PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 - Driving Impressions Pro-IT

dtanthon
08-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Round 3 was a blast at LRP, time to make some fast laps at Lightning!

Entry is open on http://www.NeSCCA.com (http://www.nescca.com/)

Driving Impressions Pro-IT - Round 4 on Lightning.

Saturday:
August 23 - 30 minute qualify, 40 minute race.
Check http://www.NJRRS.com (http://www.njrrs.com/) for Pro-IT rules and prize plan.

Darrell Anthony at [email protected] ([email protected])

http://72.167.111.130/forums/images/chromium/blue/misc/progress.gif

Robert Zecca
08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Guys,

We had 43 registered for LRP and could only take 38 cars. At NJMP we can fit 48. We need to get our car counts up. I just spoke to the editor of SportsCar magazine yesterday to tell him how great we are doing and how we want to be a support race to pro events next year. We need to sacrifice now to build up our fields so that I can go to bat for us in the future. The more cars, the more of a chance of getting sponsors, $$$$ and exposure and big events. Talk to everyone and get down to NJMP in a few weeks. We need to put on a great show again like last week.

Thanks,
Bob Zecca

rsx858
08-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Will be there as always. seriously people if your not running the PRO IT yet, your just missin out :023:

Robert Zecca
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
We are at 14 cars and this should be 41. Please write and let me know what are reasons why people are not coming to NJMP. SJR had the first event there a few weeks ago and only got 160 cars. Now NNJR has 48 for the regional. We need to know why people are not coming out to this new track so that we can plan accordingly for the future. Please take the time to write. Is it money, travel distance, too many races. The more we know about what our racers needs are the better job we can do for the future.

Thanks
Bob Zecca

tdw6974
08-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Bob, We are registered. The Event is up against A NER event. The new England group are satying closer to home. For us New Hamshire is a 10 hr drive, NJ is about 5 1/2 . Now saying its the Dollar cost is just sure easier to go to a close by event. WGI is 45 minutes from us. Tom Weaver

RSTPerformance
08-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Stephen has to work (Annual Meeting, can't get out of it)...

It is also one of our best friends 30th b-day, might be able to get out of it, but they changed their plans to come to mine.... Also my car had that misfire at high RPM, and I would hate to drive that far to have the car not perform at its best.

The cost of towing has certainly become a major factor for us over the past two years...

Raymond "This PROIT series is a great series, we will be at the double race!" Blethen

PS: Lots of the (non PROIT) northeasterners stay focused on NARRC races...

rsx858
08-10-2008, 06:21 PM
School/College is nearly back in session so my sm teammate wont make it. not sure how many people that age are racing in the series.

rsx858
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I hate to ask it because im really looking forward to this race but is there any chance that the event will be cancelled if entries do not pick up?

JeffHarding
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm concentrating on NARRC so I'll be at NHMS. Plus it's only 25 minutes away. :)

robits325is
08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
what's left to concentrate on - your victory lap!!? Isn't there a helipad option on that RV - why not go for both!!

We all decided to go to NJ. Same tow distance and a nice new track. Hopefully this time I get more than 6 laps....

ulfelder
08-11-2008, 08:41 AM
what's left to concentrate on - your victory lap!!? Isn't there a helipad option on that RV - why not go for both!!

Rumors are flying that Bettencourt may take my car up (I can't make it) to keep Harding honest. No team orders, just don't wreck each other, boys! :eek:

-------
Steve Ulfelder
Flatout Motorsports
05 ITS

Robert Zecca
08-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Dear Competitors,

Thank you for your candid responses. Not only do I run Driving Impressions but I am secretary of NNJR and we are very concerned about turnouts. We want to do what is best for both the racers, workers and members of SCCA. The more info we have to go on the better we can make decisions for the future. I am concerned that NJMP is just to far for most our competitors and we may not be able to run there for the future. We will see but it is best to communicate and hear what people are thinking. Thanks guys for getting back to me.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca

JLawton
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Bob,

Yeah, the fourth round is up against a NARRC race at NHMS as Jeff said. Although it was a great track and well run event for the race in July, traveling from anywhere north of NY really, REALLY sucks!! I plan on keeping it on my schedule to do once a year.......

Trust me, we're ALL pulling for you guys to get a good turn out and stay financially healthy!!

Good luck!!

dtanthon
08-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Still plenty of time to register. Come to New Jersey Motorsports Park and take the challenge, see if you can handle Lightning.

Look for added contingency and discounts on future events.

Entry is open on http://www.NeSCCA.com (http://www.nescca.com/)
Driving Impressions Pro-IT - Round 4 on Lightning.

Saturday:
August 23 - 30 minute qualify, 40 minute race.
Check http://www.NJRRS.com (http://www.njrrs.com/) for Pro-IT rules and prize plan.

Darrell Anthony at [email protected] ([email protected])

PS - If you owe me a W9 please send it to me or see me at Lightning. Checks will be available at the track.

benspeed
08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm taking the new RX7 to NJ Motorsports park for the Pro IT - that's the hot series now so I figure I need to step up my game and race with the big dogs.

I probably will have my GT1 car ready but the real race is in Pro IT - not the big bore parade.

RacerBill
08-14-2008, 02:32 PM
:( Wish I could make it. Having joined NYR in NYC just after Vineland closed, I am looking forward to driving in South Jersey. But repairs from the IT Spectacular, $400 gas for towing, new job responsibilities and other financial stress make it impossible for this year.

The track looks awesome, and it's on my list of tracks to run on. And only an 8-9 hour tow from Columbus.

JeffHarding
08-15-2008, 07:15 AM
...Isn't there a helipad option on that RV - why not go for both!!

We all decided to go to NJ. Same tow distance and a nice new track. Hopefully this time I get more than 6 laps....

You must have found a helicopter. I noticed you're now signed up for both! :confused:

dtanthon
08-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Special Incentives:

No late fees

Friday workers shall receive a voucher for entry to a future PDX event hosted by NNJR. Get behind the wheel at NJMP.

For every Entrant that provides a Worker (Grid, Flagging, Pit/Paddock, T&S, etc...) for a significant portion of the Weekend, NNJR will provide a voucher for a Free Test and Tune Session at NJMP in 2009.

robits325is
08-15-2008, 07:58 AM
We are on the fence. Time will tell.....

rsx858
08-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Special Incentives:

No late fees

Friday workers shall receive a voucher for entry to a future PDX event hosted by NNJR. Get behind the wheel at NJMP.

For every Entrant that provides a Worker (Grid, Flagging, Pit/Paddock, T&S, etc...) for a significant portion of the Weekend, NNJR will provide a voucher for a Free Test and Tune Session at NJMP in 2009.

Thats a hell of a deal! dont know if i can find anyone but im sure gonna try

TimM ITB
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Can anyone enlighten as to "facilities" at the NJ track? I normally "camp" in my trailer. Showers, food, etc available at the track, or do I need to spend the money and plan on finding a hotel?
thanks,
Tim M

rsx858
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Tim, NJMP has excellent facilities. Tons of power stations and air conditioned bathrooms! The showers were not completed by the first event but i would bet they will be available for this race. Also there were plenty of vendors and i believe a food place over by the carting track? someone correct me if im wrong. Overall I was very impressed.

This track is worth the trip!:023:

tdw6974
08-16-2008, 06:04 AM
Any layout map that would be available ahead of time so have a better idea as to where to go oncew we find the entrace.?

rsx858
08-16-2008, 12:14 PM
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/images/siteplan.png

tdw6974
08-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks Matt!

dtanthon
08-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Still time to register.
Get the prize fund up there!:026:

Thanks,
Darrell

RacerBill
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Can anyone enlighten as to "facilities" at the NJ track? I normally "camp" in my trailer. Showers, food, etc available at the track, or do I need to spend the money and plan on finding a hotel?
thanks,
Tim M

Tim: Great to hear you are back in the hunt. Missed you at the IT Spectacular, especially since I am in ITB now. But I broke a hub on Sunday in the last race. :(

Have to see how fast I can get 'er fixed!!!!

benspeed
08-25-2008, 10:21 AM
So here's the Pro IT recap from BigSpeed Racing. Qualifying was a solid session with hardly anybody running off as far as I could tell. A FULL 30 Minutes by the way! Track was fast but a little greasy at turn 5 which is what I call "The Hump". I can't remember the whole order but Rooke was P1, Thiele (?) in the black and green BMW P2, Driscoll or Henderson in P3 & P4, King P5, Stewart P6, Phillips P7.

On the start it looked like Rooke got a nice jump and was about 4-5 car lengths ahead of the leaders. I got ahead of Stewart and then blew turn 5 at the hump and Stewart motored away. He and King got ahead by about 5 seconds and I was never able to make any of it back so I just ran as many consistent laps as possible. Looked like King and Stewart had a dog fight for about 6 laps and King got ahead to run down Henderson. They swapped spots several times with Hendo getting P3 at the line. Seemed like those boys traded some paint but in a friendly way. Driscoll and Rooke also had a great battle. Spoke to Matt Rooke after and he said he had the lead and just made a mistake on the last lap, ran off in the S turns and Driscoll rolled home with the win.

I think the finishing order went:

Driscoll P1
Rooke P2
Thiele P3 ITR P1
Henderson P4
King P5
Stewart P6 ITR P2
Phillips P7

Great to be back in an IT race - the Pro IT series was fantastic with about 25 cars registered and 22 taking the field for a full 40 mintues, 58.9 miles of racing on a beautiful road course. I can't say enough about Lightning - what an AWESOME track. Add in the air condistioned bathrooms, brand new concession stands, tons of paddock space, 60 mph go Kart racing, and the THUNDER track - this place is the mecca of road racing.

NJMP IS OUTSTANDING!

A special thanks to all the competitors and PDX participants who came out. The NNJR region was really looking at some financial risk due to the car counts. I think we will lose a lot of $$ but we will survive. I like to quote our Regional Executive, Darrel Anthony, "We measure our success by the smiles on the faces of our drivers and workers." Darrell and the race team put on a fantastic event together and made some excellent management decisions to mitigate financial losses. The racers in the Northeast are very fortunate to have such a great team managing these races.

It was great to see the South Jersey team there helping run the event - awesome group of folks and great teamwork. Now if we could consolidate North Jersey and South Jersey - we'd be really kicking butt. That oughta be another thread...

Robert Zecca
08-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Dear Guys,

Thank you to everyone who helped out at the PDX. It was a great event and we got many positive compliments. Matt Rooke you kick butt!!! Ben your new car is very quick and looks great. More guys need to find these IT cars out there. Thanks for coming out and for all your support on the forums.

Cant wait for our next event. I am hoping to have my 92 Lancia Delta EVO 2 as the pace car. This will get this series some great exposure. Good things are coming.

Thanks again to all who supported NNJR this past weekend. The workers and stewards from SJR, Philly, NER, NYR and NNJR are incredible people. I had an opportunity to work pre-grid and loved it plus I got to meet all these great SCCA people.

Thanks guys from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com

wdether
08-25-2008, 07:13 PM
So here's the Pro IT recap from BigSpeed Racing. Qualifying was a solid session with hardly anybody running off as far as I could tell. A FULL 30 Minutes by the way! Track was fast but a little greasy at turn 5 which is what I call "The Hump". I can't remember the whole order but Rooke was P1, Thiele (?) in the black and green BMW P2, Driscoll or Henderson in P3 & P4, King P5, Stewart P6, Phillips P7.

On the start it looked like Rooke got a nice jump and was about 4-5 car lengths ahead of the leaders. I got ahead of Stewart and then blew turn 5 at the hump and Stewart motored away. He and King got ahead by about 5 seconds and I was never able to make any of it back so I just ran as many consistent laps as possible. Looked like King and Stewart had a dog fight for about 6 laps and King got ahead to run down Henderson. They swapped spots several times with Hendo getting P3 at the line. Seemed like those boys traded some paint but in a friendly way. Driscoll and Rooke also had a great battle. Spoke to Matt Rooke after and he said he had the lead and just made a mistake on the last lap, ran off in the S turns and Driscoll rolled home with the win.

I think the finishing order went:

Driscoll P1
Rooke P2
Thiele P3 ITR P1
Henderson P4
King P5
Stewart P6 ITR P2
Phillips P7

Great to be back in an IT race - the Pro IT series was fantastic with about 25 cars registered and 22 taking the field for a full 40 mintues, 58.9 miles of racing on a beautiful road course. I can't say enough about Lightning - what an AWESOME track. Add in the air condistioned bathrooms, brand new concession stands, tons of paddock space, 60 mph go Kart racing, and the THUNDER track - this place is the mecca of road racing.

NJMP IS OUTSTANDING!

A special thanks to all the competitors and PDX participants who came out. The NNJR region was really looking at some financial risk due to the car counts. I think we will lose a lot of $$ but we will survive. I like to quote our Regional Executive, Darrel Anthony, "We measure our success by the smiles on the faces of our drivers and workers." Darrell and the race team put on a fantastic event together and made some excellent management decisions to mitigate financial losses. The racers in the Northeast are very fortunate to have such a great team managing these races.

It was great to see the South Jersey team there helping run the event - awesome group of folks and great teamwork. Now if we could consolidate North Jersey and South Jersey - we'd be really kicking butt. That oughta be another thread...

Ben,
It is very good to see you out in IT again.

Thanks to all the Pro-IT competitors for putting on a great show Saturday. There were good battles throughout the running order. I hope the Pro-IT series continues to grow. I would like to thank Bob Zecca and DA for being the driving force behind putting this series together.

I agree with you Ben, South Jersey and Northern New Jersey regions should be combined.

rsx858
08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Awesome weekend, this series is seriously the best! Huge thanks to Bob and Darrell. It was great seeing everyone come out for this event. Very cool to have bigspeed Ben back is the mix :D, as well as some new faces in the ITS group. Congrats to Autotechnic for a hell of a weekend, Rob that was a great battle! Hope to see everyone at the next one!

Weaver7
08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes I must say the track is AWESOME...Also congrats Matt on the win Sarurday :smilie_pokal: in the regional how did you make out Sunday? Also a special thanks to Bob and Darrel for making the Pro-IT possible. :happy204:Hope to see everyone at the October event!

Bill Weaver
ITS# 63

rsx858
08-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey Bill great seeing you as always, will you be up at the funone? looks like its gonna be a Huge race.

My win in the qual race was certainly the high point for me. I was a bit less fortunate on sunday. Rob and I were on the front row with the big bore guys who quickly overtook us when the flag dropped then just as quickly started holding us up lap after lap. Rob maneuvered around me after a lap or two and about 4 laps in my temps mysteriously spiked and i had to pull off. Not sure yet if i toasted the motor but im pretty sure the water seal is busted because the motor ate up most of the coolant and no visible leaks.

might be rebuild time for me, hopefuly ill have it together by the glen. Hope to see everyone up there!

dtanthon
08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
The track is GREAT and we have a GREAT series. I had a blast and improved my times each session. October is going to be even better.

Thanks for all the support. We can make this series even better. We are working on the October schedule for the dual Pro-IT and regional races. We are packing the weekend full.

I'm working on the prize money for this event and will get the checks mailed out within a week (I hope).

Thanks,
Darrell

PS - Tell us what we can do better and we will try to make it happen.
PSS - 2009 will NOT have the scheduling that we just has, we can't have 2 events likethis on the same weekend. No one benefits from that. We (NARRC and NJRRS) will ensure the 2009 schedule works for all members.

See you in October, going to be a blast at the Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC), or as we call it the 'Jerk'.....

Robert Zecca
08-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Check out our pace car for the next event:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/dangsr/LRP%2005/IMG_1160med.jpg

rthiele
08-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks to the organizers, we had lots of fun at Lightning! The Pro-IT was great as always, in the Regionals we had some issues with the big bore cars holding things up. Understandable to combine classes when there is not enough registrations and it should work out - if the drivers understand that there is other classes racing as well and act accordingly.
Suggestion to address this in the drivers meeting next time we have IT and SPO, T1, T2 combined in one race and I'm sure everyone will watch out.

@Matt: I did not know that I have to take the impression "eat my dust" literally ;-)

wdether
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Check out our pace car for the next event:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/dangsr/LRP%2005/IMG_1160med.jpg

Cool car Bob, I look forward to seeing it at the track.

rsx858
08-26-2008, 10:25 PM
@Matt: I did not know that I have to take the impression "eat my dust" literally ;-)

:p thanks for not holding a grudge! as always it was great racing with ya, that is of course when im not sending you spinning through the dirt.. :bash_1_:

rthiele
08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Don't worry Matt, nothing happened and there's plenty of space at NJMP

robits325is
08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Awesome weekend, this series is seriously the best! Huge thanks to Bob and Darrell. It was great seeing everyone come out for this event. Very cool to have bigspeed Ben back is the mix :D, as well as some new faces in the ITS group. Congrats to Autotechnic for a hell of a weekend, Rob that was a great battle! Hope to see everyone at the next one!

Yeah I had a lot of fun - good racing! See you at the next event!

Rob

dtanthon
08-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Points have been updated. Check www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com)

We have a tie at the top.

October at NJMP should be a lot of fun.
Remember that for the year end prize fund you need to attend 50% of the events.
NJMP in October is 2 races, rounds 5 & 6.

Schedule and entry are in the works but expect 2 for 1 with the Pro-IT race. One entry gets you 2 races. The format may be a little different, something like one qualify session, 30-40 minute race, then use the finish position from race 1 to determine race 2 grid, another 30-40 minute race. I'll propose that to the NNJR Racing Board next week. Be a good way to end the season or warm up for ARRC.

Thanks,
Darrell