PDA

View Full Version : Koni Rebuild Orlando area?

Duc
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I was going through my car this week, replaced the right rear carrier after finding a bad bushing. I also took some time to go through the shocks in the rear and noticed oil leaking from the right rear shock. Further investigating it looks like it is empty. (That would explain the severe wheel hop on that tire, thought it was the bad bushing). I am registered for this Sunday's race at Daytona.

Any local would be able to at least refill them? Koni 2812

Thanks,

Derek

JLawton
08-07-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm guessing they're going to need more than refilling. If the seals are bad you're going to end up pissing the oil right back out again. And I think Koni is the only one that will do Koni's......

Maybe better off just buying new. Not familiar with the 2812 and how expensive they are though........

Greg Amy
08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Not familiar with the 2812 and how expensive they are though........
Expensive. Mucho more than your 8611s, and even more so that the 3000-series we have on the 'Teg.

It need a rebuild, no way around it. No such thing as just "fillin' her up". You can either send them (might as well do 'em all) to Koni for rebuild, but it won't be an overnight affair...

Duc
08-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys. I notice on TrueChoice that they had self service kits for the 2800 series. Just thought I would see if someone had one in Orlando.

Will have to pull from this weekend. Not worth ruining the shocks.

D