on every single expectation. Truely the most fun I have ever had at a race track. Thank you for all the effort!

Eagle7
08-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Todd, please do the weather the same next time. :happy204:

Seriously, wonderful event. Kudos to all. Great job.

924Guy
08-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Still no Mylaps results??? :(

TAC
08-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Nope, the person who posts them for us is on vacation. And its pure frigging magic to me. I promise to have them up soon.

Todd

TAC
08-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Results are now posted at www.cincyscca.com Sorry for the delay.

Todd

R2 Racing
08-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Hate to beat a dead horse, but...

TAC
08-19-2008, 11:17 PM

I'll find out what's going on. :dead_horse:

bonespec
08-20-2008, 02:37 AM
I forgot to ask tonight at the meeting, sorry.

Oh yeah, I was the new old guy reintroduced during the meeting.

924Guy
08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Any updates??

datadude
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
First, I was not on vacation. Second, I just received a file from the chief of T&S for that race to be able to post. All sessions have been posted to Mylaps. Search through Neohio. Enjoy.

tom91ita
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
is there a link to use? the new search function at mylaps is a pain.

when i used to type my name, i used to get the events i had been to and would select the one i wanted to see.

now i type my name and all variations of it tom, thomas, etc. and select racers and get zero results.

924Guy
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Great, thanks!!

Here's the event results:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=349007

Tom - you should register (based on your transp #), then it's easy to find your results anytime! :D