PDA

View Full Version : Updates

RSTPerformance
08-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Where are they???

I herd that Kip was dominant in ITS and Beran in ITB...

Raymond

JLawton
08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
ITA:
Moser
Moser
Ruck
AJ
Crazy Joe

Rabbit07
08-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I managed to still be the first non Honda on the grid, and then spun a rod bearing on the first lap of the race leaving Joe to run alone behind the front 4 cars.

jlucas
08-10-2008, 06:59 PM
ITA - Sunday:
Moser
AJ
Moser
Ruck
Crazy Joe
Me

After a total fail on tires yesterday (I didn't know Hankooks heat cycle out) it was nice to run better today.

Gran had another hub problem in the morning qualifier, but that's about the only news I've got from other race groups.

spdmonkey
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
The ITA race was awesome. The front 3 cars were covered with a blanket for the first half with Ruck close behind. Then AJ passed into 2nd and the 3 of them just drove away from the rest. Ruck was mr. lonely most of the race by himself. Fun to watch.

R2 Racing
08-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I wrote this out over on roadraceautox.com, so I'll just copy it here...

Pardon my French, but that was fucking sweet. Saturday morning qualifying went Bob, Joey, AJ, and me all between a 1:43.3 and a 1:43.8. The race that afternoon was just rediculous. All four of us were nose to tail. Unfortunately for me I got camera car duty back in fourth, but did do a damn fine job of it. That video is currently in the "camera-->web" transition, so look for it later. Yea, AJ did put it off when we ran up on some lappers, so it dropped him to 4th and moved me to 3rd. I wore my medal proudly all night. Sunday morning's race started in the order of fastest race lap from Saturday's race. That put us as Bob, Joey, AJ, and me again in a range of 1:44.2 to a 1:44.4 - rediculous. Raced with AJ for the first couple of laps until he finally got around and took off after the Moser's who had formed up into their patented, unbeatable M-Train. I did my best to stay with him. Finished in this order, with these fastest laps: Bob at a 1:43.0, Joey at a 1:43.2, AJ at a 1:44.0, and me at a 1:43.8. Sunday afternoon started in the same order we'd seen all weekend: Bob, Joey, AJ, me. Deja-vu. This is where my fairy tale of actually getting to run with thse guys ended. I missed the setup completely and then picked up a wicked vibration about half way through that got worse and worse. I'm thinking it's a wheel bearing or an axle or something, but haven't investigated it yet. The three CRX's tore off at just a stupid fast pace. I was running low to mid 1:44's and they were killing me. When the vibration got worse, I eventually backed off to 1:45's and 1:46's. AJ tried his ass off against the Moser's. Joey got around Bob, AJ hounded Bob for several laps, and then finally got around him and up into 2nd. By that time, Joey was pretty gone. Joey got down to a 1:42.9 during the race. That's just stupid fast. Bob and AJ also each ran low 1:43's, hence the ass-kicking I received. With about three laps to go, Bob broke the perch snap ring on back left shock, effectively running the tire on the fender. He was still able to cruise to the finish just enough to stay ahead of me.

I was a little bumbed after the race that I got whooped so bad today, but in all, I feel really good about the weekend. The car's got some balls when I get the setup right, and to run so close to those guys at a track that's just been giving me fits for a couple of years now is a huge relief. Now if I could only get rid of that damn carousel and keyhole...

Great to see everyone! Huge thanks to Bob, Joey and AJ for some of the most fun racing I've ever had. I couldn't pick three other guys to run that hard for that long with. Really, that was awesome.

924Guy
08-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Much fun, awesome racing with Beran and Chris, just an awesome weekend despite the downpour Sat night (we camped), great catching up with everyone, putting more faces with names!

ITB was pretty much Beran, me, and Chris in that order... for the weekend and _most_ of the races... ;) got some most excellent video, just gotta get it edited and uploaded... still can't believe there's no yellow paint on my car from trying to get Beran to go faster through the Esses... ;) Excellent, clean, and very intense racing all weekend!

Oh, yeah, and the ITB lap record took a beating too. ;)

RacerBill
08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Great weekend. Great racing. New experiences - shearing a front hub at speed in Sunday pm race! All got home ok. Can't wait to hear all the stories and see the videos. (Got a look at mine from Sunday. Even without audio, you can see where the hub shears, car starts to shake like a paint mixer! Only thing that kept the wheel on the car was the brake caliper.)

RacerBill
08-11-2008, 08:04 AM
ITB

Sat - Qual
Pete, Vaughn, Chris, Aaron Stehly, Aaron Gills

Sat - Race
Pete, Vaughn, Chris, Sam Moore, Dave

Sun - Qual Race
Pete, Vaughn, Chris, Scott Fruth, John Payne

Sun - Race
Vaughn, Pete, Chris, Aaron Stehly, Jim Heckman

Anyone need full fields, group 1 only - sorry, PM me with email address, I have them in PDF format.

Beran
08-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I had a blast. We had some of the best racing ever. Vaughn & Chris did an awesome job racing a competitive clean race weekend in ITB. Congrats go to Vaughn for setting new ITB track record.
Everyone at the track was very very nice and helpful. Big thanks to everyone that made the event possible. Great job!
Also very nice to put faces to some of the names on this forum. It was nice to meet new people that had come from places just as far as we had.

Thank you for a great memorable race weekend.
Beran

tom91ita
08-11-2008, 11:00 AM
awesome event!

thanks to cincy region for hosting and thanks to all the workers that made this possible.

and thanks to the drivers that have committed to attending and making this the high point of the summer.

congrats to vaughn and beran, sorry i did not catch up with you guys! at least i finished 3 of 4 sessions this year and 2of 3 races.

next year, i will go for all of them!

bonespec
08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Great RACING, got to meet a few new faces like Tom, AJ, young 1/2 of the M-Train.

I'm still glowing with all the fun I had.........wait that is just the sunburn I think :)

Jeff Loewe was there taking pics, should be awesome as always.

ITS5GB
08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
WOW VAUGHN! WAY TO CARRY THE TORCH!
It's nice to see the Waterford gang did well. I hear Moser's did well in ITA.
Charlie Tobel took his new ITS car (now who's would that have been? http://www.waterfordhills.com/cms/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif ) down at the last minute. Didn't make qualifying so he should have started from the back of the ITS field in the ITS/ITB Group (split grid). Unfortunately on the way to his grid spot, car started missing. Back to the paddock for fresh plugs. When he hit the track the green had dropped and he was down a half lap to the tail end of the ITB cars. He hard charged through the field to finish 14th overall(40 cars total) and 11th in ITS. His 9th fastest time allowed him to start in 9th for the Sunday qualifier race. Worked his way up to 3rd before being punted off in his shiny, new to him, yellow car (hint hint) by the 4th place car. Knocked him back to 17th. Started the afternoon race in 17th. Worked his way to 5th and was about to take 4th when a local yellow came out on the last lap. Finished 5th and posted the 3rd fastest lap. Not bad for getting in to new car he had never driven before the Saturday race and his first chance to drive the track(he had been there once before but blew up 10 minutes in to practice last year)! http://www.waterfordhills.com/cms/phpBB3/images/smilies/bigups.gif http://www.waterfordhills.com/cms/phpBB3/images/smilies/bigups.gif

rabbidmk1
08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks to everyone for an awesome weekend. It was nice meeting everyone and especially seeing the other MK3 VWs in person. It was worth every second of our 13 hour trip to come and race against such a fast, well prepared field!

Aaron

924Guy
08-12-2008, 06:44 PM
First video out, here's the 1:46.912 from Sunday afternoon's ITB race... sandwiched in between Beran and Chris... we ran like this pretty much ALL WEEKEND, excepting the Saturday race where Chris got hung out in the breeze by a lap 1 bobble, pretty much ending his chances of running with us.

Let's see if this'll work, first time trying a Youtube inline link... ACK, that didn't work. Well, here's the link, but looks like I will have to re-do it, the aspect ratio's all F'd up somehow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7Cv-vM484

EDIT - fixed the aspect ratio, should look right this time...

A HUGE vote of thanks to Todd et al for getting us a split grid with ITS; we wouldn't have had jack squat for ITB racing this weekend if we were mixed in. As it was, we had some of the best racing IMO that was on track all weekend!!!

gran racing
08-12-2008, 09:24 PM
I have to say the ITC battle was just awesome to watch on Sunday. Three wide down the back straight into the turn, passes being made everywhere. IMO, this was probably the best race I saw of the weekend.

shwah
08-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Just got home tonight. Had a really great time at the IT Fest, and can't wait for next year!

I had a blast. We had some of the best racing ever. Vaughn & Chris did an awesome job racing a competitive clean race weekend in ITB. Congrats go to Vaughn for setting new ITB track record.
Everyone at the track was very very nice and helpful. Big thanks to everyone that made the event possible. Great job!
Also very nice to put faces to some of the names on this forum. It was nice to meet new people that had come from places just as far as we had.

Thank you for a great memorable race weekend.
Beran

Beran - it was a freaking blast racing with you and Vaughn. Close fast and (mostly) clean. I did understeer into Vaughn early in Sunday morning's race in the esses - just too hot into the corner that early in the race. I wish I had more for both of your cars on the back straight, but that is part of what makes IT racing so dang fun - the cars are not the same.

924Guy
08-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah, had great fun racing with you Chris! I hope I can make it to one or two more Regionals next year, have some more good races with you - kinda missing that kind of work back home!

Good job this weekend!